Pendragon Patch 1.125

Comments

• Tanky wrote: »
    Can carolk@broadsword explain why:
    Heretics AF got boosted
    Thanes chain lightning is castable now
    Mid got the worst race choices possible
    Vamps still untimered claw
    Minstrels getting ST (2) for a really that also has (3) DI classes...

Heretics AF got boosted - Heretics underperformed, this was needed in order to give them additional spec options outside of mandatory 50 Enh.

Thanes chain lightning is castable now - This is actually a nerf, it used to be instant *re-read patch notes*

Mid got the worst race choices possible - That's completely subjective and the class/race options were polled by the community for all three realms

Vamps still untimered claw - I think putting a timer on the claw would be an over nerf. The claw needs a power delve increase. Battlemaster power leak style will be increased from a 70delve power drain to a 110 delve power drain. Once again re-read the patch notes.

Minstrels getting ST (2) for a really that also has (3) DI classes - The acquisition of ST by minstrils is one of the few questionable implementations that was introduced in the recent patch notes. I forsee that ST may be switched to a different class (Pally(Hybrid), Heretic(Hybrid), Theurgist(CC/Interrupt)
  • Do you assume that every person in Hero's guild/group/zerg are calm, collective, fun loving zergites?

Those are the kind of blanket statements used to generalize specific problems.

I'm mainly a Hib and I am a calm, collective, fun loving zergite. So in that case it's true!!! :smile:

• I would love some insight on the changes made here. From BS
  • Grish wrote: »
    Baby wrote: »
    Grish wrote: »
    People shouldnt be harassing other people in the game, its just childish,but when you grp with a person thats known for that cant say Id expect any different.

really? I've been treated this way before i ever supported Nate's BG's... so ye, that's also not right to do that to a person, only because they group with someone else;) I've just been getting more of it now, and there have been witnesses to this;) in the past and present;)

Yes really,like I said its childish and uncalled for, but you hang around with a dog thats got fleas you end up with em sooner or later yourself.

Its not like anyone playing dosent know how Nate has acted, and the reasons hes been banned in game and on postcount.You run with him you are essentially saying you are ok with how he acts and treats people.
    I dont group with people like that because I dont condone that behavior ingame or real life.

I would 100% disagree with the bans I was given in game and on postcount.
    Unclear rules on macros and the weapon I was using simply was fun to use.

Get rekt more by Alb Nation
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • I have a question @Carol_Broadsword and @John_Broadsword : I asked awhile ago if the bug with the Band of the Dream Conqueror would be fixed with this patch. I was told that it likely would be. I went through the patch notes and did not see it under the bug/fixes section nor anywhere else in the notes. Is this something that will or will not be addressed in 1.125.

Just as a refresher, the bug I am referring to is that when you use the Dream Conqueror band for the Kings Boon buff, if you change ANY of your bracers (not even the one you used the charge with), the buff drops. Another player even noticed that if you only had the Dream Conqueror band on and nothing in the other wrist slot that when you put a bracer on the empty slot you would still lose the buff.
  • Amp.... That's my be point, Thanes got a boost and a Nerf. Castable CL is a huge class nerf.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Do you assume that every person in Hero's guild/group/zerg are calm, collective, fun loving zergites?

I'm mainly a Hib and I am a calm, collective, fun loving zergite. So in that case it's true!!! :smile:

+1 for the Great Tree :)
    Amp.... That's my be point, Thanes got a boost and a Nerf. Castable CL is a huge class nerf.

I wouldn't say it's huge. It's on a 2.0s cast time, with high dex that's actually ALMOST negligible. It was probably altered that way to 'slightly' reduce the instant burst DPS, especially now that their single target castable DD is being given a large dps increase.
  • Thanks @RonELuvv will follow up on that.

Let's keep this on topic please. We're reading, listening, and keep you updated.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Amp, Thanes don't have high dex.... especially those that didn't go Norse. But dex and Thanes aren't synonymous
  • Hibernia has had 2 STs
    Midgard has it on a popular tank class in chain

Albion before it turned into alb nation (which yes now kicking butt) but has nothing to do with the fact of losing heals in the frontline to drop an ST as a friar. (again nobody is playing staff friar)

Midgard is getting beat down now b/c of the success and growth of ALB NATION. Don't make changes based on who is winning. You need to do it based on what is needed if all things equal.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• edited October 2018 PM
    Tanky wrote: »
    Amp, Thanes don't have high dex.... especially those that didn't go Norse. But dex and Thanes aren't synonymous
    Lithlet would be a better source regarding Thanes. However, if anyone is able to transfer their thanes to Pendragon (preferably those geared to casting and those that aren't primarily geared towards casting) to give feedback on the alterations to chain lightning.

