Population absolutely blows and you reduce RPs for Doppels why?

@Carol_Broadsword @Broadsword @John_Broadsword @Lea_Broadsword
Lol are you kidding me? 700 RPs wasn't anything special to begin with, but you reduce the RPs from Doppels for what reason exactly?

Game population is absolute crap and has been, and Doppels were literally the only thing putting a smokescreen over that fact and you go and reduce their worth... guess you don't like people making 20k/hour hustling when there is nobody out to kill

Great job team, you so smart

Comments

• edited July 2020 PM
    I see, it was the 50% bonus. Still lame AF. Still hate you guys for destroying pop
    Post edited by Armagedden on
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Well the population asked for it that’s what the response was from the devs they listened to the people who whined on here about soloers being killed at solo zones now those solo zones are dead action was great for small solo or 8 at those zones but like always they had to tinker yet again so they spread the doppels out and reduced the RPs another great idea.
    For small man and pugs your options are very limited now most days especially on alb you can’t port anywhere because the clown Zerg takes Beno then bold then the relic keeps in the usual autistic pattern.
    You can’t run the island with a small or 8 because irc will hit you with the cheese ball energy train or whatever flavour of the month set
    Up 6 relics can provide maximum own age for.
    If they don’t get you the clown Zerg will be camping a tower or porting in from some part of the map to roll you over.
    So your reduced to running mazes and eggs and hoping you might see an enemy.
    The only moment of joy is when ghostbully lays 300 traps and the clown Zerg walks into it.
    I really don’t know why I’m posting this crap because it’s been said a million times before guess I’m just a sucker for the the indignant rage that will come my way from the butt hurt soy boys who can’t see there ass from there elbow
    But hey I just couldn’t resist plus I’m at work totally bored and it’s either post here or make a cup of tea.
    Post edited by Brut on
  • edited July 2020 PM
    I would agree that they shouldn't be nerfing realm points at this time and to see the game decreasing rapidly in population and probably the worst time for them to nerf it. Plus the patch hasn't arrived yet so they should of extended the dopple event until the new patch comes out.

All I can say is hang in there but the longer they delay patches/updates/hot fixes the more inpatient the playerbase will become. They really really need to communicate with their customers and still they haven't said anything. Instead they ban people for speaking out about their lack of customer care.
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Agree not a good idea on doppe rp nerf. Should increase the rps gained.. heres an idea, if lower the rps per dopple then increase the amount of dopples available. move them farther away from the "solo" area. Or maybe incrase rps gained from dopples during non-prime playing times. Since its easy to ninja nerf dopple rps. A lot people can't play during the prime times and log in during slow times. Im sure Some people probably just want to pve their way to rr13 just like how some want to 1v1 small mand zerg etc. gives them the option which would take 90 weeks at hard core playing 1 mill rps a week.
    Post edited by Puml on
  • Brut wrote: »
    Well the population asked for it that’s what the response was from the devs they listened to the people who whined on here about soloers being killed at solo zones now those solo zones are dead action was great for small solo or 8 at those zones but like always they had to tinker yet again so they spread the doppels out and reduced the RPs another great idea.
    For small man and pugs your options are very limited now most days especially on alb you can’t port anywhere because the clown Zerg takes Beno then bold then the relic keeps in the usual autistic pattern.
    You can’t run the island with a small or 8 because irc will hit you with the cheese ball energy train or whatever flavour of the month set
    Up 6 relics can provide maximum own age for.
    If they don’t get you the clown Zerg will be camping a tower or porting in from some part of the map to roll you over.
    So your reduced to running mazes and eggs and hoping you might see an enemy.
    The only moment of joy is when ghostbully lays 300 traps and the clown Zerg walks into it.
    I really don’t know why I’m posting this crap because it’s been said a million times before guess I’m just a sucker for the the indignant rage that will come my way from the butt hurt soy boys who can’t see there ass from there elbow
    But hey I just couldn’t resist plus I’m at work totally bored and it’s either post here or make a cup of tea.

