Freexfer Not eligible?

Hail and well met, all,

The following is probably more of an Admin/Dev/Mod question than a community one I'm guessing.

So, I found my "missing" Mids on Ywain 8. I want to move them to Gaheris, (which is where I had thought they were actually).

However, when I type /freexfer, I get a message that the character is not eligible for transfer.

Is /freexfer no longer a "thing?"

Is there now way to move my various Mids from Ywain 8 to Gaheris?

Thanks for your time and help.

Take care,
Rokal
Tagged:

Comments

• SymSym
    edited July 2018 PM
    Cannot move to gaheris. You want to play on PvE server? It’s population total is less than 50 people...transfer is only from old servers TO Ywain
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited July 2018 PM
    Bummer.

Thank you for answering.

Can't stand PvP/RvR... never had good experiences with it in any game... so yes I wanted to move them to Gaheris.

I had started on Gaheris the day it went live way back when.

Not that I'd want to, but can you not transfer between Ywain servers?

Just typing /freexfer resulted in a message saying character not eligible for transfer... I didn't even type /freexfer Gaheris... just /freexfer.

Take care,
    Rokal
    Post edited by Rokal on
  • It’s /chartransfer I think
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Ah thank you, will try that tonight out of curiosity since I can't transfer to Gaheris anyway.

One Ywain is probably just as bad, (for me and what I like I mean), as another.

Official site says /freexfer though. If you're right it should be updated.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/free-character-transfer-instructions-and-faq

• All the Ywain are one server clustered into 10 housing zones. That’s it. If you like PvE, we need more people to lead OW and cursed raids for sure.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • You can't transfer between Ywains. The transfer is from the archived servers, including Mordred, to one of the Ywain servers :)

The command is /freexfer, though. /charcopy is to copy your toon to the Pendragon test server.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Ohhhhhh... so that's why it said not eligible... because I'm already at the only place I can be, lol.

Darn, means I have to start those two over again... and I suspect getting crafted/spell crafted stuff is almost impossible.

Oh well, it is what it is.

As for leading raids...

Not sure what OW means... so right there tells you that I'm not qualified, lol.

I've never been in any raid in any game in 20 years of MMO play.

I'm far too casual a player, and frankly don't care, or try, to be good enough to be in a raid, let alone lead one.

I'm admittedly simply not a good enough player to be on a raid force.

I rarely "inflict" myself on groups, lol.

I love to explore a world, another reason I choose Gaheris... I have the whole world to explore, enjoy the lore, and see what's over that next hill... which tends to turn me into a bloody smear on the hillside :smiley:

I pick races, gear and spells/ skills based on looks and animations, (as long as I can still kill without being killed), not on how effective they are. This often leads to a subpar character who is fine to solo and explore, but not to be on a raid, or even regular group.

Thanks for the info.

Take care,
    Rokal
  • Leveling is very very fast now and people that can SC and Craft armor are all over the place. I wouldn't suggest leading a raid blind, but people that run them are normally helpful to new/returning players.

You can easily explore all 3 realms and make/play characters from every realm on Ywain. The only difference is you can't create groups with characters from all 3 realms like you can on Gaheris. Another big difference is... people actually play on Ywain, you might be the only person on the server if you try to play Gaheris.

You sound like you're being to hard on yourself. Join up in a decent guild most people will be very helpful if you have questions. It's going to be hard to get caught up on all the stuff that has been added if you don't ask questions or group with other people.

Also. Try some RvR.. it's by far the best part of DAoC.
    Tral
  • Wow... really? I can take an Alb and freely explore, and do quests from, other realms?

Definitely see the low pop on Gaheris... in 2 weeks I've only seen 3 other real ppl, and /who all returned 27 at most, lol.

I dunno bout trying RvR. Back in the day Mythic eventually did the best thing ever... they made everyone "con" even because of the rampant griefing.

Also the boards were FLOODED with this class is OP, that guy/gal is using a hack cause they killed me.

Seems EVERYONE was the world's best PvPer, and could only lose due to opponent being OP class or cheating... because how else could they possibly lose?

Griefing and constantly whining about X class being OP or soandso "HAXXORING" were the norm and totally turned me off.

Maybe things are different now and I'm certainly willing to try... but when one makes a Saracen Slash Merc, or a Kobold Skald... they tend to get a lot of flack... and turn into RR point generators, lol :wink:

Can't hurt to try I suppose.

Thanks so much.

Take care,
    Rokal
  • RvR is full of full groups of stealthers ganking soloers. As a new player you have 2 choices.

1. Solo on a stealther
    2. Zerg RvR on a visible

Natebruner runs the Alb Zerg US prime. There is no alb Zerg EU prime.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Sym wrote: »
    RvR is full of full groups of stealthers ganking soloers. As a new player you have 2 choices.

1. Solo on a stealther
    2. Zerg RvR on a visible

Natebruner runs the Alb Zerg US prime. There is no alb Zerg EU prime.

3. Avoid RvR like the plague as I did before Gaheris existed, lol.

I'll try Ywain for the increased population and just enjoy my PvE.

Maybe I can make plat by charging folks to farm me for RR, lol.

Thanks again.

Take care,
    Rokal
  • SymSym
    edited July 2018 PM
    You can make a lot of plat by selling items on your housing merchants. Honestly if you wanted to do throw back old school encounters, such as ToA MLs, afanc, megalodon and such, you could probably get some people interested in the nostalgia if you post on here in advance.

I think it would be fun to do stuff like ML3 or ML10 just for fun again. And you only need a group
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • I didn’t even know gaheris still existed