Classic Server and Ywain's Future

1356

Comments

  • edited March 2020 PM
    The best DAoC ever was... was the original "Classic" servers.
    Just bring those back.

    Gareth/Lamorak/Ector were amazing. Had a little bit of something for everyone.
    Post edited by Jhaerik on
  • Jhaerik wrote: »
    The best DAoC ever was... was the original "Classic" servers.
    Just bring those back.

    Gareth/Lamorak/Ector were amazing. Had a little bit of something for everyone.

    Cata/DR era pre labby classic server had the highest population DAoC has had since ToA. They also didn't look like complete ass and offered ways for people to solo XP. (People have lives these days you know.) Aurulite gears and Task Dungeons were a nice balance between Old School and the BS we have now.
  • I never played classic, but I loved my many years on Guinevere (Midgard).

    As much as I would love the old days back (besides the long grind) with realm pride, the reality is, “You can’t go home again”.

    You gotta move the game forward, not backwards. Classic server is not the solution.
    Da ant family - 1801, 1802, 1805, 1809 - Da fly family - 4501, 4502, 4503, 4509 - Da spider family - 442, 444, 445, 447
    Check out the trophy collection on Ywain 1.
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • Classic may not be the solution but it's not really DAoC without a large number of players smashing into each other across the frontiers.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • asoaso
    edited March 2020 PM
    i would open 3 subs , my brother would open 2, my closer friends would open many of theirs .... MANNNN @John_Broadsword WE ALL WANT A NEW SERVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why u dont understand that :D !!!! We all dont care about money, i would GLADLY pay for a new server.

    Just make a new Vote , like u did few years ago ..... then people can vote for their prefer-server type
    Post edited by aso on
  • Not really i dont want a classic server .
  • Well to date we have said any alt server would be sub only.

    Carol, when the money starts rolling from this new promised classic server, you guys be kicking yourself you didn't do it years earlier. 3-4 k people will want to play and you will have to expand the Q
  • edited March 2020 PM
    It will be YUGE!!
    Post edited by The_Classic_Dude on
  • Huge for two months. Then the nostalgia wears off.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • As lng as they don't do a si + housing server and have something unique that server should have good pop.

    I wonder who would pay for something you can get for free.
  • At this point I'm unsure how anyone could play in slow motion aka without all extra caps and toas. Than add in the fact that a fresh server is only fresh for month than same ppl stomping your **** here will be ranked and doing it there.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

    Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Boduke wrote: »
    At this point I'm unsure how anyone could play in slow motion aka without all extra caps and toas. Than add in the fact that a fresh server is only fresh for month than same ppl stomping your **** here will be ranked and doing it there.

    People tend to forget how extensive the gear creep and /use stockpile is in todays current game. While there will always be better players, the ceiling will be limited with what they can do as well in a classic server. Complain about slow cast times? They will have the same cast times etc etc.

    Everybody worried about the best players continuing to be the best is irrelevant and a bad arguement for why there shouldn't be a new server. "pls dont make new server i will get owned there too" mentality. The best players are the best now, and they will likely be the best on a new server. Doesn't mean you can't kill them or they shouldn't do a new server because of it.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • one realm per account and i am game for anything lol
  • Classic Server? OK. Original game, no expansions, as a choice for EC only. See how that plays. Oh yes, and all characters start new. No /played allowed.
  • Classic is a waste of time
  • When and if BS starts new classic daoc server, there with be 3-4 k in Que. BS bank acct. will be in the black for first time since they took over daoc, so many years back. Happy days! Can't come fast enough.
  • I would be back with 4 accounts if a classic + SI + housing server was opened.

    I know of 12 more people that would return to DAoC for that server with 20 ± 3 accounts between them. Between the 13 of us it would be 21-27 accounts monthly subscriptions for Broadsword.

    I don't think there are any free to play server that offers classic + SI + housing with the option of playing more than one account, so in that regard a official server would offer something unique.

    There would have to be roughly double the amount of active players to generate the same income if multiple accounts isn't allowed.