I understand Thanes (among other hybrids) aren't list casters; however, with today's game and stat caps, 2.0 second speed spells should hardly be anything other than slightly noticeable., regardless of class.
    Post edited by Amp_Phetamine on
  • Dyn_Nothgrim
    11:50AM PMFlag
    Will be crafted as 99% or 100% quality (random chance)

Are you serious? 400,000 bps and I might make a 99% item and have to start all over gathering bps.. that is completely unacceptable. It should be 100% only. You already made these ridiculously high to craft and theres a chance to make nonMP items.

THIS!!!

(Ps fix quotes for mobile browsers)

Minstrels getting ST (2) for a really that also has (3) DI classes - The acquisition of ST by minstrils is one of the few questionable implementations that was introduced in the recent patch notes. I forsee that ST may be switched to a different class (Pally(Hybrid), Heretic(Hybrid), Theurgist(CC/Interrupt)

Best class would be Reaver imo but that would be a revamp of the class or it would be super op 1v1 and same would be for Pally. Theurg would put it into the distance perspective likewise with Friar and they already have a defensive rr5 ability that would had to be changed cus they cant have both.
    Left is Tic and second best option is Mini to get the ST on a class in offensive position.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    People shouldnt be harassing other people in the game, its just childish,but when you grp with a person thats known for that cant say Id expect any different.

really? I've been treated this way before i ever supported Nate's BG's... so ye, that's also not right to do that to a person, only because they group with someone else;) I've just been getting more of it now, and there have been witnesses to this;) in the past and present;)

Yes really,like I said its childish and uncalled for, but you hang around with a dog thats got fleas you end up with em sooner or later yourself.

Its not like anyone playing dosent know how Nate has acted, and the reasons hes been banned in game and on postcount.You run with him you are essentially saying you are ok with how he acts and treats people.
    I dont group with people like that because I dont condone that behavior ingame or real life.

That makes absolutely no sense. You're generalizing a certain individuals behavior and associating it with any person he comes into contact with? By that standard, do you assume that everyone in Xyormans guild/group/zerg are hyper competitive men? Do you assume that every person in Hero's guild/group/zerg are calm, collective, fun loving zergites?

So you're essentially assuming that, and albeit you disagree with, Baby being harassed in game, through tells, on forums, etc., is wrong but it's her fault because she groups with a certain individual and it's essentially her fault to begin with...

I dont assume everyone in Xyorman's BG are hyper competitve men,but what I do assume is that everyone in his bg is ok with the way he leads and treats people.Same with Hero, otherwise they wouldnt be there right?

Nate calls opposing realm females names, while yelling I paid good money and post the videos where everyone can see and know how he acts.He makes sexual innuendo comments about the bone to Beibs.You must be ok with this behaviour?

The company you keep usually affects others perception of you, right or wrong thats how it is,and I imagine why Baby is getting more tells of late.
    Post edited by Grish on
    Amp, Thanes don't have high dex.... especially those that didn't go Norse. But dex and Thanes aren't synonymous
    Lithlet would be a better source regarding Thanes. However, if anyone is able to transfer their thanes to Pendragon (preferably those geared to casting and those that aren't primarily geared towards casting) to give feedback on the alterations to chain lightning.

I understand Thanes (among other hybrids) aren't list casters; however, with today's game and stat caps, 2.0 second speed spells should hardly be anything other than slightly noticeable., regardless of class.

Dex is not a primary rising stat. Only race with the most dex possible is a valklyn, but not many of those around due to piss poor constitution and strength. Frostalf has 55 starting dex which is next highest. Reaching the cap on dex isn't possible as is unless BS gave us Kobold race which of course they didn't, go figure.
  • @Carol_Broadsword I briefly messed around with name/gender/race change and every time I do a name change it resets my entire UI. It clears the quickbars and resets everything to default like when you log in for the first time.
  • Grish wrote: »

That makes absolutely no sense. You're generalizing a certain individuals behavior and associating it with any person he comes into contact with? By that standard, do you assume that everyone in Xyormans guild/group/zerg are hyper competitive men? Do you assume that every person in Hero's guild/group/zerg are calm, collective, fun loving zergites?

