Endless conquest first impressions

So far so good population is up quite considerably action eu time was very good.
Plenty of groups about a lot of small man running about and solos.
Love the new armour sets no excuse not to get into action straight away for any toon.
Noticed that bomb groups are making a return which I think is a good thing as well.
The mez changes haven’t had a negative effect on gameplay and generally quite optimist on direction of game.
My only gripe is the change to the rp quests I think there was nothing wrong with the old system but saying that still made pretty good rps.
All in all I’d give patch 8 out of ten still some tweaks but right direction nice to see lot of old people back fun times.
Tagged:

Comments

• Not a fan of the assassin changes.
    Realm hopper extraordinaire

https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/respen
  • Over 200 Mids online during EU prime was a significant increase as there typically is barely 100. Also about 20 dudes level 1-20 making toons which gives me some cautious optimism.

We defended Glenlock against Herorius and it felt very old school. Mezz, ST, Pbaoe pushes back and forth rather than powerleak and fight over. Fury tanks were dying instead of bring largely immune.

For me the biggest downside was the nerfed RPS. We fight, got a lot of kills, then looked down in meager disappointment at the total. Will I mentally re-baseline to the new values or will I forever feel loss and resentment?
  • Yeh bad mistake with the rp changes my only bitch with the patch they need to rethink that.
  • Kings gear is awesome (for beginner), you will not feed rps anymore
  • Big patch so even existing players are still adjusting. Many people figuring out templates. New players starting to level. Returning players getting their bearings.

Expect action to increase over the next month.
  • Targeting bug and the release bug are the biggest issues atm. /BG groups also doesn't work. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Targeting bug and the release bug are the biggest issues atm. /BG groups also doesn't work. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    Yep! All of them are being worked on already :)
  • Brut wrote: »
    Yeh bad mistake with the rp changes my only bitch with the patch they need to rethink that.

I agree the rp's were just not there last night but the fights were awesome at DC and Nged last night. I played my Warden after I got slaughtered on my NS ( they seem very very underpowered now thank you BS) But wow I was working over time healing last night.

• Honestly, I'm not sure what to say. I didn't know about all the changes. I knew about subscription changes and limitations on accounts that aren't subbed. I thought that this was what it was all about. I thought it was a great idea. I sign on today for the first time since before the patch, and I have to be honest, I didn't find it particularly fun.

I work long hours and have little free time to play. When I do play, I usually have specific goals to accomplish in order to get myself set up for the peak of what I as a player, find fun. I basically live for Molvik, CV and Frontiers. So I enjoyed the ease of getting your character leveled, geared up and prepped. I signed on and found no more glass artifact merchants, BG xp was nerfed so bad that I can't imagine anyone is going to bother with them now other than the only two that matter; Molvik and CV.

I solo. I rarely ever group either for XP or RP. I just enjoy it more that way. I have 0 interest in town quests, sight-seeing, fetching and grinding in enclosed dungeons that seem to require I have friends in order to complete quests as if it were 10 years ago with a corresponding pop to actually make some. Maybe I'm missing something, or I got the wrong quests. My time to play is so sparse that the BG xp we have had the last few years was ideal for me, especially in a game with an ever dwindling population.

The last 2 months I can also say that I've spent easily over a hundred dollars on mithril for everything from respeccing races, names, to cosmetic skinning etc. I loved all of these changes, and I loved what EC was described as changing. This BG and Town quest chains and classic dungeon stuff would have been fine had I the freedom to ignore it and XP the way I like to. Broadsword could have simply left it alone so that people that want to RvR and PvP can both be happy. I don't understand why so often people insist on fixing things that aren't broken?

Were it not for how awesome BG quests and relatively painless access to artifacts have been, I'd not have bothered trying and investing in half the classes that I have. All of that play time and subscription money the result of variety. Now because of how miserable today was (first time I played since after the patch) I'll be letting both my subs run out by the end of the month, and I think it really sucks because I had a blast up until now. I don't mean that in a nasty way, or to presume it matters to anyone in the big picture. I just wanted to state my reason, and I do hope this game survives and succeeds.

Anyway, that is my first impression. Again, maybe I missed something, or some quest I just didn't see gives so much xp that I'm crazy to prefer it the old way, I don't know. Also, I might add, I have been playing since 2004-05, I loved the old days and how much more meaningful it was to have a 50, or a high RR, or a difficult temp. Let's face it though, those days are over, and now its a matter of ease and access, and making the game workable for people with little time. For what it is I enjoy, I no longer have the time to play the current game and manage to accomplish and get done what I want to get done on my own.