    I think BS should start a survey as soon as the 1.127 patch has launched to find out how many are interested in a new server and what the majority wants from that server. They should probably add the question if multiple accounts should be allowed on this server and see how many would like that, would not like that and who doesn't care, and take in account that the ones that do want it will generate roughly twice the income than those that don't want it will.
  • edited March 2020 PM
    I personally like the one account restriction. Buff bots are nice but everyone will need one to compete on a classic ruleset. Best thing to do is add Supremacy potions and put a range on Concentration buffs. Keeps the RvR field fair but allows for convenient PvE.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    I personally like the one account restriction. Buff bots are nice but everyone will need one to compete on a classic ruleset. Best thing to do is add Supremacy potions and put a range on Concentration buffs. Keeps the RvR field fair but allows for convenient PvE.

    No Restrictions. I want DAOC RAW and Naked Like when first came out in 01' I'm cool with SI for content. And Housing is a must. I'm dead set against and alch or SC. Make people group up to get Epic armor like in the old days. Make some good epic gear in quests and have dragon/DF gear and weapons to add some intrigue and spice. I'm, all for realm merchant buff for solo's. Yellow con is fine. But must have access to a 2nd acct. so we can have red buffs like when first came out. If they do this 5000 radius Bull Crap like the other failed servers, Server WILL DIE and I will not support and play.
  • I offer 30 accounts for a ToA server...maybe more.

    Ok seriously, this is maybe a good idea:
    Jorma wrote: »
    I think BS should start a survey as soon as the 1.127 patch has launched to find out how many are interested in a new server and what the majority wants from that server.

  • edited March 2020 PM
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Huge for two months. Then the nostalgia wears off.

    One year on and there's another server with twice the population of Ywain (and that's just doing /who ... not including all the people on Ywain with 2+ accounts). And you know what's more impressive? It's actually attracting new players - which you can tell because of the large number of players asking basic questions re. game mechanics in /advice.

    You can't say it's because of nostalgia (the server went NF, etc.). It's just a well-run server that is accessible, with devs who actually engage with the community. Unfortunately these basic things seem to be beyond Broadsword. Who bets this post will get deleted?
    Post edited by Esel on
  • @Esel that's the point. Let's say you wentnto see investors and said "hey guys, I have this amazing product idea. It already exists and it's free, but we'll charge 15$ per month for users tongrt exactly the same experience, it's going to be awesome".

    Yeah, I'm sure that sales pitch is gonna fly.
  • Esel wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Huge for two months. Then the nostalgia wears off.

    One year on and there's another server with twice the population of Ywain (and that's just doing /who ... not including all the people on Ywain with 2+ accounts). And you know what's more impressive? It's actually attracting new players - which you can tell because of the large number of players asking basic questions re. game mechanics in /advice.

    You can't say it's because of nostalgia (the server went NF, etc.). It's just a well-run server that is accessible, with devs who actually engage with the community. Unfortunately these basic things seem to be beyond Broadsword. Who bets this post will get deleted?

    I'm well aware of it. That's my point as Shoke stated. Why make a server that's already available for free? The only bonus BS will offer is having to PAY for multiple accounts. I'm not sure why people are itching to play classic with multi accounts. Buff bots are a design flaw of DAoC AND an unintended side effect of the buff system. It could easily be fixed but then it wOuLdN't bE cLaSsIc. Nostalgia is the only reason for ANOTHER classic server.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • KoeKoe
    edited March 2020 PM
    AlaskaMike wrote: »
    That's the point though. Can't expect casuals and new players to organize their own raids. Raids happen more often when everyone needs to complete them. Gotta reset items to zero too. But now it becomes an instant 50 server every so often. Now there's no one to group with for new players/casuals.

    Reset everything each season, that's the only way to do it.

    I wonder what portion of the playerbase actually likes raiding, like, "I hope there's a raid today, doesn't matter what".

    50% albs 5% mids/hibs?

    Maybe this is skewed because I've been around a while, but running around in the playground is pretty much the only thing I really enjoy doing as I can start and stop when I want. Raids are tough because you have to be on when they start and not have to leave before they finish, and you get.... items/gold. However Raids are probably one of the best things for building realm loyalty/community. So, on a new server I'd be down for sure because we'd all need loot, but here it's tough to make it attractive.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Esel wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Huge for two months. Then the nostalgia wears off.

    One year on and there's another server with twice the population of Ywain (and that's just doing /who ... not including all the people on Ywain with 2+ accounts). And you know what's more impressive? It's actually attracting new players - which you can tell because of the large number of players asking basic questions re. game mechanics in /advice.