:)
  • There are rr12 stealthers that have been doing nothing but dopples for weeks,making 1+ million rps off of pve....and running for towers at any sign of actual pvp. Reaching rr13 via pvp and running away should not be in a pvp game.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Which proves my point @kat.
    Post edited by Puml on
  • Puml wrote: »
    Agree not a good idea on doppe rp nerf. Should increase the rps gained.. heres an idea, if lower the rps per dopple then increase the amount of dopples available. move them farther away from the "solo" area. Or maybe incrase rps gained from dopples during non-prime playing times. Since its easy to ninja nerf dopple rps. A lot people can't play during the prime times and log in during slow times. Im sure Some people probably just want to pve their way to rr13 just like how some want to 1v1 small mand zerg etc. gives them the option which would take 90 weeks at hard core playing 1 mill rps a week.

They are not all that close to the solo area...they are WAY to close to towers. Nged tower has 3 dopples practically on top of it. Shouldn't be rewarded rps for camping a tower, in complete safety, and killing npc.
  • Yeah between nGed Watchtower and Berkstead Watchtower hibs and Albs sit in those towers and farm Doppels with little to no fear of being killed. Unless a group want's to take a tower to prevent them from doing so. In the case of berkstead Wt why would anyone want that tower..
  • I agree. But as you can see that is just another "Convenient" attribute that the realm of nged has. But thats why its also a hot point for rvr.
  • I know for sure those dopples at nged are some of the most dangerous dopples to try.. but as of orginal post pop died down so much you can actually go nged and ride horse just killing dopples seen it done for a couple hours with no one to interfere, during certain times of a day. Either way its off topic. Dopples shouldn't be changed everything works as intended. Great addition to game.
  • Hm i dont care. I dont kill doppels anymore, its boring. Give me real enemies or nothing at all.

People really farm doppels and do nothing else? Im impressed.

But nerfing things when pop is bad...i dont see how this is a good idea. I guess only god knows.
  • Not a fan of mixing PvE and RvR.

Just like eyebrows...

“Thin and separate, there should be two”.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • 1. It's easy to see the positive effect on population/action when realmpoint bonuses are implemented, but what about the downside? Is it really a good idea to switch bonuses on and off so frequently? If bonuses were permanent they would no longer be bonuses, they would just be the new standard. Realmpoint bonuses never made sense to me. In my opinion, realmpoint rewards should be consistent. Choose a value and stick with it.

2. Doppels are not ideal objectives, and I wish more people could see past the realmpoint rewards and open their minds to other ideas. I think it's a much better approach to contemplate a design that doesn't involve realmpoints at all. Surely, there is something better than doppels? Once you have chosen the best design, then you can add realmpoints to the mix. If necessary.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    They dropped the 50% rps bonus. Dopps are fine in the game otherwise the mazes would be a 100% complete ghost town right now unless the dragon is giving zone bonuses.

TBH they should’ve timed the midsummer quest a week later to start as the 50% rps bonus dropped.

Either way you can get a free 75% Rps bonus as we speak. Once the quest is gone I can see it becoming more of an issue.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Also I’d like to point out that there are people in this thread who begged for dopps to bring action back to the mazes and advocated for them to stay.

Now they are whining that dopps are too close to the towers. They are mad af that they have to walk literally right outside solo areas to hit the same exact dopps as before...
  • I agree rewards should just stay consistent. Same goes for wood it should give bps and rps. Not a lot of rps but some. You can give rps for participating in the task. Makes sense it should give rps for completion. Not sure why anyone would want to cut out / restrict any of these. New players / having more players in general are the second point. The benefits of having these options dose not negatively affect any aspect of the "rvr". They add more to rvr thats a fact.
  • null

I agree makes sense to drop 50% bonus because of dragon keep. Would've been nice to get a post or something regarding the ninja nerf on dopple rps, saying oh hey this happen because this event, rewards will return back to normal after or they won't be returning back to normal. good day.
  • KatKat
    edited July 2020 PM
    I think the dopples help bring action to areas that would normally be dead, but it needs an adjustment. Move some of the dopples and maybe rps should be scaled to realm rank. Or bring back dopple quest, so there is more reasons for everyone to roam. Besides the steatlhers farming dopples, for most players the rps are not enough to encourage roaming.

