Longer song duration

Hello everyone,

What so you think about a RA for the minstrel, that increases the song duration. Skaldes keep their Cele/heal/speed/mana Song up all fight long, while we minstrels have to switch all 10 secs between sword and instrument to stay alive. When the healsong would have had a duration of 30 secs it would he a blessing for my athrosis.

P.s. Since when is the single mezz duration only 25 secs? Wasnt it 1 min some time ago?

Siegert

Comments

• Sure, minstrels could be more gamer friendly. Skaldes only need to activated the songs once and dont even need them on their quickbar. But every+ a minstrel gets, unbalance the Albion stealther groups. So no to eassier/better minstrels
  • It would be hard to justify duration increase unless they put it as a trainable ability high up in the weapon line so stealth minis would have to all but sacrifice their stealth spec to obtain it.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    It would be hard to justify duration increase unless they put it as a trainable ability high up in the weapon line so stealth minis would have to all but sacrifice their stealth spec to obtain it.

I think at this point another line should be added so minsts can spec into it and out of stealth to increase their strength in visible groups. Charmed pets at this point are heavily unreliable.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    Dreamscape wrote: »
    It would be hard to justify duration increase unless they put it as a trainable ability high up in the weapon line so stealth minis would have to all but sacrifice their stealth spec to obtain it.

I think at this point another line should be added so minsts can spec into it and out of stealth to increase their strength in visible groups. Charmed pets at this point are heavily unreliable.

That's another possibility.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Thankfully the song you're most likely going to want to twist in combat (heal song) cannot be interrupted and is 2.0 hard cast, so it's feasible to find some time to refresh it now and then, power/speed isn't the end of the world to keep down.

Though that does bring us to the topic of the 'newish' minstrel additions that aren't quite so convenient:
    Celerity: 15 sec duration, 3.5 cast time, interruptible
    AoM: 15 sec duration, 3.5 cast time, interruptible
    Range: 30 sec duration, 3.5 cast time, interruptible

The AoM song is pretty good though it sadly doesn't coexist with AoM charges, but given the long casting time and short duration it's hard to find the time to maintain any of these in a fight since any time spent playing an instrument is time you're not using to interrupt with melee/flute, which is your primary job. Some minor love would be appreciated to make them not quite so unwieldy. Imo pick one of the following of either increasing duration, shorted the cast time, or make them uninterruptible (probably not that one). Of course buffing minstrels in stealth/group fights might not be the intention behind introducing these songs, they might just be something for minstrels to do in zerg fights besides being speedbots and climbers, what do I know. I am heavily biased towards the class but will admit that the strongest conceivable alb 8man setup already utilize a minstrel, so they don't need love per se. Could make it a secondary effect on the minstrel set to increase the new song durations by 5 seconds or something and pseudo-buff them that way (yay more item dependence!).

and yes the flute mezz did get nerfed in duration, note however that flute mezz lasts 2x the duration it's delved as due to being a song or something so it used to very nearly rival sorc single mezzes, right now it's more in line with how long a skald mezz lasts.
  • Those 3 new songs should not require instruments.

Longer duration on teams range (1min) AoM (1min)

Celerity should just be the same as the warden and healer casted celerity, let it effect pet.
  • Flik wrote: »
    Thankfully the song you're most likely going to want to twist in combat (heal song) cannot be interrupted and is 2.0 hard cast, so it's feasible to find some time to refresh it now and then, power/speed isn't the end of the world to keep down.

Though that does bring us to the topic of the 'newish' minstrel additions that aren't quite so convenient:
    Celerity: 15 sec duration, 3.5 cast time, interruptible
    AoM: 15 sec duration, 3.5 cast time, interruptible
    Range: 30 sec duration, 3.5 cast time, interruptible

The AoM song is pretty good though it sadly doesn't coexist with AoM charges, but given the long casting time and short duration it's hard to find the time to maintain any of these in a fight since any time spent playing an instrument is time you're not using to interrupt with melee/flute, which is your primary job. Some minor love would be appreciated to make them not quite so unwieldy. Imo pick one of the following of either increasing duration, shorted the cast time, or make them uninterruptible (probably not that one). Of course buffing minstrels in stealth/group fights might not be the intention behind introducing these songs, they might just be something for minstrels to do in zerg fights besides being speedbots and climbers, what do I know. I am heavily biased towards the class but will admit that the strongest conceivable alb 8man setup already utilize a minstrel, so they don't need love per se. Could make it a secondary effect on the minstrel set to increase the new song durations by 5 seconds or something and pseudo-buff them that way (yay more item dependence!).

and yes the flute mezz did get nerfed in duration, note however that flute mezz lasts 2x the duration it's delved as due to being a song or something so it used to very nearly rival sorc single mezzes, right now it's more in line with how long a skald mezz lasts.

While comparing Skald mez to Minst mez makes sense, don't forget the Skalds mez is instant and RUT is fairly short. A cast mez should always last way longer than an instant.

The fact that Minst have an entire line that is virtually worthless to small man+ (Stealth Line) makes them really dependent on pets (wonky at best). They made twisting obsolete on Pallys and Skalds, Why not some good QOL on Minst.
    ~Westies
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Minstrels aren’t a Skald and our mezzes/chants/songs are just fine. If anything the Minstrel has gotten a lot better and higher DPS over time. The 3 realms are different for a reason stop trying to remove instrument requirements for our new ones.

Also pets charming are in line with other realms nothing to see here IMO. We don’t need anything new or fancy due to the ability to spec into stealth (since day 1). My perspective is realm balance instead of short sighted I want what other classes have etc
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • edited May 2018 PM
    I feel new songs are clunky and counter productive.

I'd place the AoM buff on an acuity debuff ala champ (non interrupting)
    Have the range buff on all the time VW(and add a SP component to it for both)
    Celerity...well whatever, it seems if your not using your instrument to cast a mezz you wasting 3 seconds to mezz/rupt,

Maybe others find otherwise?
    Post edited by Abattoir on
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Westies wrote: »
    The fact that Minst have an entire line that is virtually worthless to small man+ (Stealth Line) makes them really dependent on pets (wonky at best).

They seem to be doing fine with the stealth small+++++ out there.
    But, maybe losing stealth wouldn't be a "bad" thing - and this is coming from someone with 3 minis - one of them is purely a stealthstrel.
    Post edited by Ssavii on
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Yes do it. And give skalds stealth and charm....

Stop comparing classes to classes that isnt even equal on the board. Jeebuz this stupidity is insane.
    Hell why dont we just delete all classes and make 8 an mirror them on all realms. No whine and broadsword has hell of a lot easier work...
    Oh i forgot. Climb walls to skalds aswell.
    Post edited by Derb on