    You can't say it's because of nostalgia (the server went NF, etc.). It's just a well-run server that is accessible, with devs who actually engage with the community. Unfortunately these basic things seem to be beyond Broadsword. Who bets this post will get deleted?

    I'm well aware of it. That's my point as Shoke stated. Why make a server that's already available for free? The only bonus BS will offer is having to PAY for multiple accounts. I'm not sure why people are itching to play classic with multi accounts. Buff bots are a design flaw of DAoC AND an unintended side effect of the buff system. It could easily be fixed but then it wOuLdN't bE cLaSsIc. Nostalgia is the only reason for ANOTHER classic server.

    Bull Pucky ! Wrong, Buffs are a intrinsic part of the game. Anyone that would say or think different, should STFA!
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Esel wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Huge for two months. Then the nostalgia wears off.

    One year on and there's another server with twice the population of Ywain (and that's just doing /who ... not including all the people on Ywain with 2+ accounts). And you know what's more impressive? It's actually attracting new players - which you can tell because of the large number of players asking basic questions re. game mechanics in /advice.

    You can't say it's because of nostalgia (the server went NF, etc.). It's just a well-run server that is accessible, with devs who actually engage with the community. Unfortunately these basic things seem to be beyond Broadsword. Who bets this post will get deleted?

    I'm well aware of it. That's my point as Shoke stated. Why make a server that's already available for free? The only bonus BS will offer is having to PAY for multiple accounts. I'm not sure why people are itching to play classic with multi accounts. Buff bots are a design flaw of DAoC AND an unintended side effect of the buff system. It could easily be fixed but then it wOuLdN't bE cLaSsIc. Nostalgia is the only reason for ANOTHER classic server.

    Bull Pucky ! Wrong, Buffs are a intrinsic part of the game. Anyone that would say or think different, should STFA!

    You've convinced me you're trolling. I can respect that. ;)
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Well to date we have said any alt server would be sub only.

    No problem.
    For a real classic-server, without the TOA and following BS, i will be happy to pay.

    Mahv
  • Xalara wrote: »
    @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword

    I am a returning player checking out EC for the first time. I have played DAoC extensively from EU launch in 2002 up until the release of ToA [edited].

    While of course a classic server is appealing to some people because of Nostalgia, it also genuinely is a better experience than what DAoC is right now on Ywain, for a lot of people.

    If you do a true classic DAoC Server with SI+Housing+OF ruleset, no "fancy" stuff but stick to the original game and add QoL features that do not alter the original, authentic DAoC experience plus add some kind of "seasonal" feature with a reset every 6 or 12 month, I guarantee that you will have a server with 3000+ active players during primetime.

    [edited]

    Seasonal rollback is BS.. everything else agreed..

    Mahv
  • Can't decide if I'm subbing 2,3 or 4 accounts myself for the new server.

    If they make it strictly 1 accounts, I'm out. Theres a reason I don't play "things that cannot be named" even if it's free. I want to do what I want with my time, and it's not playing a single toon in daoc pve.
  • There is no logical reason why BS wouldn't let people multi-box. They can adjust the buffing so that buffbots aren't possible in RvR though to even out the playing field.

    But again, people saying "I will sub 17 accounts if it is classic" make me laugh. There are classic options and the only reason why they won't play is cause they can't sub more than 1 account, while it's free? Come on.


    New server can be good if it offers something unique and compelling.

    I still think a total revamp of the frontier mixing the good and bad from OF and NF would be a huge selling feature.

    ToA or no ToA, I personally like ToA, but for every ability you put in, someone gets left out. So there is a nice little balance to strive for.
  • What I'm gathering from all the players pushing for a classic DAoC server is the desire to multi-box. Not much of an MMO if you need multiple accounts to play it, imo. BS may as well give in at this point since that's really the only appeal they have. Bring back the macro teams in RvR! ezdubs
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • asoaso
    edited March 2020 PM
    Quote: Can't decide if I'm subbing 2,3 or 4 accounts myself for the new server.

    If they make it strictly 1 accounts, I'm out. Theres a reason I don't play "things that cannot be named" even if it's free. I want to do what I want with my time, and it's not playing a single toon in daoc pve.


    Halleluja !!!!!!!!! Agree 100%
    Post edited by aso on
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    Can't decide if I'm subbing 2,3 or 4 accounts myself for the new server.