Last week, I could solo from 1 - 39 in half a day's play time, and set up a template in time to play the BG by the next morning. If that comes back, or it's revealed to me how I can still do that, I'll re-sub.
  • edited November 2019 PM
    How slow has the grind been in the bg’s and what specifically would you suggest to improve your experience @Mirewolf

Before it was complete the three xp quests and you get a full level rinse and repeat.
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • I don't know what the exact decrease in XP is, but this morning my sorc started xping at level 20 at roughly 6am est. I am now 34 and have been playing consistently all day running the BG quests until I realized I was done. I stopped at about 3:20 pm. I also might add that I literally saw 2 other Albs in all of that time, and exactly 2 mids. Doesn't mean there weren't more, but it goes to show you what little incentive to be in any BG other than Molvik or CV. There are no enemies to fight, and no XP worth going out there for.

Not trying to be negative, I just fail to see what good actually came of it.
  • BPs are an incentive, I guess. XP is more helpful though.
  • I'm trying to remember what xp was like in 2002 and though I can't I think it was very little as it took me playing quite regularly almost an entire year to get level 50. The introduction of /level 20 was very nice. Still, it was several years before leveling became easy. In those early gays my hardware and internet didn't allow me to play in groups so rvr was out of the question and even going into the capital city was off limits. It seemed like every time I got an upgrade, which wasn't often, the game would also require more and better hardware. The pve was enough to make playing fun and knowing someday I would play rvr was something to look forward to. as well. Imagine my dismay to find a higher rr player could stand next to me completely invisible and slaughter me before I could turn around. Add to that the pepople linking multiple toons (macro farmers) etc. and rvr was no fun unless a bg was up.There was always fun pve for fun items that might improve the characters. Now it's rote and buy. Dull. I'm hoping the free to play will bring back some of the early magic.
  • I don't think BS should have reduced XP earned from the BG quests as drastically as they did. It goes against the high risk yielding high reward approach. As stated by previous posters, all this will do is make BGs below Molvik dead. If the goal was to slow the XP gain so players didn't level out of BGs as quickly, then just curb the mob XP gain but keep the quest XP gain high since they're optional anyways. BS could also remove XP gain from the player kill quests so players can still earn BPs without receiving XP if they want to stay in the BGs for a prolonged period of time.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    I think taking away RA points is a giant mistake for EC accounts. Limiting them to no houses, no stealth and CL abilities is enough.

i also think letting any account no matter if currently subscribed should have the option of moving to EC.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
    I agree that the RA cap should be increased (100 points total, imo).

Based on their current model, if subscribers were able to move to EC instantly, then you would see many players bypass the class / race restrictions by subbing for a month. Therefore, it won't work without altering these restrictions.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
  • Should of went back in a way to 3 Battlegrounds: Thid, Molvik, and Cathal Valley. Still do town quests and increased XP bonuses in all the Classic dungeons. Just a thought.
  • So after 2 nights of playing my warden and defending keeps i would say the rp's are just terrible my guild at this point said they will probably not defend and more because of this. I even bought the 50% rp pot and it still sucks.

• Seems like some of you guys are also not terribly happy with the patch. I canceled my two accounts earlier today, and it's pretty sad considering the population, and how unlikely it seemed had you asked me what I expected that they would nerf BG XP quests that hard, but I just can't see paying the subs and having a miserable time because I am not getting what I need out of the time I have to play.

I know BG XP isn't everyone's reason for complaining, but for me it is miserable to be couped up in a dungeon grinding like it's 2005, and also I solo exclusively, and I'm not the only one. I don't want to have to group in order to finish dungeon quests etc, even if the xp is good. It's weird, it's like they are trying to make you have to play with friends which is so weird, so few people play that only some of us have friends. Is it just me or does that seem sort of out of touch from a design perspective?

• I reinstalled for the first night of EC. I was glad to see they are making an effort, but I think some of these changes are just missing the mark for me, unfortunately.

1. Even before the BG xp nerf it was pretty slow. Now it's a wall. I'm not sure why they've always gatekept the best side of this game behind a PvE grind. RvR is quite possibly the only real hook in the game, but you can't see it until you mindlessly grind for 20 hours.

