Balance in game who decides a question to broadsword

So I’m curious how does broadsword decide how the game is balanced for 8 or small do they base It in on feed back from patars and xuuu and gavni or do they have a team at broadsword working full time on it.
Is carol involved as she plays exclusively with the patar xuu group and is she seen along with gavni as the main boots on the ground giving feedback how do the devs make up there mind .
Who decides on the cheating policy in the game is that also tied up with the same people or does broadsword listen to a broad cross section of the populace.
Where does broadsword stand on the abuse of discord and the way that it’s being actively used to cross realm and locate enemy players.
Where does broadsword stand on the use of scripting effectively turning groups into 1 button robot groups im thinking that because carol runs with the main groups that run the robot 1 button groups I’m guessing it’s viewed as legit but I’d really like to hear from broadsword why it’s acceptable here and not on the free shards.
Where do decisions on Zerg play and keep sieges come from do you have people who actively play in zergs and keep sieges or do you get feedback from Shelagh who runs with the hero Zerg.
Would be nice to Know the process purely to get some transparency and some idea of why you make your decisions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Seems like you have a lot of beef because Carol occasionally runs with the better groups. She also runs with the zergs so she gets input from them. Don't be jealous because she gets invited to better groups and you're stuck in your hole of wanting to face smash your keyboard for wins
  • Also, they don't need to give reasons behind why they make decisions
  • While I would love for Broadsword to be transparent about their decisions, it's simply something they don't do nor are they obligated to. They've been running the show now for over 6 years and it largely consists of the old Mythic team. It's a dead horse. Just like talking about population or a classic server. They're going to do whatever they want. That should be clear by now.

Also, not sure how the better groups are cheating. They're just better than the majority of the remaining player base. Outside of Yama (Tom) removing trees / water, I haven't seen them do anything questionable. It's actually comical to listen to people complain about them yet no one tries to interrupt or hard lock them. It'll be 2021 soon and the population that remains is still as naive as ever.
  • yep--just another year to get older--on my sorc im still getting out rupted by the bard insta--ani root and thane hammers lol----
    was wondering--is there a program or addon that targets, besides last and nearest enemy ??
  • Wow some simple question no agenda and a lot of defensive but hurt very amusing this could develop into a very amusing thread
  • Not complaining about any groups boys calm down I’m just asking about balance and the criteria for achieving why are you all so upset Just questions my little bot players just questions ain’t had no answers yet just a lot of whines about me accusing people of I really don’t know what very strange instant hostility instant reaction yet no answers yet hmm this could be very entertaining.
  • Never once did I accuse any group of cheating just simple questions my little bot buddies calm down
  • edited December 2020 PM
    As for carol running with one group all the time don’t you think there might be a tiny tiny tiny little bit of a Conflict of interest just a thought
    Post edited by Brut on
  • Not sure what you were trying to accomplish with this passive-aggressive thread, other than making you look like a dick
  • Brut wrote: »
    So I’m curious how does broadsword decide how the game is balanced for 8 or small do they base It in on feed back from patars and xuuu and gavni or do they have a team at broadsword working full time on it.
    Is carol involved as she plays exclusively with the patar xuu group and is she seen along with gavni as the main boots on the ground giving feedback how do the devs make up there mind .
    Who decides on the cheating policy in the game is that also tied up with the same people or does broadsword listen to a broad cross section of the populace.
    Where does broadsword stand on the abuse of discord and the way that it’s being actively used to cross realm and locate enemy players.
    Where does broadsword stand on the use of scripting effectively turning groups into 1 button robot groups im thinking that because carol runs with the main groups that run the robot 1 button groups I’m guessing it’s viewed as legit but I’d really like to hear from broadsword why it’s acceptable here and not on the free shards.
    Where do decisions on Zerg play and keep sieges come from do you have people who actively play in zergs and keep sieges or do you get feedback from Shelagh who runs with the hero Zerg.
    Would be nice to Know the process purely to get some transparency and some idea of why you make your decisions.

Its scripting that I am against. One button warriors that think they are leet . The game wasnt designed with it and I dont use it (but that is me)

• @47el yes, it's called your mouse
  • Brut wrote: »
    As for carol running with one group all the time don’t you think there might be a tiny tiny tiny little bit of a Conflict of interest just a thought

I'd like to clear this up once and for all, Brut, so you can leave it at the door and move on. I played with the - as people refer to it - IRC group on a few occasions yes, as I've played with other groups and zergs across the game. I don't exclusively play with any one group/people/person or any one realm only. I've never actually run with Gavni's group (who is only a Discord mod), and at most I've ran with that IRC group 2 or 3 times in the last 5/6 months.

I'm the community lead, it is part of my job to understand what players are feeling and experiencing in more than just getting a report or random pm through the various ways to reach me. I play solo (badly but it's fun), I've duo'd, I've small manned, I've run in groups on all realms, and I run in zergs on all realms. This is something I feel someone in a community position should be doing.

Sometimes I'm visible as me, sometimes I'm not (I am also a player of the game and do enjoy just playing).

As for feedback, all feedback sent in is read and considered. Leah and I have spent time chatting in Discord, TS, and Vent with each realm and realm BG leaders especially coming up to the recent changes (and more to come) and after the recent changes to get more feedback. We take feedback from everyone, at anytime...every person's feedback counts.

Our stance on scripting is as per John's Producer's Letter here and hasn't changed since then.

CS and legal decide and run all CS policies, it is not player dictated.

I hope that answers your questions and you move on from the baseless accusations going forward. Closing this thread as it's done.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
This discussion has been closed.