    If they make it strictly 1 accounts, I'm out. Theres a reason I don't play "things that cannot be named" even if it's free. I want to do what I want with my time, and it's not playing a single toon in daoc pve.

    The upside is huge. I'm with you 2 accts. min. But they will probably F it up like the other 2 servers that failed. imho
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    What I'm gathering from all the players pushing for a classic DAoC server is the desire to multi-box. Not much of an MMO if you need multiple accounts to play it, imo. BS may as well give in at this point since that's really the only appeal they have. Bring back the macro teams in RvR! ezdubs

    There always has to be a Debbie downer in the group. You should just leave this discussion. This thread for classic daoc not " The View"
  • I'd honestly prefer a non classic server. But I don't care as long as it's seasonal and changes every reset.

    Only way to appease everyone (almost), is to change it up, keep the game fresh. People begging for classic? Give em classic for that 8 month (or whatever) period. Then the people that want to can have their chance. Then mordred. Then the "everyone is a giant bunny" server for Siambra's followers. Then on and on. Each change based upon voting results fro subscribed players.
  • Mahvash wrote: »
    Xalara wrote: »
    @John_Broadsword @Carol_Broadsword

    I am a returning player checking out EC for the first time. I have played DAoC extensively from EU launch in 2002 up until the release of ToA [edited].

    While of course a classic server is appealing to some people because of Nostalgia, it also genuinely is a better experience than what DAoC is right now on Ywain, for a lot of people.

    If you do a true classic DAoC Server with SI+Housing+OF ruleset, no "fancy" stuff but stick to the original game and add QoL features that do not alter the original, authentic DAoC experience plus add some kind of "seasonal" feature with a reset every 6 or 12 month, I guarantee that you will have a server with 3000+ active players during primetime.

    [edited]

    Seasonal rollback is BS.. everything else agreed..

    Mahv

    Several points I'd like to comment on,

    1. "If you do a true classic DAoC Server with SI+Housing+OF ruleset, no "fancy" stuff but stick to the original game and add QoL features that do not alter the original, authentic DAoC experience plus add some kind of "seasonal" feature with a reset every 6 or 12 month, I guarantee that you will have a server with 3000+ active players during primetime. "

    I agree mostly. Before EA took over BattleTech 3025 (and subsequently shut it down the next month to use the engine to pump out a new game for the Xbox), BT3025 was having a reset every 60-90 days. This allowed for newer players to come in at any time, get caught up on what they needed to know to compete, then when reset happened, they were on equal footing with the experienced veterans.
    Something like this here does have the potential to work.
    Perhaps a planned rollback of RP's only, once a year just might be the thing that makes this work. Would be a good compromise without punishing the veteran players concerning their built up wealth and resources - they won't have to reinvest their time for that, while allowing new players to get on mostly equal footing where it concerns pvp.

    2. As far as those who keep referring to the unnamed free server (that hardly anyone wants to play on anymore) who keep alluring to some kind of misnomer that no one wants to play on it due to it's 1 account restriction need to get a clue. That's not the reason why over 60,000 players have decided to not play on it anymore.

    All one has to do is to go through that site's message board and they will eventually come to understand that the main 2 reasons why all those player have quit playing there was due to
    A. The strict adherence to hard core classic without QOL's.
    B. The way the players were treated by staff concerning the previous reason.

    Incidentally, although a little too late, staff there did finally implement some of the QOL's that the players wanted. But doing so near 2 years into it and only after losing over 99% of it's population. THAT's the reason why it is failing.

    I don't want to talk about all that drama that went on with that unnamed project here, but I do want to help set that record straight about the false narrative that some folks here are putting out by attempting to make others believe we will be restricted to 1 account with a Classic + SI server produced by Broadsword.

    Truth is folks, B.S. already knows this would not be a good business strategy to restrict us to just 1 account as it is all about the $$$.
    One of the things we have been able to get from BS about the Classic + SI ruleset (or "alternate server") is that they have said that the EC accounts will not have access to it.
    In other words, BS wants paying customers on that server!

