Ranger rr5 should have been nerfed by now

2»

Comments

• I think we've arrived, again, to the problem with having multiple conflicting play styles existing in a single space. DAoC is an open world sandbox game. Each realm is effectively a team, regardless if you treat it that way or not. The only way to address one play style without infringing on another is to separate them (i.e. structured PvP / arenas). What continues to baffle me is that numerous players wants their play style respected but are seemingly against the idea of sPvP when it would literally solve the problem. I personally don't like stealthers at all but I don't request nerfs just because I was ganked. It's their $15.00+ per month and it's part of the game. Welcome to the chaotic nature of DAoC.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I usually collect a one time tax from those running boxes unless they do something silly like attack me or add a fight. I am not there to farm them but will definitely kill em once. @Sleepwell It's not usually a bunch of high RR guys avoiding each other. It's usually they have already fought a bunch and the outcome is already known.
  • So you think penalizing their actual combat performance is better than just their ability to hide?
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • I don't really expect BS to completely change the group dynamics of the stealth zergs. But, the ranger rr5 is just way to OP considering that zerging is the primary playstyle of most rangers. It doesn't just affect hunters, but all pet class in two realms. It is an easy, much overdue correction to change it to pet scare.
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Keltorius wrote: »
    So based on some of the opinions here, unless you have great skills, you are not allowed to play stealth. It’s ok if those of marginal to less than can play visi, but if they group as sneaks, OMG they are scum.

**** your elitist, self absorbed, I know better than you attitudes!!!!

Your personal playstyle to run 8 or even 16 with your guild is fine O-K. They used to call my trio a stealth zerg pretty much since OF.
    That said by running 8-16 stealthers it's a very low skill, and often effects the other active RVR. I.e. Nexxron calls in Creaper's 8 and/or jams the resulting fight. 8v1'ing anything that's around, and jamming any other vizzy fight that's happening.

Clearly you cannot be so biased that you are unable to see why everyone else calls Stealth Legion out.
    I mean half of the guild left and formed their owned guild because of Nexxron.
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Keep it civil please.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Idk what has gone on there the last 2 weeks haven’t played my Ranger or my NS much. I have been reconnecting with my Albion side more playing my Scout on mondays and tuesdays and my Armsman a little on the weekends. Since I met some nice folks there it reminds me of my days on Bors. Except, the zerg varies, not strictly Mid zerg or that elite Hib group that used to roam around. lol
  • KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM
    Keltorius wrote: »
    So based on some of the opinions here, unless you have great skills, you are not allowed to play stealth. It’s ok if those of marginal to less than can play visi, but if they group as sneaks, OMG they are scum.

**** your elitist, self absorbed, I know better than you attitudes!!!!

Not sure where this is coming from. It doesn't take great skill to solo on a stealther..just patience.

And though I would prefer to focus on the OP ranger rr5...just one thought on stealth zergs. I was running around tonight and watched high rr stealth groups camping the turkeys and blowing abilities to kill lowbies at the turkey legs - even when the lowbies were clearly out numbered. When visi groups went to legs, the lowbies at least had a chance to get away. They could see the visi's coming. With stealth zergs...there is zero chance. Your just dead. That is why I call it a cancer...more then any other play style.

Just imho....the stealth zergs killed off visi solo/smallman. And that really hurt the game overall. And one of the main reasons why I was so pissed the hunter rr5 was changed. It was my best bet to get away from the zergers. But, now, I see why BS can't look at individual players, but how abilities affect the game when used by zergers...and thus, why the ranger rr5 needs a small adjustment (getting back on subject).
    Post edited by Kat on
  • KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM
    Damn...came back to delete the above post, but was too late. I don't want to go off on a tangent regarding the evils of stealth zerging.

From re-reading this thread, so far, no one seems to think it is a bad idea. Any defense for ranger rr5 to stay pet attack vs pet scare? And, if you agree, could you please submit suggestion to john broadsword/BS? I went too scorched earth last year, and highly doubt my suggestions will get much attention.

And, realy question for BS. Why has the ranger been boosted when all other stealth class have taken hits?
    Post edited by Kat on
  • @Fateboi just want to correct one point.

We hate Nexxron as much as you do. He consistantly jams our fights, is a tool in region chat, so yes we'll fly in when we see him fighting but it's mainly to steal his DBs so he can't complete his dailies.
  • this thread is pretty bad :/
  • while ur at it could you remove climb walls when there is more than one group at a keep :)
  • Needed vs Thurg/sorc/cab/mini/sm/bd. Considered running one in a 8 man for pet groups.
  • KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM
    Creaper wrote: »
    Needed vs Thurg/sorc/cab/mini/sm/bd. Considered running one in a 8 man for pet groups.