So you're essentially assuming that, and albeit you disagree with, Baby being harassed in game, through tells, on forums, etc., is wrong but it's her fault because she groups with a certain individual and it's essentially her fault to begin with...

I dont assume everyone in Xyorman's BG are hyper competitve men,but what I do assume is that everyone in his bg is ok with the way he leads and treats people.Same with Hero, otherwise they wouldnt be there right?

Nate calls opposing realm females names, while yelling I paid good money and post the videos where everyone can see and know how he acts.He makes sexual innuendo comments about the bone to Beibs.You must be ok with this behaviour?

The company you keep usually affects others perception of you, right or wrong thats how it is,and I imagine why Baby is getting more tells of late.

This is funny. ALB NATION just did the re-enactment of the XYORMAN root rage video.
    I called them all idiots for not having purge and we had a good time with it :)
    HERORIUS

• Ophidian wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword I briefly messed around with name/gender/race change and every time I do a name change it resets my entire UI. It clears the quickbars and resets everything to default like when you log in for the first time.

That is likely because your UI setup is saved to a local directory that is based on your character's name.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Ophidian wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword I briefly messed around with name/gender/race change and every time I do a name change it resets my entire UI. It clears the quickbars and resets everything to default like when you log in for the first time.

Your toon's quick bars don't copy and are set to your name. Doing a name change creates new quick bars :)
    Oh beaten by Beetle while not paying attention!
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Ah ok, makes sense. Thanks!
  • Ophidian wrote: »

Your toon's quick bars don't copy and are set to your name. Doing a name change creates new quick bars :)

In this case couldn't you just save the .ini and .ign for your char somewhere accessible and then when you change your name just rename the old chars bars to your new chars and replace them? If that works I think that would take no more than a few seconds to do?
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Natebruner wrote: »

This is funny. ALB NATION just did the re-enactment of the XYORMAN root rage video.

Take your meds -- you're rambling....

On topic, however: How does any of this affect the actual RvR issues --- serious question, for the DEVS --- how does any of this reflect your Producers letter to address RvR, you know actually Realm v Realm???? Just curious as it seems the problems the players see and feel have been ignored.

Post edited by Xyorman on
  • Xyorman wrote: »

On topic, however: How does any of this affect the actual RvR issues --- serious question, for the DEVS --- how does any of this reflect your Producers letter to address RvR, you know actually Realm v Realm???? Just curious as it seems the problems the players see and feel have been ignored.

Looks like a really good patch to me. Do you complain about everything?
    They have addressed siege battles with rams, and tweaked classes accordingly.
    HERORIUS

• While being happy for updates, with current BP prices I do not see any improvement for new player / alt friendly experience, with Cursed being same difficulty.

This is likely intended (2-3 week/item comment on note), however active and already temped characters can perform that, a full temp is likely never achieved with BP costs over 1.5mill / temp. Same ridicule as 1000p+ temps, while also extremely non alt-friendly. This system only benefits already settled players, as feared, and encourage them run even less raids then before.

I wonder if @Broadsword ever tried to run around in Epic armor in RvR for 1.5-2 months recently, I assure it's not that fun of an experience. Feels like a missed opportunity for me.

Something must be done with plat inflation, this system likely helps to get one item maybe that's missing for one character out of 16 / Realm.

I still don't get why we want to destroy new characters so bad, RR difference high enough without considering something like a full temp vs epic armor, its a slaughter. Now its official that one characters setup should take around 2-3 months not using GTCs which is highly encouraged. I miss the part of DAoC when you could mess around with more characters, playing what you feel like, or test a characters capability without spending 1000ps on temps first.

At least PvE still fun on Gaheris I guess, I feel sorry for everyone who has to farm on Ywain atm, or 1.125. I am lucky not to be one of them.
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Xyorman wrote: »

The question is to the developers, not you...your thoughts are irrelevant
  • Gavner wrote: »
    I wonder if @Broadsword ever tried to run around in Epic armor in RvR for 1.5-2 months recently, I assure it's not that fun of an experience. Feels like a missed opportunity for me.