I mean ...was the intent for a rr12 toon to make over a million rps in a week, with only 21 kills?

http://www.excidio.net/herald/character/FHO7aOHXm2g
    Post edited by Kat on
  • whatever happened to letting peeps play the way they want---

and by the way bs should strip all the rps form accounts found farming each other and exploiting ----
  • I think the conclusion we can all draw from this is the population is so low that players are mad about losing out on PvE RPs. RIP.
  • I understand kat's point. BUT that is just OLD mechanism for current daoc. How come new players can get rps ?? They should win already high RR skilled stealthers to get rps.. so as you know literally zero chance. Do you think new players would keep playing feeding rps to you? Obviously no. So if you think this way,don't complain about population because this game system is designed like that and people are not stupid.
    And puter indicates the very sharp point. Action is very very seriously terribly bad except prime time(EU and US 2hr each only)
  • CreatE wrote: »
    I understand kat's point. BUT that is just OLD mechanism for current daoc. How come new players can get rps ?? They should win already high RR skilled stealthers to get rps.. so as you know literally zero chance. Do you think new players would keep playing feeding rps to you? Obviously no. So if you think this way,don't complain about population because this game system is designed like that and people are not stupid.
    And puter indicates the very sharp point. Action is very very seriously terribly bad except prime time(EU and US 2hr each only)

That is why I suggested rps on dopples be scaled to rank, like the bug potions. Lower ranks get full rps, higher ranks start to get less and less.
  • null
    Yes right. I also think placing doppel at cathal valley is a good idea since new players can stay there and get some rps, rvr experience etc until 4L9.
  • You just don’t get it do you it’s about risk reward getting people away from zergs and out into bg “Nf wtf How does people being able to get into towers affect the game in 2020 ffs Who cares if you escape into a tower if you are any good you can kill them before they get in a tower.the point is the quest in its original form was good and it was working now it’s not and pop blows
    Too much tinkering not enough fun .
    This obsession with people getting into towers like how many are we talking about 1 2 6 500 a Zerg running into a tower ffs give me a break dumb dumb dumb.
    Why don’t you block up POc entrances and labyrinth entrances if your concerned with people getting away .
    That’s why they took away maze towers because of people whining I really think this game is on a downward spiral at moment and with the calibre of numb nuts posting on here you can really see why
  • edited July 2020 PM
    My personal opinion(second thought)..maybe doppel is not the main problem for the current population. Actually other game's population pattern is pretty same since corona situation(boom and dropping). I think BS should implement new RP reward system. For eg,even if you keep dying without killing something-players should get rps (half or 1/3 rp or brave RP token item etc etc) when a killer dies or zone out or timer etc. In this case, even if you keep losing or dies , players have a reason to keep playing or keep logging in game to bring vivid action. Current system problem is if you lose , party is gonna disband or people log out because there is NO RP reward(aka No Fun) and accordingly action is also dead.
    Post edited by CreatE on
  • Who cares if someone just kills dopoels, they're still putting in the time killing them. Buncha whiners
  • edited July 2020 PM
    [not needed]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    My personal opinion(second thought)..maybe doppel is not the main problem for the current population. Actually other game's population pattern is pretty same since corona situation(boom and dropping). I think BS should implement new RP reward system. For eg,even if you keep dying without killing something-players should get rps (half or 1/3 rp or brave RP token item etc etc) when a killer dies or zone out or timer etc. In this case, even if you keep losing or dies , players have a reason to keep playing or keep logging in game to bring vivid action. Current system problem is if you lose , party is gonna disband or people log out because there is NO RP reward(aka No Fun) and accordingly action is also dead.

The only thing that's going to get people out of their firebird and into a hybrid is a new fresh server without all the crap they've layered on over the past decade or so. They could toss out the old Gareth/Lamorak/Ector servers and instantly triple their population.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    So here is my take. Population is dropping because people are tired of being inside due to the pandemic plus it is summer when population always drops.

Then there is the second reason and its broadsword. When EC conquest first was released it brought some players back but in the following months they left. So then Covid 19 rears its ugly face upon the world and people have to stay inside. Over time people start losing their jobs/business or they had to take mandatory unpaid leave of work and month long furloughs.

During the early stages of the pandemic it is also a chance at opportunity. You have everyone home all over the world. Every company is reacting to the pandemic. My company which makes almost everything helped start up some some make shift hospitals over seas and started created face masks for healthcare workers. Messages from Management to its customer base happened often and they let you know they are adjusting to this global nightmare. And for me i have thought of ways to help the companies i manage sell my products to their clients.