2. Account limitations are awful. This game has always been somewhat Pay to Win in the form of buffbot accounts. That's bad enough. Taking the restrictions to this level just feels so punishing and petty to someone with an EC account. It goes beyond feeling Pay to Win (which is already a kiss of death to any modern MMOs, in case anyone hasn't been paying attention) and into being Punished for Not Paying territory.

I'll make a couple quick suggestions.

First, leveling in this game should just be a breeze. Make the entire 1-48 experience a functional tutorial, teaching new players about the simple basics of the game 1-10 and then the more complex details 11-48. Paced accordlingly, let's say 6 hours to hit 50. Then hit them with the King's Gear quest 48-50 and ship them out to the Frontier. Players begin learning their classes when they step foot into the RvR zones.

Second, placing restrictions and limitations on players who don't cough up money is the wrong approach. You have two kinds of players in the game, subbed and free. Instead of punishing the free players, reward the subbed players. This is a golden opportunity to hand out all kinds of monthly rewards to your subs. You could give them potions, scrolls, mounts, mithril, BPs, gear, cosmetics. Then hey, the free players see this stuff in game and feel enticed by it. So you open up shop and make some of it available in a mtx shop. I really believe this would yield much better results than charging your subs for their accounts AND charging them again for basic stuff in the mtx shop, and punishing players who don't pay.. basically leaving everyone feeling crappy.
  • Kelrahan wrote: »
    Second, placing restrictions and limitations on players who don't cough up money is the wrong approach. You have two kinds of players in the game, subbed and free. Instead of punishing the free players, reward the subbed players. This is a golden opportunity to hand out all kinds of monthly rewards to your subs. You could give them potions, scrolls, mounts, mithril, BPs, gear, cosmetics. Then hey, the free players see this stuff in game and feel enticed by it. So you open up shop and make some of it available in a mtx shop. I really believe this would yield much better results than charging your subs for their accounts AND charging them again for basic stuff in the mtx shop, and punishing players who don't pay.. basically leaving everyone feeling crappy.

Finally someone that gets it 100%. By slowing down xp, CLxp, and significantly increasing the cost of BPS they are forcing subbed players into a much slower and not as fun experience then before the patch.

So now I'm paying $30/month for my two accts and it's less fun with ALOT more hassle, but hay free stuff ...
  • was seeing player farming his "second" account down in the lab already lol
    I don't think i have RvR’d since the patch, im scared to see how much rp a person is worth vs killing someone pre-patch. All this loss of RP for the people who were live way before now are looking at taking their character never going up in rr anytime fast.

You know the way I’m thinking, roll down safe path and get rolled by multiple stealth. Roll down safe path get rolled by stealth again. Roll down safe path kill one of them and get 600rp. That to me is not worth trying to solo for the crap rp. Why try to do things when the reward i have been use to for going and trying things has been halved. Yet the competition is the same.

Maybe ill make it out of relic town one day.

GL
    Post edited by Snaillyn on
  • /shrug I might be of minority but I think rps has been way to high for way to long considering most of ppls rps is made by running over lesser numbers. Always felt there should be a risk reward system for rps any fight where u outnumber a opponent with unwinnable odds should yield 1 rp.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
    @Snaillyn Made 220k yesterday in about 2-2.5 hours in small/fg on my pally, sitting this week 467k, did start playing it 3 days ago. No stacking potion been used, just bug. Good, productive days be still very nice, defense RP bonuses still good, but I can see major decrease if someone got RPs by many player killing small groups just for quest completion. It's pretty OK so far.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • ^^ well @Gavner That sounds a whole lot better then what I have been reading.
  • @Boduke thats part of the problem, everyone wants advantages when they are out numbered, or to give other people who found a group and did the work of forming group to be all penalized in one way or the other. This is not a care-bear game, this game is red its dead. If you want some type of advantage you have to find it, not be handed it.
    @snaillyn what advantage does you not getting a **** ton of rps for 8v1ing me? If anything you groups are ones with carebear advantage with a multiplier for your rp split in group. Like I said in discord they want to get money from me gimme a option to buy Suicide pots from mith shop to deny rps to zergers
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
  • So @Boduke this is a game with no limit on population. 1 group of 8 people is a zerg? You have the solo perspective burnt into your brain, or just lack some normal skills to find/make a group to combat said 8 people who “zerg” you down. I have played in many, many groups and probably even played with or against all of them. It never bothers me when we are out numbered we try to take advantage of every possible perspective to win against groups or smalls or zergs, solos just are free money to keep the group happy. Then again, i have no idea how many people i have actually let go, pulled off, known soloer etc. Its all about rep, but i know for sure 100% of people see me on game an they do some pretty silly crap to get a death blow on me regardless if im solo or with 100 other people. That just the way it goes bruh.

