A few Newb questions. (crafting)

I'm new (actually, I played LONG ago, but I've forgotten everything and so much has changed) and have a few questions regarding crafting.

1. How useful is it? Should I craft my own weapons/armor? Do I need to or will I get replacement gear questing?

2. Is it a grind? I seem to remember crafting being a pain in the butt.

3. How do I get crafting materials? Gathering? (can't seem to find any gathering trainers or nodes)

4. Any other advice, crafting wise? I'm 2 days back into the game and I'm completely lost. :smiley:

Comments

• Crafting is much quicker now than it used to be. You can be lgm in a day/hours if you want. Its good to be able to do your own stuff. Mainly Alch and SC. You dont need to worry about crafting your own armor or weapons until after you decide on a template. Until then, you can get bounty point gear through the bgs or use Kings Gear after you hit 50. It can get you by for a while if you are zerging for some rr.

So yes, it is definitely worth it to craft. But focus on Alch first id say then SC. Then whatever armorcraft you wear. Dont need Weaponcrafting unless you want to make your own leggies. Hope this helps, also, join a guild. Plenty around to help newer players.
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 2020 PM
    skill up on yellow to red if possible in your capital city. The merchants that sell the materials are in the capital city usually somewhat near to the area where you craft. (hard to say without knowing which realm you are on).

If you start with alchemy this may help.
    postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?177312-Guide-LGM-Alchemy-with-2-Plat

http://apothecary.daoc-sites.info/
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Crafting materials from Otherworlds, Spin/CM/Barrows, Frontiers.
    Da ant family - 1801, 1802, 1805, 1809 - Da fly family - 4501, 4502, 4503, 4509 - Da spider family - 442, 444, 445, 447
    Check out the trophy collection on Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford / Hib - Tullamore / Alb - Dalton
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Thanks for the answers! :D

(Also, what are spin and CM? Sorry haven't played in about 15 years.)
    Post edited by Gryfflet on
  • spin = Spindelhalla (Midgard dungeon for like lvl 35?-50) Hib is coruscating Mines or something like that. Alb is Barrows.

This, and Otherworld is where you farm the high end alch ingredients and Ore to craft the best potions and stuff
  • Cool. Tyvm.