    3. I'm all for restricting accounts to 1 realm per account as it was in the days of old. This isn't WoW where having multiple toons on the 2 different sides of the server is ok and it doesn't affect the end game. In DAoC, that kind of access does affect end game as it encourages and enables cross-realming and RP farming, which DOES affect DAoC end game.
    Someone wants to have access to multiple realms? - well, not much we can do to stop them from rolling up additional accounts and paying additional $$$. How do you think the RP farmers back in the day were getting caught? A lot of us today have backgrounds in the IT field and we already know this. Those RP farmers were usually caught quite quickly, dealt with harshly, and made examples out of. So what if Broadsword had to lose out on a monthly payment from RP farming cheaters here and there. Those folks who engaged in that type of behavior were basically not even a drop in the bucket of the income that BS saw and were huge detriment to the DAoC community. Simple as that. No different than kicking a bad behaving customer out of your fast food business who was causing the other customers in your restaurant to complain about the undo stress they were having to endure.

    But you see, that's the difference between a pay to play server and a free server. That would be a big price to pay just to have access to another realm at the same time - even for a brief period of time (assuming no RP farming or cross-realming happened during this time).
    The vast majority of folks who would pay the extra $$$ would choose to have a buffing account than to have a separate realm account for their own selfish gains (and yes, I said selfish, why else run multiple accounts for multiple realms and don't play dumb with this, we all know the truth) The cost of $$$ coming out of your pockets is the 1 biggest sure-fire filter of keeping and maintaining the integrity of realm pride for a pay to play server.
    I'm sure BS can come up with ways to help lock down multiple accounts from accessing the same server from similar IP addresses. Hell, if that other unnamed server referred to earlier was able to monitor for multiple accounts from similar IP addresses, then it won't be a problem for BS to do the same. After all BS employees are being paid for their special kind of professional expertise!

    4. Frontiers: Old Frontiers vrs. New Frontiers argument. Personally I don't care either way. Perhaps have NF as the primary while having OF as a "Battleground"? I dunno, just thinking here, but to draw folks into both then to make sure that NF has the higher population of RvR, make the relics in OF only half of the values they used to have while making NF keeps have no bearing on DF ownership? Like I said, just coming up with different ideas here, feel free to brainstorm and expound upon this.





    "And that's the Bottom line. Cause Stone Cold Griff said so!".
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I never played classic, but I loved my many years on Guinevere (Midgard).

    As much as I would love the old days back (besides the long grind) with realm pride, the reality is, “You can’t go home again”.

    You gotta move the game forward, not backwards. Classic server is not the solution.

    Here you are clearly wrong.
    Classic is the ONLY solution.

    Mahv
  • aso wrote: »
    i would open 3 subs , my brother would open 2, my closer friends would open many of theirs .... MANNNN @John_Broadsword WE ALL WANT A NEW SERVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why u dont understand that :D !!!! We all dont care about money, i would GLADLY pay for a new server.

    Just make a new Vote , like u did few years ago ..... then people can vote for their prefer-server type

    Agreed 100%
    Happy to pay for Classic.
    Will never pay for the Live-BS.

    Mahv
  • Mahvash wrote: »
    Will never pay for the Live-BS.

    Mahv

    If you are posting here, you ARE currently paying for an account. ;)

    Da ant family - 1801, 1802, 1805, 1809 - Da fly family - 4501, 4502, 4503, 4509 - Da spider family - 442, 444, 445, 447
    Check out the trophy collection on Ywain 1.
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • 2. As far as those who keep referring to the unnamed free server (that hardly anyone wants to play on anymore) who keep alluring to some kind of misnomer that no one wants to play on it due to it's 1 account restriction need to get a clue. That's not the reason why over 60,000 players have decided to not play on it anymore.

    All one has to do is to go through that site's message board and they will eventually come to understand that the main 2 reasons why all those player have quit playing there was due to
    A. The strict adherence to hard core classic without QOL's.
    B. The way the players were treated by staff concerning the previous reason.

    Incidentally, although a little too late, staff there did finally implement some of the QOL's that the players wanted. But doing so near 2 years into it and only after losing over 99% of it's population. THAT's the reason why it is failing.

    This is only true for one of "those servers".

    Regarding the rest of your post, the ONLY appeal Broadsword has for releasing a classic + SI + housing server is multi-boxing. This may be enough for some players (and those who are banned elsewhere) but certainly isn't for me. A seasonal server would be a better approach, imo. Whether that's cycling through old patches (bland) or making custom rulesets (interesting). Either way it's going to require a large amount of development time unless they copy + paste an old patch era without any added QoL. The dragon patch era (1.9X) was my favorite time period.

    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Mahvash wrote: »
    Will never pay for the Live-BS.