None of them is currently playing their own game like we play it...none. They simply don`t know how it feels as a returning player.

So patch is ok, some points should be adjusted, like ST on Minstrels etc.
    But if BS thinks this patch will bring back some 100 players...that isn`t going to happen.
    I also found out that my toon on pendragon has 150 less hits

Does it have the same gear too? Perhaps hafta recopy latest version -- only a guess.

i deleted my toon and did a fresh char copy. Looks like they might have nerfed hit cap
    Heretics AF got boosted

minstrel ST wont make it thru pend. Imagine getting mezzed, stunned then ST'd!
    Heretics AF got boosted

OMG you're right
  • St on reaver or wizard is about the only thing you can really put it on to maybe get them groups better.
  • St on reaver or wizard is about the only thing you can really put it on to maybe get them groups better.

Giving ST to a class that has access to PBAE would be a bit much imo.
  • I also found out that my toon on pendragon has 150 less hits

just checked my ranger. same thing..150 less
  • There’s tons of wizards around. Also since reavers have twf, st isn’t a good option
    Heretics AF got boosted

Sounds like a Mentalist.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
    I also found out that my toon on pendragon has 150 less hits

Does it have the same gear too? Perhaps hafta recopy latest version -- only a guess.

i deleted my toon and did a fresh char copy. Looks like they might have nerfed hit cap

I have noticed things like that -- quite possible

• I also found out that my toon on pendragon has 150 less hits

just checked my ranger. same thing..150 less

Just copied over a character from Ywain to Pendragon and their hits are identical. Nothing was changed with the hits cap either.

Please make sure your character on Pendragon has their starting stats spent! Also, be sure to check your items are all there and equipped. Lastly, check your item stats - it could be that an item on Pendragon is bugged and has the wrong value.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Ophidian wrote: »

In this case couldn't you just save the .ini and .ign for your char somewhere accessible and then when you change your name just rename the old chars bars to your new chars and replace them? If that works I think that would take no more than a few seconds to do?

Yep, that should work fine :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games

None of them is currently playing their own game like we play it...none. They simply don`t know how it feels as a returning player.

But if BS thinks this patch will bring back some 100 players...that isn`t going to happen.

Of course we play, RvR and PvE, and even run around in epic. Just don't tell anyone, they think I'm temp'd!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games

Of course we play, RvR and PvE, and even run around in epic. Just don't tell anyone, they think I'm temp'd!

the problem is you only play alb
  • Multiple times a week I get that thrown at me from every realm, "you only play x realm" - I play all realms, we play all realms.

Please keep the patch feedback coming!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • ST on mini's is the worst idea ever. the idea that they can SoS in with phase shift if needed and then ST a tower captain or keep lord is a joke.
  • Multiple times a week I get that thrown at me from every realm, "you only play x realm" - I play all realms, we play all realms.

Please keep the patch feedback coming!

I accept you play, what I can't accept is the logic train that says these changes make sense or will help RvR given the current state of game -- can we get an answer to the logic thread there?

Xyorman wrote: »

The question is to the developers, not you...your thoughts are irrelevant

Looks like my thoughts were apart of the patch and developers acted upon it :)
    HERORIUS

• @Carol_Broadsword

Don't get me wrong, I think we all happy for a patch to come out finally, and it's a step in the right direction.

However BP costs atm seem to adjust to difficulty of getting them without it. Everyone tried to run around in Epic for a while, but constantly doing it for months is definitely soulbreaking, especially as small man / solo classes. Of course zergs are different topic.

Since we can expect even less raids after this, the difficulty of getting RvR ready will more or less stagnate (you may able to farm 1 with bp, but find even less raids for rest before getting bored).

Updating Kings armor again, or adjusting the 5% HoT, 25% insta, and various too powerful items in game may also help, but we have to keep in mind, with this time passed, most of enemies are already very high RR, so I don't get why we want huge item and rr gap too.

I would still like to see lowered BP costs, RR difference is already rewarding, I would like to see item gap close on new vs old players to make game more new/returning friendly.
  • edited October 2018 PM
    Gavner wrote: »
    While being happy for updates, with current BP prices I do not see any improvement for new player / alt friendly experience, with Cursed being same difficulty.