Now we have Broadsword. For all we know they might have laid off people but how would we know? Zero communication. No changes to EC accounts to let everyone at home trying DAOC to get away from Covid19 to try unrestricted play. We can never be too upset with BS because they did save the game but the fact is they are a small group of programmers who love daoc that have zero marketing dollars and unfortunately zero clue how to grow the game.

End of the day it is what it is. We got Daoc not the way we want it but its here so take it or leave it. Unfortunately most are leaving it
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • EC account should be overhauled so they only suffer quality of life restrictions and it shouldn't prevent casuals from logging in and participating in either PvE or RvR.
    Would it help with realm balance if they instead went from giving the underpopulated realm a 50% RP bonus to applying a -50% to RPs earned to the realm with the greater population in NF?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Why are they even giving PVE quest for RPS? This is a PVP Server. Shouldn't get any RPS for it. Just padding your RPS and IRS
  • Minibard wrote: »
    Why are they even giving PVE quest for RPS? This is a PVP Server. Shouldn't get any RPS for it. Just padding your RPS and IRS

You miss the point entirely. A good chunk, if not the majority of the 24 hours in a day, there is no action... When they gave us doppels everyone was posting about how good of an idea it was SOLELY because pop has been low for so long (3+ years at this point). It was a bandaid for the low population until Broadsword finally did something to fix it, and they just ripped it off and it's still bleeding
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    Why are they even giving PVE quest for RPS? This is a PVP Server. Shouldn't get any RPS for it. Just padding your RPS and IRS

You miss the point entirely. A good chunk, if not the majority of the 24 hours in a day, there is no action... When they gave us doppels everyone was posting about how good of an idea it was SOLELY because pop has been low for so long (3+ years at this point). It was a bandaid for the low population until Broadsword finally did something to fix it, and they just ripped it off and it's still bleeding

You’re both right.

The doppels were a good idea to create action but they shouldn’t give RPs.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • No reason to reduce dops, or eliminate them, as they do offer opportunities for the small scale RvR that many enjoy.

Agree completely.
  • Until they released the dopps there was literally 0 action other then EV island and the #1v1 channel farming each other in the /bow towns. Now there is action in all of the mazes, yet once again people are losing sleep about people who are paying 15-30$ a month that are killing a doppel.

@Kat you want people in the mazes so you can farm them as they hit the doppels right? Yet have an opinion about people who are taking the risk to go out and participate in the actual campaign. Hence the [Weekly] quest...

You wonder why things are the way that they are it's because of contradicting idea and these forum posts.
  • Kat wrote: »
    CreatE wrote: »
    I understand kat's point. BUT that is just OLD mechanism for current daoc. How come new players can get rps ?? They should win already high RR skilled stealthers to get rps.. so as you know literally zero chance. Do you think new players would keep playing feeding rps to you? Obviously no. So if you think this way,don't complain about population because this game system is designed like that and people are not stupid.

That is why I suggested rps on dopples be scaled to rank, like the bug potions. Lower ranks get full rps, higher ranks start to get less and less.

They already have this in game. It's called Buggane buff.
    Current system problem is if you lose, party is gonna disband or people log out because there is NO RP reward(aka No Fun) and accordingly action is also dead.

This is why each realm should have at least one caster with a stun (whether spec line or base line). On Mid, even organizing a group to defend hero more often than not you get zero rps unless you are the sham/healer getting lots of rez/heal rps. The ability to just get out of LOS when targeted cannot be understated. Open field, the ability for one caster to kill a stealth add as well, zero game disruption. Putting your pac healer out there just means you are now down to 1 healer who suddenly has to run up to rez the other healer.
  • Koe wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    CreatE wrote: »

They already have this in game. It's called Buggane buff.

d'oh.

• the game can have scaling rp rewards, they could make dops worth a higher amount for low RR players and worth nearly nothing for anyone past rr7 or 8.

dops are a good way for people who didn't see a lot of fighting in the BGs to do a small catch up in the frontiers so I wouldn't remove them, but having non pvpers hide in a tower and kill dops just for RR is an issue. (never seen this go to Hib and watch an Ani drop his shroom at the nged tower near the maze and kill the dop at the spawn well they sit in the tower).

they could also change bug pot to only effect awards from player kills (maybe bump up the %s across each level to compensate)
  • Samhayn wrote: »
    the game can have scaling rp rewards, they could make dops worth a higher amount for low RR players and worth nearly nothing for anyone past rr7 or 8.

dops are a good way for people who didn't see a lot of fighting in the BGs to do a small catch up in the frontiers so I wouldn't remove them, but having non pvpers hide in a tower and kill dops just for RR is an issue. (never seen this go to Hib and watch an Ani drop his shroom at the nged tower near the maze and kill the dop at the spawn well they sit in the tower).

they could also change bug pot to only effect awards from player kills (maybe bump up the %s across each level to compensate)

I don't understand why in this day and age we are advocating something that might lessen population. Reducing RPs will certainly not increase population; it can only have a negative effect.