TC
    My feedback on EC early days, which may possible be a really unpopular one:

EC Restrictions seems way too messy. Some things doesn't affect gameplay by alot, but so many little thing, that it seems even worse then it actually is. For someone returning, I think it's pretty hard to keep track of all of the limitations, which makes it feel more restricted then it is. I suggest to lower the limitation points, and make it clearly understandable.

Here is what i would probably limit down to from current live EC restrictions (my explanation below):
    - Class Restrictions
    - XP / Rp income lowered
    - No CL abilities can be trained
    - Design limitations (dye usage)
    - Not gaining Realm Skill Points up to rr2.
    - Can't use player crafted Supremacy Potions, EC buff-lines have a range

I think keeping the list short might help to easier understanding of what Sub bonuses grant you on top of seasonal gifts. Now here are my thoughts on those points:

Class Restrictions
    On new accounts it's pretty straightforward, and common things many FTP/Sub version game uses, also helps developer have control over which toons would be harmful to have too much of out on frontiers. Easy to adjust if they decide to seasonally allow players to create other classes if they are not played widely enough.

XP / Rp income lowered
    Kind of what currently is. Generally it's a good limitation if someone chooses to give some more effort, and work to be able to play for free, but still can have the same amount of fun in the game as Subbed players.

No CL abilities can be trained
    Already existing, fairly little restriction, but appealing for Subbing, I think that idea was quiet reasonable.

Design limitations (dye usage)
    Eyecandy is always a nice addition to gameplay for those who care, yet not so punishing, I think that's fine.

Not gaining Realm Skill Points up to rr2.
    Proposed over current Realm Skill Point cap. While most crucial RAs does fit in the current 60 RSP cap, I think a simple -10 RSP is fairly good way to keep appealing for those who already higher rank, or achieving higher rank then RR7.

Can't use player crafted Supremacy Potions, EC buff-lines have a range
    This simple change over ranged buffs would make EC players easier to get group, or be buffed by subbed buff-accounts. Since the whole incentive is to keep EC players around, and to make them happily spend some money on the game in the long run, they have to find the game fun. I think it's crucial for mostly Subbed player groups to be easier to play with EC players.

Summary
    Free to play should be fun, keep restrictions in, but make it easier to understand. Sadly nothings free in life, and to keep our beloved game floating, there have to be sacrifices made for those who don't want to spend on their entertainment. I think it's a nice never-ending trial which allows most new/former players to check out the game, and have fun.

What is also highly critiqued is XP, and BP income rates. For FTP players I think that's fair to expect some more effort put into their toons to keep it FTP. Regardless of FTP I think some of playerbase are upset on leveling/ml/cl rates because over the years this game has already lost it's sense of achievement of getting a character up to those.

I am aware that some are only interested in RvR, but this game didn't succeed only because of that long ago, PvE been part of the game too, like in many MMOs. I don't think it's good to take away the achievement of getting a char to endgame. It's partly past mistakes that everyone expects insta lvl 50/cl/ml which killed off that part of the game almost completely already, and will probably take time till people adjust to new rates, since many today expects to get to endgame in 6-8 hours, which makes the road to endgame feel empty or useless grind instead of being part of the game.

I also would like to have old currencies back, or rather since decisions already made, make ToA/Dragon Zone/Dungeons that did drop those currencies now also drop BP tokens. It was nice to have options where to go to farm, and content is already there, why not use it?

Sorry for the fairly long, and possibly unpopular feedback, just wanted to give my 2 cents explaining my thought-process. I wish good luck for all the EC players, and a big welcome back for those who rejoined DAoC!

Edit: Totally forgot about housing/crafting. Housing limitation is understandable, however allowing tradeskills would be fine.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • @Snaillyn does your 8man consider it a Zerg to fight 64ppl aka 8 grps kinda same odds as 8 on 1 hence the zerg comment. Well ofc ppl want your free ez rps if they find you solo after you Zerg them down. You seem to not understand I have no interest in spending the time to find 7 other ppl who play same time than spend days weeks months learning to play with them. Much easier to solo and it's not even about dying it's that you get rewarded so handsomely for it. Last week I think I was top 4 in deaths on my shaman but also top 1-2 in solo kills.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
  • @Boduke thats fine, if it makes you feel better I like to small man and side boob or back fat zerg, always killing more with less is what keeps me playing. Just not to long ago, me and a bud 2 manned hero’s 5man and he used hib ev tower to pop in an break dps/self heal and his group still died to 2 players. So the odds thing to me is fun, even when it’s lopsided in others favor. Crap, when first started on mid i was small man, run my 3-4 buddys right into 8-16 and take 1-4 with us. We all knew we was dying, but we all knew we were going to make some decent rps doing it. Who cares about irs or any of that on a vizzy anyway.