That is one reason I suggested pet scare instead of pet attack. Seems a decent compromise, still very powerful..but not as OP. I used to play menty (rr11) and the pet scare was awesome.
    Post edited by Kat on
    LMAO, this reasoning is hilarious!! NERF the rr5 for a ranger it kills my theurgist or bonedancer, ahhhhhhh!!! classes have ways to kill other classes!!!!! No rangers, hunters, scouts should not have the same RR5... its another bloody region of a fictional world!! go play WoW, if u want everything the same lol.. OHHHH Nozzzzzz…. lol pet classes gotta have a weakness... some classes have trouble with other classes... bane... boon.. at some point you gotta grow up and realize you win some, lose some, and draw..... That person you owned 5 minutes ago, had better luck with the random numbers this time... anything can happen...
    Post edited by Alittlepoke on
    LMAO, this reasoning is hilarious!! NERF the rr5 for a ranger it kills my theurgist or bonedancer, ahhhhhhh!!! classes have ways to kill other classes!!!!! No rangers, hunters, scouts should not have the same RR5... its another bloody region of a fictional world!! go play WoW, if u want everything the same lol.. OHHHH Nozzzzzz…. lol pet classes gotta have a weakness... some classes have trouble with other classes... bane... boon.. at some point you gotta grow up and realize you win some, lose some, and draw..... That person you owned 5 minutes ago, had better luck with the random numbers this time... anything can happen...

You do realize that they changed the ranger R5 because a ranger with direct connections to BS was salty always losing to Hunters, so they designed the perfect counter to them?
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • @Shoke

A whiteknight? Makes perfect sense....
  • Please don't spread false information. No change ever happens because one person had a good/bad or indifferent run in with another, or because someone asked us directly to change something in their favour. This is ridiculous.

Also, fyi, everyone has a "direct connection" to us by simply just pm'ing us, using Discord, using forums, etc
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I typically only play healing classes and pet classes. (and pet classes take the largest share)

I've probably encountered a Ranger using their RR5 on me about ~20 times. The vast majority of those times, my pets ran around a keep, bridge, or had severely bugged pathing to try and attack me and failed. Given the unpredictability of pets in the game, this abilities secondary component isn't as reliable as it's primary purpose (getting the pet off the Ranger) So, outside of some pretty niche instances were the moons and planets line up, this ability is more concerning to paper DAoC than what actually occurs.

Now - If DAoC had reliable pet mechanics, this ability might be pushing things too far.
  • Ciddire wrote: »
    I typically only play healing classes and pet classes. (and pet classes take the largest share)

I've probably encountered a Ranger using their RR5 on me about ~20 times. The vast majority of those times, my pets ran around a keep, bridge, or had severely bugged pathing to try and attack me and failed. Given the unpredictability of pets in the game, this abilities secondary component isn't as reliable as it's primary purpose (getting the pet off the Ranger) So, outside of some pretty niche instances were the moons and planets line up, this ability is more concerning to paper DAoC than what actually occurs.

Now - If DAoC had reliable pet mechanics, this ability might be pushing things too far.

Anecdotal. I have had it used against me more times then I can count....and it always works.

• KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM

Play your hunter a bit longer......then get back to me :)
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Give Scouts Rangers R5 as well.

Problem Solved.
    There are compromises every way you turn. Possibly leave Rangers RR5 as is and disable their bow when used similar to HunterRR5. Couldnt apply to Scouts as their 20% range bonus on their RR5 would be completely negated. <Shrug>
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    There are compromises every way you turn. Possibly leave Rangers RR5 as is and disable their bow when used similar to HunterRR5. Couldnt apply to Scouts as their 20% range bonus on their RR5 would be completely negated. <Shrug>

I am def not for all classes having the same abilities....but, just joking here........if you are going to make them similar, you would need to change it so when the hunter hits their rr5, ranger's duel weapons are ripped out of their hands and then attacks the rangers and then weapons disappear

:open_mouth:
  • Just have the rr5 act like cowering down below. there its done. But people wont be happy with that either. Learning your toons and what they can do and what they cant is the best part of this game. You want to complain about some thing complain about tic's hitting them for 80 to 50 is a joke . But lets keep on track with hating the stealth classes. When we run our visi groups stealthers are not a problem so easy to see now a days and under powered do to the MOS nerf 34 realm points is a heck of a hit.

• @Kat is there any forum you dont cry on? man oh man you dont even play anymore
  • Namelez wrote: »
    @Kat is there any forum you dont cry on? man oh man you dont even play anymore

Logged on last night around 9:30 PST. There was 20 mids in NF. Ran around about 20 minutes, found nothing, logged off. /shrug
  • Please don't spread false information. No change ever happens because one person had a good/bad or indifferent run in with another, or because someone asked us directly to change something in their favour. This is ridiculous.

Well the one time it did happen, it sucked for Hunters.
  • I am the worse archer in the game right now...I welcome the new RR5 ability...hasn't saved me though. /shrug