And why are people crying about RPs others make? You do realize that you need the bottom feeders to create the chain. By incentivizing people to farm doppels, you will have small mans that feed on them. And up the food chain it goes. Does anyone think there is more skill involved with ganking a solo with 3 or more than there is a solo getting 1,000 RPs for fighting a doppel. They are both virtually guaranteed winners in their respective fights.

For the love of God, focus on making the game better with more population; not complaining about how some people get RPs because you don't approve. It's just so misplaced.
  • My guess isn't the issue of people killing doppels for rps it's that they can do so with pretty much no chance of dying. The food chain requires them to be killable to work
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • edited July 2020 PM
    @Kat you want people in the mazes so you can farm them as they hit the doppels right? Yet have an opinion about people who are taking the risk to go out and participate in the actual campaign. Hence the [Weekly] quest...”

Haha ding ding ding! Does not care about the other realms or balance. Does not participate in seige warfare. Simply wants to kill solo’s by water on their way to pve quests
  • and run/swim away when the pet is stunned or killed lol
  • KatKat
    edited July 2020 PM
    No, I dont participate on sage warfare. Its boring, and without a group, I die. But keep making false statements, making assumptions about me. You are a stealth zerger and playing hib, pretty much the worst of everything killing the game right now and clearly don't care.....your opinion means nothing to me.

And, exactly...how does a sm run away? I have no speed. I have no idea who you are @47el. Any time you want to 1v1, lmk
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited July 2020 PM
    False assumptions?

Me talking about Kat being selfish and not caring about anything.

Me: “ Does not care about the other realms or balance. Does not participate in seige warfare. Simply wants to kill solo’s by water on their way to pve quests”

Kats response after
    “No, I dont participate on sage warfare. Its boring, and without a group, I die. But keep making false statements, making assumptions about me. You are a stealth zerger and playing hib..your opinion means nothing to me.”

A stealth zerger with 7700 solos between my shade and ranger and always smash you solo but lets just ignore that. Face it you are a miserable selfish solo that only cares about herself and her hunters stupid rr5.

• KatKat
    edited July 2020 PM
    False assumptions?

Me: “ Does not care about the other realms or balance. Does not participate in seige warfare. Simply wants to kill solo’s by water on their way to pve quests”

Kats response after
    “No, I dont participate on sage warfare. Its boring, and without a group, I die. But keep making false statements, making assumptions about me. You are a stealth zerger and playing hib..your opinion means nothing to me.”

A stealth zerger with 7700 solos between my shade and ranger and always smash you solo but lets just ignore that. Face it you are a miserable selfish solo that only cares about herself and her hunters stupid rr5.

You have no idea what you are talking about. But keep zerging it up, stealth zerger. You are helping destroy the game and you dont care
    Post edited by Kat on
  • KatKat
    edited July 2020 PM
    You want to talk selfish??????????? Tell me, zerger....how is this HELPING the game? AGAIN - albs ports broken. Mids are about to lose theirs. Unlike you...I actually care that alb has been so ground down, that many don't even play anymore.

ti5iBxb.png
    Post edited by Kat on
  • False assumptions?

Kats response after

Shall we really count the many many stealth zergers who are Lone Enforcers? Getting 2k solo kills over 15+ years of playing when your friends aren't on isn't that hard. But her point that you are pretty much know to be a part of a stealth zerging crew is well documented. Not sure why you even bother trying to deny that one. If you see Keffka you know Ashnor is near or one of the many other Swamp Donkies...Just embrace it, no reason to fight who you are. Let your freak flag fly.
  • What does herorius rvring in other realms have to do with you being selfish?

Maybe if you helped the realm and cared more about the realm versus calling me a stealth zerger maybe mid would be doing better.