TC
  • We lost the buggaine quest there should be another quest to takes its place even if its just a 5k to 10k rp reward. The fights are still on ev but there really isn't a objective based quest to be swirling the island any more but there are still people and zergs running the island but I'm cool with that. I think we just need better rps for keep takes and defending, Plus Hib's cant get people out of CM to defend after last nights fights I logged with 35k to me that's weak. I also dont want to see any PVE based rp gain quests (Dopples cough cough) player kills only quests imo. So to be honest we dont truly fight for our realm we fight for the rewards to progress our toons I think the realm has always been a secondary issue. By tapering the flow of xp and rps for subbed players is just silly. EC players should have access to classic toons minus the stealth class if they want a SI toon let them buy it on the Mith merchant.
    As for the stealth nerf I am fine with that but at least un nerf the poisons give us a reason to put points back into that line or give us old viper back.

Well thats my 2 cents see you all on the battlefield

• I miss the realm population bonus. Please bring this back! Not just for RPs but to see how the population looks like at any given time
  • broke more than it fixed IMO
  • We need to give it a bit of time, people are still in the mindset of shutting down their brains and running between the same 3 towers for hours in a row.

I mean now people do crim to crau to crim to crau, wondering if they should do something else.
  • Here we go...

1) Let people have access to ALL of the Classes.
    How does a NEW player even know the details of classes they can't play?
    IMO, the trial account (7/14 days) was perfect to sample what DAoC has to offer
    Maybe give a time limit on a NON-EC class /played time
    If you want to pay-wall classes, maybe do it behind the cash shop and allow them to UNLOCK a class, realm or ALL CLASSES
    Allow returning folks to play ALL their characters for a limited /played time frame.
    If they wish to continue playing they either sub or PAY for the class, realm or ALL unlock from the cash shop

2) Let people play ALL of the Races
    Same as above

3) Endless Conquest
    Allow players to continue to play EC with unlocks to various parts of the game
    Class Unlocks (single Class/Realm Classes/ALL Classes)
    Race Unlocks (single Race/Realm Races/ALL Races)
    ML/CL unlocks per character (already in the game)
    RR/RP/XP unlocks per character
    Crafting unlocks per character
    REMOVE the 180 days/6 months time barrier for subbing then going EC
    Housing unlock per character/realm/account

4) New/Returning players
    A special 'Welcome back to DAoC/Welcome New Players' package
    Package for $10 that gives you access to the full game for 30 days
    Purchasable from the cash-shop or Web page
    After the 30 days, goes back to EC immediately
    Give more game time options like 7/14 days instead of just 30 days
    This allows flexibility for players that have limited time
    Allows players to 'CHECK OUT' the game after an absence for any recent changes

5) Subs
    Give subs a mithril stipend per month (500/month is the usual for F2P games)
    Can use for anything in the mithril shop
    Gives them the ability to choose what they want to purchase
    Bonus XP/RP
    Maybe Pots or just a bonus to the account
    Maybe mounts that they have access to (Only while subbed)

6) QoL
    Unlimited free respecs until level 50
    /train command (or something similar)
    Can be used anywhere outside of combat
    Crafting queuing system
    Buying materials UPTO a certain amount
    Crafting a certain amount of items
    Crafting is shared between ALL characters on a particular Realm
    Shared Vault
    With 5 pages
    Maybe something also purchasable on the cash-shop/web page
    Shared Gold/BPs
    Per Realm

These are my suggestion thus far. Please feel free to comment on anything mentioned above.

Cheers!