This is likely intended (2-3 week/item comment on note), however active and already temped characters can perform that, a full temp is likely never achieved with BP costs over 1.5mill / temp. Same ridicule as 1000p+ temps, while also extremely non alt-friendly. This system only benefits already settled players, as feared, and encourage them run even less raids then before.

Something must be done with plat inflation, this system likely helps to get one item maybe that's missing for one character out of 16 / Realm.

I still don't get why we want to destroy new characters so bad, RR difference high enough without considering something like a full temp vs epic armor, its a slaughter. Now its official that one characters setup should take around 2-3 months not using GTCs which is highly encouraged. I miss the part of DAoC when you could mess around with more characters, playing what you feel like, or test a characters capability without spending 1000ps on temps first.

At least PvE still fun on Gaheris I guess, I feel sorry for everyone who has to farm on Ywain atm, or 1.125. I am lucky not to be one of them.

Pretty much this.

@Carol_Broadsword In this https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/966/returning-player-feedback-rant thread it was said by you that broadsword was litening to returning players in shite items, how do you feel your patch reflect that ?
    I know you cant give any concrete plan and make a decisions right here and now on things, but are you listening and finding any of this useful ?

Always listening and finding this thread and feedback very helpful. We do have a few changes planned, I just don't have details as of yet.

Broadsword have basicly taken a huge plat farm and months of searching for cursed groups and the wait for Traveling merchants for new and returning players, then given the new option and the fix to them of wait months while fighting high rr players in stupid strong items compared to what a returning or new player have access to, while at the same time they have taken the best option a returning player have for BP's the Supplies for the cause quest and turned it in to a weekly quest ? im sorry but what the........

Guess my mistake was beliveing in what Broadsword was saying and opening some of my accounts for another 6 months, cause to me this patch clearly shows none have been listening and if they where listening clearly didnt act on any feedback. In 6 months a 17,5 year journey comes to an end if this is how things are ment to be thise days, thanks Broadsword :( Too bad EA dont refund gametime cards.

Another thing i personally find very strange are the following:

Reactive armor-based Heal Procs have had their values reduced across the board as follows:
    120 reduced to 80
    130 reduced to 90
    180 reduced to 120
    200 reduced to 150
    230 reduced to 180

Im all for nerfing heal procs and i totaly agree that the 180 200 and 230 heal procs needed a slap with the nerf bat, but why do you nerf the older lower value procs ? new items already got a ton of myth stat on them and ToA bonuses that makes them better then old gear, if you had not nerfed the old heal procs you would have helped close the gap a little between new items and old gear, that returning players have on while still keeping new items the best.

Personally i think the smartest move would have been to normalize all heal procs at 120 no matter how old or new the gear was, as it would have helped stop the power creep of better stats + better heal procs.

Also why wasnt the 5% HoT procs nerfed and the /use % based heals ? The above is only like fixing 30% of the problem.

Post edited by Vrisslar on
  • edited October 2018 PM
    So Vamps can still spam claw? Vamps are one of the unbalanced classes in Game...same as shamans with stupid-dmg-shield.

But nice to nerf th theuregist...wow...cant belive it. Delete the class now.

And another Necro-Nerf...next class to delete.

And so much crying about the ST on minstrel. I think mids and hibs start crying so long until all alb classes are unplayable.

[removed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • @Vrisslar that's still the case, and in the works, was not aimed to be in 1.125 though, apologies for not being clear on that. I'll see if I can elaborate on more details on this for you in the meantime.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • @Vrisslar that's still the case, and in the works, was not aimed to be in 1.125 though, apologies for not being clear on that. I'll see if I can elaborate on more details on this for you in the meantime.

That sounds nice, thanks, thought it was aimed for 1.125, sorry for the misunderstanding :)
  • Im not a fan of just nerfing every good item in the game. Everyone spent a ton of time templating and doing raids only to nerf everything. Just like ml10 weapons, som cloak. I hate nerfing old daoc items and here we go again. All the 180 heal procs will be lowered to 120 and the 120s to 80. Astrals vests with 10% omnis for over a decade are getting nerfed too. Its bullshit or infernals with there crappy utility now getting a lower heal. Si vests getting a 120.

Stop it!!!!