BS can you delete the whole housing zones and put a trading npc in capital city

BS can you delete the whole housing zones and put a trading npc in capital city
Tagged:

Comments

• At this point I think it would be easier to just start over.
  • This is weird. Why?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • i dont care about housing zone, houses trophys and so on, i mean if someone wants it you can leave it as it is, but remove the merchants from the houses.

its annonying to search items, port different ywains just to find out that the merchant holds to much money.

wouldnt it be much more efficient if you just search in one merchant and buy and sell from him? like in most other games
  • So like an auction house kind of market?
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • omg that would be great :#
    auction system, and option for insta purchase
  • maybe you could add a npc next to it who sell similar items like mansion deeds, for 100p
    and when you buy from the auction merchant they count like 100p also
  • "maybe you could add a npc next to it who sell similar items like mansion deeds, for 100p
    and when you buy from the auction merchant they count like 100p also"

I dont see why u would a token for buying/auctions, to what end?..plz explain

• because the platin cap is 200, and some items are "worth" more these days
    only way to wear or trade more is with mansion deeds, but they are worth just 25p / each
  • !. NF map doesn't reflect action in housing 2....
  • So like an auction house kind of market?

If you do this, have it be listing fee only or no fee at all. In other games charging a fee (10-20% of the sold price) has just driven item prices up.

Really the fee in the current system is silly, it should also be removed. This would immediately solve the issue of full merchants as you wouldn't have to take the time to run to someones house to find out you cant buy the item. If we could just buy for no fee right from housing it would make the current system already that much better.
  • aye the "merchant fee" was meant to be a plat sink, but with the gross inflation of prices in game, i dont think a merchant fee should be required anymore
  • this fee is totaly useless because you can buy without fee
    but because of the "holding to much money" and this 10 ywains you have to port it should be removed ofc..

but i prefare a auction trader npc in capital city

• Some kind of option to hide items from merchant that are full should be nice indeed
    Daoc Moderator
    Modérateur forums / Français

Rejoignez le serveur Discord officiel: >> HERE <<
    Souscrivez à la newsletter >> HERE <<
    Chan officiel pour twitch: >> HERE <<

N'hésitez pas à me contacter en cas de problème.
    If you have any issue, just send a message.
  • If merchant is full ... items shouldn't show up when you search. Or, let merchants hold more than 200p? Seems like an easy fix but I bet the coding is so weird they don't want to mess with it.

I personally like the look of my house and spent hours setting it up and getting the trophies (although I don't think I've messed with them since like 2008) So, they can't just delete housing. They would also need to create a bank with TONS more space, because I use all the vaults for storage in my houses and multiple mule characters already.

My biggest gripe is the full merchants after running to them... I think if you put a fix for that in the game, it would make a lot of people happy.
    Tral
  • full merchants after running to them is the only real problem

the rest is just the need for instant everything for the new generations ..!...!..
  • Auction would be great. I refuse to run and will pay the price for the item with the mark up.

Please, for all that is holy, do not place it in the capital cities until the crashing bug in Jord is fixed.
  • Jak wrote: »
    Auction would be great. I refuse to run and will pay the price for the item with the mark up.

Please, for all that is holy, do not place it in the capital cities until the crashing bug in Jord is fixed.

LOL @ refusing to run... some of the houses are like right next to the center market, none are more than 1-2 min run away.

You're not me... I'm not you, do what you want I guess!
    Tral
  • Search with a toon that has no money, this has been the work around for MANY years.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Search with a toon that has no money, this has been the work around for MANY years.

It's a good tip but the system is still borked.
  • and it doesnt work if the price including fee is over 200p
  • Ewer wrote: »
    So like an auction house kind of market?

If you do this, have it be listing fee only or no fee at all. In other games charging a fee (10-20% of the sold price) has just driven item prices up.

Really the fee in the current system is silly, it should also be removed. This would immediately solve the issue of full merchants as you wouldn't have to take the time to run to someones house to find out you cant buy the item. If we could just buy for no fee right from housing it would make the current system already that much better.

This ^^

Also no like button makes this whole forum annoying
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Ewer wrote: »
    So like an auction house kind of market?

This ^^

Also no like button makes this whole forum annoying

yes
  • Theres a few things mentioned here that we'll be looking to address in our future housing patch yeah, no timeline but it won't be this year as were focused on 1.125 and Endless Conquest.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • They should put the trader in the frontier towns. Make a house with 8 vaults in it and make the vaults universal to the chars on your account so that you can have storage. Make it a pay feature meaning ftp don't get a vault unless they pay. I agree housing isn't important anymore. People just go to housing for storage and shopping.
  • Calconious wrote: »
    Jak wrote: »
    Auction would be great. I refuse to run and will pay the price for the item with the mark up.

LOL @ refusing to run... some of the houses are like right next to the center market, none are more than 1-2 min run away.

You're not me... I'm not you, do what you want I guess!

:smiley: Yep, you are not me and thanks for telling me I can do what I want. Ruunnn like the wind to get your loot, I will pay the mark up prices.

But really, don't put that kind of stuff in until you fix the crashing bugs.
  • Theres a few things mentioned here that we'll be looking to address in our future housing patch yeah, no timeline but it won't be this year as were focused on 1.125 and Endless Conquest.

All you need to do it disable to 20% fee so people can buy from the entrance. It doesn't solve the problem of full merchants but it does solve the problem of wasting 10 minutes just to discover a merchant is full. Its a good band-aid until housing can be seriously looked at and hopefully wouldn't take much effort to implement.
  • you cant fix the full merchant problem unless you dont mind having your merchant suddenly unlisted when its at 150p-200p, otherwise NO merchant will ever be at 200p even. i dont like the AH option, if i want that then ill go play wow...if you want that, go play wow
  • I'd like to see a color addition system on the listed item
    The colour would change depending on how much money the merchant is holding
    Daoc Moderator
    Modérateur forums / Français

Rejoignez le serveur Discord officiel: >> HERE <<
    Souscrivez à la newsletter >> HERE <<
    Chan officiel pour twitch: >> HERE <<

N'hésitez pas à me contacter en cas de problème.
    If you have any issue, just send a message.
  • you cant fix the full merchant problem unless you dont mind having your merchant suddenly unlisted when its at 150p-200p, otherwise NO merchant will ever be at 200p even. i dont like the AH option, if i want that then ill go play wow...if you want that, go play wow

yes if you need daoc items to buy, you should play wow, good idea...
  • How about /explorer?