    Mahv

    If you are posting here, you ARE currently paying for an account. ;)

    I believe i would know about that :)

    Mahv
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    If you are posting here, you ARE currently paying for an account. ;)

    Incorrect. EC accounts are allowed to post on these forums. I haven't paid for a subscription since December.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/


  • A seasonal server would be a better approach, imo. Whether that's cycling through old patches (bland) or making custom rulesets (interesting). Either way it's going to require a large amount of development time unless they copy + paste an old patch era without any added QoL. The dragon patch era (1.9X) was my favorite time period.

    [/quote]

    Will also never pay if that Seasonal-BS will swoop in.

    Like i said in another post. The gap between normal gear and abilities and top-tier gear and abilites must be as small as possible.
    For example the WOW-Classic-Story.

    I started immediately there when they opened the new servers.
    And i quit immediately when they announced the recent Raids and content-patch.

    It was veeeeeery nice to play until now but Blizzard didnt learn the lesson... and they will pay for that... again.
    With the new Raids and content-patches the gap between Raid and non-raid gear is that huge that every non-raider is just food.... and therefore will quit the game.

    Mahv
  • Badgor wrote: »
    Keltorius wrote: »
    I’d like a Classic/SI server again but with better leveling than the old days. No one wants to take months to hit 50 again. Make some changes to crafting so items would have different types of bonuses to them and make it worthwhile again.

    No ToA!! It led to the first exodus and would likely do the same again with it’s “haves” versus “not have” dilemma.

    But, to each their own I suppose.

    Toa didn't lead to a exodus when they brought toa out there subscription base went up. Watch a death of a game daoc great video.

    TOA definately was the deathblow to DAOC.
    Myself and many many others i know quit because of TOA.
    But there were also many new players which wanted to see the new areas...

    So DAOC died because of 2 reasons...
    1. The old and most reliable playerbase quit because of the TOA-BS.
    2. The players which just wanted to have a look quit because they were done with the game.

    Leasson:
  • Mahvash wrote: »
    Badgor wrote: »
    Keltorius wrote: »
    I’d like a Classic/SI server again but with better leveling than the old days. No one wants to take months to hit 50 again. Make some changes to crafting so items would have different types of bonuses to them and make it worthwhile again.

    No ToA!! It led to the first exodus and would likely do the same again with it’s “haves” versus “not have” dilemma.

    But, to each their own I suppose.

    Toa didn't lead to a exodus when they brought toa out there subscription base went up. Watch a death of a game daoc great video.

    TOA definately was the deathblow to DAOC.
    Myself and many many others i know quit because of TOA.
    But there were also many new players which wanted to see the new areas...

    So DAOC died because of 2 reasons...
    1. The old and most reliable playerbase quit because of the TOA-BS.
    2. The players which just wanted to have a look quit because they were done with the game.

    Leasson:

    Lesson: Dont piss off the Enthusiasts. They will keep your game alive.

    Mahv
  • Best way for BS to gather how many people want which content is to make surveys...
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Best way for BS to gather how many people want which content is to make surveys...

    Except they do not release the result of said polls or surveys, they simply tell us which direction theyre going.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Mahvash wrote: »
    Badgor wrote: »
    Keltorius wrote: »
    I’d like a Classic/SI server again but with better leveling than the old days. No one wants to take months to hit 50 again. Make some changes to crafting so items would have different types of bonuses to them and make it worthwhile again.

    No ToA!! It led to the first exodus and would likely do the same again with it’s “haves” versus “not have” dilemma.

    But, to each their own I suppose.

    Toa didn't lead to a exodus when they brought toa out there subscription base went up. Watch a death of a game daoc great video.

    TOA definately was the deathblow to DAOC.
    Myself and many many others i know quit because of TOA.
    But there were also many new players which wanted to see the new areas...

    So DAOC died because of 2 reasons...
    1. The old and most reliable playerbase quit because of the TOA-BS.
    2. The players which just wanted to have a look quit because they were done with the game.

    Leasson:

    It was WoW that killed DAOC. I hate to admit it, because I think that game is garbage, but it's true.
  • ToA was amazing but implemented poorly
  • I have no desire to play classic. All they need to do is release the patch that was right before BS started making game breaking changes. I don't remember what the exact number that was. But, game was pretty balanced at that point.
Sign In or Register to comment.