Massive Lags

Hi,

EU-Players have massive lags and ld's again....like it was before round about 7-8 month ago. The officail website is very slow too. All other games and all other tested US-Webpages are normaly fast and ther are no problems. Only again with DAOC and Broadswords website.

Pls fix that now...it is not funny to play with this lags and disconnects!

I know that EU-Players are not important...but we also pay every month for playing this game.

Tagged:

Comments

• Its unplayable after 5 p.m. before its good / ok.
    All other websites, online games, streams, YT etc. are as fast as they used to be.

Please have a look at it, it can only happens at the connection to US/Broadsword/Amazon Servers.

I expect to play without massive handicap before the weekend.

Thank you in advance
    TC
  • Strolch wrote: »
    I know that EU-Players are not important...but we also pay every month for playing this game.

EU players are very important! I also agree with you about lags (stateside as well) the last few days.

• I guess you guys never had the luxury of playing on dial up. Oof those were some laggy days.
  • I remember it taking 30 mins to clear the entrance of Camelot because when I finally zoned in, I'd be confused of the orientation and instead of going into the city I would zone back out for a another 7 min load.
  • Confusing why our EU brothers and sisters can’t get an answer or at least a solid timeline to acknowledge what’s going down.
  • The majority of reports we've had have centered around a German ISP having an issue - reports from one German ISP had no issues with lag, while another did. This is outside of our control.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • aparantly using a vpn makes the game playable for Deutsch Telecom users. so i would advise those people to look for a free month trial on a vpn service to solve the problem for the time being.,
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • The majority of reports we've had have centered around a German ISP having an issue - reports from one German ISP had no issues with lag, while another did. This is outside of our control.

First of all: Telekom is the biggest ISP we have here in germany. And ONLY Broadsword-Servers are so bad with Telekom-Connections. Not only the game: Your website and forum are terrible slow here in Germany too....all other US-Websites are really fast....only Broadsword is the Problem! THIS IS NOT outside of your control!
    The majority of reports we've had have centered around a German ISP having an issue - reports from one German ISP had no issues with lag, while another did. This is outside of our control.

First of all: Telekom is the biggest ISP we have here in germany. And ONLY Broadsword-Servers are so bad with Telekom-Connections. Not only the game: Your website and forum are terrible slow here in Germany too....all other US-Websites are really fast....only Broadsword is the Problem! THIS IS NOT outside of your control!

no, this is not something BS can fix, it's a routing problem due to Deutch Telekom routing over a certain very unstable point in the US. the rest of the world doesn't have the issue, so therefore it's not something on BS's side.

use a VPN (get a free trial on one) to re-rout your traffic to avoid that problematic point in your connection is the best advice i can give.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Hi Muyslaf!
    Why are alle Connections to other US-Web-Sites very fast and there are NO problems....and only the Broadsword-Servers are so slow for german Telekom? And thx for the tip with the VPN: i have that since 10 Days now and it works fine. But it should work without that....every 6 Month (most if patches are near!) the german community have this lag-problems :(
    Hi Muyslaf!
    Why are alle Connections to other US-Web-Sites very fast and there are NO problems....and only the Broadsword-Servers are so slow for german Telekom? And thx for the tip with the VPN: i have that since 10 Days now and it works fine. But it should work without that....every 6 Month (most if patches are near!) the german community have this lag-problems :(

uhm, let me try to explain routing as simply as i can by making an analogy. imagine driving from berlin to stuttgard... you would probably drive via leipzig, bayreuth, nuremberg ... now imagine that there is a huge traffic queue at nuremberg ... in that case, driving a different route to stuttgard, while on paper a longer distance driven, might get you there faster in the end. so if you first drove to magdeburg and then erfurt, schweinfurt, stuttgard, your trip would in theory be longer, but you avoid the queue in nuremberg ... this is prety much what a vpn does for this purpose, it manually sets the start of the journey to magdeburg and then will continue to the destination via a different route, avoiding the problematic part of the voyage.