A few Newb questions. (crafting)

I'm new (actually, I played LONG ago, but I've forgotten everything and so much has changed) and have a few questions regarding crafting.

1. How useful is it? Should I craft my own weapons/armor? Do I need to or will I get replacement gear questing?

2. Is it a grind? I seem to remember crafting being a pain in the butt.

3. How do I get crafting materials? Gathering? (can't seem to find any gathering trainers or nodes)

4. Any other advice, crafting wise? I'm 2 days back into the game and I'm completely lost. :smiley:

Comments

• Crafting is much quicker now than it used to be. You can be lgm in a day/hours if you want. Its good to be able to do your own stuff. Mainly Alch and SC. You dont need to worry about crafting your own armor or weapons until after you decide on a template. Until then, you can get bounty point gear through the bgs or use Kings Gear after you hit 50. It can get you by for a while if you are zerging for some rr.

So yes, it is definitely worth it to craft. But focus on Alch first id say then SC. Then whatever armorcraft you wear. Dont need Weaponcrafting unless you want to make your own leggies. Hope this helps, also, join a guild. Plenty around to help newer players.
  • KoeKoe
    edited August 2020 PM
    skill up on yellow to red if possible in your capital city. The merchants that sell the materials are in the capital city usually somewhat near to the area where you craft. (hard to say without knowing which realm you are on).

If you start with alchemy this may help.
    postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?177312-Guide-LGM-Alchemy-with-2-Plat

http://apothecary.daoc-sites.info/
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Crafting materials from Otherworlds, Spin/CM/Barrows, Frontiers.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited August 2020 PM
    Thanks for the answers! :D

(Also, what are spin and CM? Sorry haven't played in about 15 years.)
    Post edited by Gryfflet on
  • spin = Spindelhalla (Midgard dungeon for like lvl 35?-50) Hib is coruscating Mines or something like that. Alb is Barrows.

This, and Otherworld is where you farm the high end alch ingredients and Ore to craft the best potions and stuff
  • Cool. Tyvm.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I'm new to the game and wanted to know about the crafting system if it's easy or hard. minecraft apk
  • Gryfflet wrote: »
    I'm new (actually, I played LONG ago, but I've forgotten everything and so much has changed) and have a few questions regarding crafting.

1. How useful is it? Should I craft my own weapons/armor? Do I need to or will I get replacement gear questing?

2. Is it a grind? I seem to remember crafting being a pain in the butt.

3. How do I get crafting materials? Gathering? (can't seem to find any gathering trainers or nodes)

4. Any other advice, crafting wise? I'm 2 days back into the game and I'm completely lost. :smiley:

crafting is a waste of time now..the free armor you get is better thn what ya can craft. just get cl 13
  • Koe wrote: »
    skill up on yellow to red if possible in your capital city. The merchants that sell the materials are in the capital city usually somewhat near to the area where you craft. (hard to say without knowing which realm you are on).

dont craft other than alchemy..unless ya staying in the bgs..no need to craft ANY armor/weaps. dont listen to these bone brains..once ya 50 and cl 13 ya gonna be maxxed on almost all things
  • Onidakken wrote: »
    Koe wrote: »

dont craft other than alchemy..unless ya staying in the bgs..no need to craft ANY armor/weaps. dont listen to these bone brains..once ya 50 and cl 13 ya gonna be maxxed on almost all things

Leggies are solid. So that’s Weaponcrafting and Fletching, Also most temps have at least one piece of PC (player crafted) armor. So Tailoring, and Armorcrafting are also useful. Then you need to adds stats/resists/skills to the stuff you craft, so Spellcrafting. Basically all crafts are useful, with Fletching being the least useful.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • LGM all crafts. It's worth it. It's one of the best uses of plat i have had so far in the game. Even fletching has paid for itself. Alchemy is a must have though unless you are loaded on plat.

The freedom you get to modify your equipment anytime is super helpful when trying to adjust small things or template from scratch. Even if you don't use a specific craft much, you can sometimes find somebody who wants something from it RIGHT NOW and will overpay to raise some quick plat. As a LGM spellcrafter i also find most people are using bad calculators too and missing out on imbrue points, where as I can just leisurely tinker with Gems until i get a maximized item.

The free kings armor is a returning player trap. The sets are complete garbage and have reduced strength procs (80 heal vs 120 heal procs for example). It will make your stats look great and you will think "WOW IM STRONG" but in reality you are weak because templated people have the same stats and a buffet of powerful /use items which turn fights. Max stats and resists is assumed, and it is no longer the standard for being powerful.

• Procs have been nerfed as have the /uses. cursed sets while they have maybe 1 useful charge other than playing dress up barbie,,the stats are crap. i have leggy all crafters. they only good for bg .All the buffet of /use items has been nerfed..they are powerful..
    you hit me for 80pts -126 i get fall damage of 2 steps for more. flecthing..only if ya gonna craft some harps. leggie weaps have been nerfed too..all the same now. minor diff in elements but basically useless..if you have to rely on yer silly armor/weap proics..you need to stay in thid. Some of the "items" i have seen posted in many temps..are no longer available. You can go spend a cple thousand plat to try to make a temp that maxes yer armor..but i am not one of the flock..nf is full of macro groups anyway. And 126/126 str on my pally with 126/126 con/dex doesnt make me weak by any means