Is the the new live server comming ?? Wtf happend in BOWTOWN ?

edited September 2021 in General Board
... I have a dream ... when BS Say they will make a new server they do it, is the new server comming??? or have you not found a place for BOWTOWN yet. Maby that is what we are wating for a place Where you instant die if you dont do /bow before a fight.

Gj to BS you always come up with ides that gos aginst what daoc is, the roaming duo the roaming trio all the way up to the roaming 8 man... and there is even room for the zerg.

When i opend 2 accounts yesterday to See what you have don with BOWTOWN I cryed my self to sleep.

What do i want on the server we will never see

DAOC DAOC DAOC DAOC DAOC DAOC DAOC

It is not that hard /Bow is what you use in duels vs your own realm....

The 3 main zones i use to run a duo in is now turend in to /BOWTOWN i have little to no hope the brain behind that have what it takes to 1 make a new server 2 understand what we are all looking for in daoc

@John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword

.... we dont live in north korea dont ban me for asking questions
  1. Am i wrong ?9 votes
    1. Yes we all love BOWTOWN
        0.00%
    2. No we miss DAOC
      100.00%
Post edited by Jusva on

Comments

• edited September 2021 PM
    English doesn't seem like it is your first language, your post is a bit confusing. What's your issue?

Is it that because of the solo towns solo roaming is dead?

Is it that because of solo towns, you can't roll solos with a duo because ppl gang up on you?

Bowtowns are super lame where everybody waits for fights fully stacked and where fights essentially boil down to who will cheese more than the other to win. But at the same time population is so low that solo roaming was essentially a running simulator. Game's just about dead, enjoy it while it lasts.
    Post edited by Shoke on
    75 % debuff getting hit by lighting if you roam in a duo is my issue and all the porting around

... and wating on a server we have talked about for years now
    Post edited by Jusva on
  • Just never a fan of bow town, did it for few months. I played daoc for the open world and to be fair i never did labby but used to wcb duel back in the day

Games become very predictable

Also thing will take another hit when new world comes out in 10 days, Which could possibly have terrible pvp but who knows until we try it.
  • We are still focused on EC and the game as a whole, and continue to be. Things take time and some changes aren't quick changes and require time. An alt server is next year, it's what we have said so please don't listen to rumours and reacted based on rumours, that does no one any good. We'll keep people updated with things as they go.

The Grab Bag quantity was purely down to time of year, thanksgiving and such, and it's not the only way we communicate with these forums, discord, fb, twitter, not to mention ingame constant daily communication with players.

post from 2019 where is that server we keep hearing about

• Are there any plans to bring a classic server back or at least one without ToA?

Yes! Once Endless Conquest has launched we’d like to introduce some alternate ruleset “progression” servers.

The first of those will be a “Classic” + Shrouded Isles + Housing server that will only progress to newer content if its player-base votes to do so.

Depending on how that server goes, we’d love to be able to introduce various other alternative ruleset servers

grab bag from 2019 .... give us an update

@John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword
  • @BackOfRackhams New World looks really bad, i don't see how players liking daoc would enjoy new world, considering we play for pvp/rvr and new world rvr looks just trash. On top that it makes graphic cards explode lol
  • and if all this fails can we get 1000% rp scrolls i can buy with dollers and maby pets that worked well for othere games
  • 78c24nuew39r.png

we miss you good old daoc
  • Yea the revamped solo areas specifically Folley is a giant mess. They extended the borders of all zones, but specifically Folley it extends to basically the river line. 75% debuff if grouped means you will be perma rupted as a healer or caster.

Daoc was founded on RvR and this area runs contrary to the spirit of the game. That said I understand why people like the area so they can perma farm their solo kills for rps. I don't have a problem going in there and farming them to clean them out every now and again. Plenty of other people will go in there and do the same thing.

I think the major issue people have is that EU timezone there will be almost no one out and if you goto Folley they're standing around farming one another. If that area didn't exist they would be roaming in the mazes and around EV looking...

GL
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Yea the revamped solo areas specifically Folley is a giant mess. They extended the borders of all zones, but specifically Folley it extends to basically the river line. 75% debuff if grouped means you will be perma rupted as a healer or caster.

Daoc was founded on RvR and this area runs contrary to the spirit of the game. That said I understand why people like the area so they can perma farm their solo kills for rps. I don't have a problem going in there and farming them to clean them out every now and again. Plenty of other people will go in there and do the same thing.

I think the major issue people have is that EU timezone there will be almost no one out and if you goto Folley they're standing around farming one another. If that area didn't exist they would be roaming in the mazes and around EV looking...

GL

I don't mind it but they should 1) move it to the unused areas of each map so people can't use it as a quick port to attack/defend nearby keeps 2) place boxes somewhere else so duo/small mans can finish the quest without getting debuffed to hell.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • not going to vote, you lost me at I run a duo to rock solos.
  • the dopple quests brought good action--but then the leets didnt like players pveing their realm rank lol...

like bowtown aint pve

again bowtown should be in the lab
  • I dont run a duo to fight solos, i love to Fight all off bowtown and that is what use to happen 2 vs 3 + but now you cant even get close without getting hit by lightning and getting the 75% debuff ... but from what i can see most 8 mans just ungroup clean them out and group up agian. Last time i played the mid hib and alb bowtown had action now all just stand in folly ... / bow .... /bow .... /bow

i am sure they had more fun killing my duo then /bow so why do they need the 75 % debuff and lightning when it is so easy to work around there is no point and it has nothing to do with daoc as meany said LABBY shoud be the place to go if you want to do /bow ... /bow ... /bow

• This is a truly a funny post from the Sorc/Necro that used to run into Trelle... and usually get run right out, because Jusvv flopped on a solo nightshade years ago.

10/10 would read again.
    yes we die alot and have fun doing it why do you need thee debuff and lightning is the question take the free rps

flopped on solo nightshade wtf
    first lone forcer on merlin Humdall
    secound Sharrakor (the necro)
    third THE MIGHTY NS Jusvv

who are you ??? :)
    let me take a wild guss BOWTOWN enforcer nr 999 ??
    Post edited by Jusva on
  • 997*

Do us all a favor and retemplate that nightshade and bring it out~