SagaciousOne
  • KoeKoe
    edited November 2019 PM
    Boduke wrote: »
    @snaillyn what advantage does you not getting a **** ton of rps for 8v1ing me? If anything you groups are ones with carebear advantage with a multiplier for your rp split in group. Like I said in discord they want to get money from me gimme a option to buy Suicide pots from mith shop to deny rps to zergers

I would totally buy a 30 charge suicide pot for 500-1000m but I think it would be bad for the game as a whole.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Wow. I would hate to be BS. All i see are crying post about every little thing they do. Add timers people cry ( like me). Dont add long enough timer people cry. Cut. Rps that have been heavily inflated and guess what people cry. Offer f2p with limitations and cheapskates what more for free. they cut xp bonuses. In 2001 it took me 3 months get 50. Now its a couple of days
    Not a big deal. People need to just stop complaining about everything and enjoy the game while its still around.
    Minibard wrote: »
    Not a big deal. People need to just stop complaining about everything and enjoy the game while its still around.

It's 2020 we are living in the future of what is DAOC. If you are business that operates in this space then you have to keep the consumers interested in your product.

i.e. Is it wrong to ask for an MMO "Cash shop" that is reasonably priced and value added, without "Forcing" paying subs or slowing down their current experiences. Meaning significantly slowing down CLxp, normal XP, and also increasing ML1-10 to 450,000 bps.

Note: without your CL's you are missing significant hit points, without your ML's you are missing significant abilities.

Kinda weird how the daily quest RPS went away all the sudden and now you can buy a magical token in the Cash shop that stacks with buggane buff...

Post edited by Fateboi on
  • should qive free accounts all their ra points imo, my rr11 only qettin like half of the ra's i had when i played before is kinda dumb and i def would never play if i couldn't pay and was waiting on f2p to return
  • Again it's not just me if you read Discord there are loads of "Vet accounts" that are experiencing the slow down. Most of us are paying $15/30 USD per month and being effected.

eo7cve84hbur.png
    Despite my constant criticism of BS, I think EC and the most recent patch are fine. My only gripes are the limited class / race choices and the RSP cap. I strongly suggest that all classic classes (except for stealthers) and races should be accessible while keeping expansion classes and races behind the sub wall. The RSP cap should be increased to 100 (RR 11) as it allows for EC players to flesh out their characters without losing utility due to the lower cap. Anything beyond this RR is primarily used for optimizing as gaining those ranks tends to be a large time investment.

The MTX options aren't horrible and no one is forced to use them. We've been spoiled with the huge XP and RP bonuses. Spending a day leveling and/or gearing out a character is still leagues better than the old school days. Some people are literally complaining about spending a few extra hours on something that took days. I understand there are players that struggle to find time to play and don't want to use it grinding when they want to just RvR. But the reality is, this game is an MMO and MMOs are time sinks. The barrier to RvR is the lowest it has ever been in DAoC history without i50 which you can still buy if you value a few hours of your time over $60.

Edit: Remove the 7 days /played requirement for returning players. We need the population.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
  • Still working too hard and playing too long for too few realm points.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    Wow. I would hate to be BS. All i see are crying post about every little thing they do. Add timers people cry ( like me). Dont add long enough timer people cry. Cut. Rps that have been heavily inflated and guess what people cry. Offer f2p with limitations and cheapskates what more for free. they cut xp bonuses. In 2001 it took me 3 months get 50. Now its a couple of days

Bit more harsh then what would have said, but right. People get something free, I expected the backlash to get even more free stuff. DAoC is not a huge game that would live off by simple Cosmetics, it's a sub based game. It's nice to have people back, but it's a free version, I would expect the inconvenience to get something free that otherwise costs money. The current EC limitations while I think a bit complicated, but not unreasonable. Recently this forum is just QQ, while theres still room to improvement (always be), games at a better state then it was 2 years ago, and can be played for free.

Give decent feedback instead of rabid complaining, it's really early in EC, they might change up things that they find reasonable.
  • Was looking forward to coming back after seeing the EC being released and dusting off my old characters from years ago. My play time is limited due to RL, so the free option was appealing.

Disappointed to find that I cannot play my original main classes - Thane, Warrior and Skald in Midgard, and Reaver in Albion. Seems to be more healer/caster focused for chars (apart from dual-wield), so might have to roll a Zerker or carry on with a free version of the game.
  • Why cant you? @shanison. The limits on certsin characters i think only effects new accounts
  • Returning accounts can play all classes and races per. Patch notes.

Instead of complaining people need reading skills
  • If they are rr7 with 7 plus played days. Should probably read the whole ec guidelines before criticizing someone for reading comprehension.
  • Exactly. You should. Nothing about having to be rr7. Thats the limit on Ras.

The characer is not an EC-enabled race and class combination
    The character is level 15 or above
    The character has 7-days of in-game play time or more
    The character was created on or before the launch of Endless Conquest

There are yiur restrictions