Returning, again! - Thank you Broad Sword for continuing to support!

I've played this game on and off now for damn near 20 years.. can you believe it?!

My first son was not even a year old when DAoC first came out in 2001 and his 20th birthday is in December. crazy.

This game has some of the best systems ever designed for a mmorpg and it has really stood up well against time.

I had been waiting CU, like i'm sure most of us have been... but seven years later... ugh..

Anyway, does Broadsword have any plans for new expansions or maybe a face lift for DAoC ?

Comments

• edited May 2020 PM
    The last expansion was in 2006: Labyrinth of the Minotaur. Since then there have only been a handful of major updates via patches. Broadsword implemented two new PvE campaigns (Cursed and Otherworldly) which are primarily instanced since they took over developing the game in 2014. There have been numerous class updates as well. New textures are released sporadically but nothing major akin to a new graphical engine. The most recent update included a free to play option (Endless Conquest) but is plagued with restrictions. There are talks of a new progression server that will presumably begin development after patch 1.127 but much of that remains to be determined. Unless EA (who owns the rights to DAoC) invests its resources into the game, there won't be any new expansions let alone a graphical update. Enjoy!
    Post edited by puter on
  • Welcome back. I hope your a mid we are severely outnumbered these days.
  • Im back again too.

In 20 years I have tried all possible MMO games: some have been longer, others have taken longer to install than to play,etc. Not even one has come close to DAOC content and pvp.

I am sure that if they invested in restarting it as a neverwinter, lotr that they are old titles but every x time they release new content, DAOC would have fresh population again.

All these new games that are coming out as New World have a basic flaw in their PvP system and that is they do not have the rewards neither the variety of classes that DAOC has and that makes you lose interest quickly.
  • Same! After months of missing this game I finally have the time to resub and enjoy it, very happy to see all my characters still here:)
  • Welcome back!

They have plans actually. There's a new patch just around the corner and beyond that they are working on (as far as I know) a new server that would tie into this one. You can root around for the newsletters on the herald and producer's letters and they outline it pretty detailed on those. Once the next patch is released I think that's the next project. I think most people were interested in a classic style server of some sort, but I think the anticipation and unknown is some of the excitement right now.
  • Hello All, I am a returning player. I'm shocked but very happy to see DAoC is still going. I am looking to see which is the best server to go to for an alb. Back when I was playing we were severely outnumbered by both mids and hibs it made for poor rvr. I'd be happy with a server that the albs were just competitive. If you have any suggestions that would be great or if you can send me to a forum or something that can get the info myself I would be grateful.
  • Centurion wrote: »
    Hello All, I am a returning player. I'm shocked but very happy to see DAoC is still going. I am looking to see which is the best server to go to for an alb. Back when I was playing we were severely outnumbered by both mids and hibs it made for poor rvr. I'd be happy with a server that the albs were just competitive. If you have any suggestions that would be great or if you can send me to a forum or something that can get the info myself I would be grateful.

While there are technically 10 Ywain servers, all servers are migrated and play together. It does not matter which server you choose (except housing availability does vary from server-to-server).

Just join any server and you will be with all of the Albs in NF.