In-game harrassment - PMs sent bashing you and/or your guild

I know BS/Mythic/EA (whoever owns this thing these days) will never do anything about this issue but I figured it would be fun to start posting all of these ridiculous PMs we get in BGs. Most of these come in Molvik and it happens to people on all 3 realms (not just to me). I probably get about 1-2 a day, especially if I play on a toon that isn't /anon. Putting your toons to /anon stops the harassment but why should I have to change my settings to accommodate someone that is clearly breaking the TOS? I played on a toon today I haven't played on in probably 2 years but within 6 minutes of being logged on I had the message below sent to me. You can't respond to them in order to ask them to stop as they log off or have their toon set to /anon so you can't respond. And trying to /ignore them is futile as they just use a different toon the next time they do it.

So here is the first name I'd like to start the list with along with a screenshot proving the harassment. The offending toon's name is LARAICEEMZS. I'll continue to post here along with the offending toon's name and screenshots proving the harassment.

t11inzemve6u.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• Thank you Valtar, this is under investigation. The best course of action in future is to report it ingame as violation report, or you can send me a message with the name, date and what happened.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Name #2 on the list is now SINOSHNAR. Playing Alb - Molv now and this lovely message came in.

uzvntycwg8ej.png

• funny how I make the same post about the mods friend doing the same and it is instantly taken down and removed

but these are perfectly fine heh, ego-modding at its finest

1zyv4hf.jpg
    (I don't do heroin or have ever shot up lol)

he was mad I told him to watch @lithlets bd video cuz he sucks on his lol
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    funny how I make the same post about the mods friend doing the same and it is instantly taken down and removed

1zyv4hf.jpg

lol wow
    Daniellson - Healer
  • The in-game harassment that I've experienced that is the most frustrating is when someone continually creates a temporary toon and sends a private message and then deletes the toon.

People do say things in region and in tells that they don't always mean in the heat of the moment. The more public the statement i.e. in region the less it would be harassment and more expressing rage or trolling. Harassment is defined as to disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually; pester; persecute.

Report it using the appropriate channels and enjoy the rest of your day :)
    fe69fbpiq5z3.jpg

Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • So i informed GM Shileah over discord on this exact same problem that I have. If you need more names for identification purposes, check image below. This is only a fraction of /sends that i've received over the last 3-4 months. I've received atleast double the amount you see here, only started documenting this recently.

vqj5wo8lj9tl.png
  • The salt is real. Definitely see a reoccurring theme here with the LMAO comments.

My buddy and I used to duo in Molvik a lot in the early 2010s before the BG quest additions. We used to get tells similar to these during those times. Don't let salty people dissuade you from playing how you want.

Keep the screenshots coming. Maybe the salt will dilute out a bit.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • One of the main reasons I've asked Broadsword to please implement /ignore account;) I've dealt with the worse cyberbullying/ sexual harassment /harassment attacks in game, coming from MULTIPLE players=/ including those who you'd think.. "but so and so would never" .. they make several random toons to continue their harassment=/ even after you /ignore all their known toons. Trial accounts should not be given the /send command either;) will make it so that they can't use trial accts to continue harassments as well.
    <3Baby;)
    Baby-Friar
    Babe-Reaver
    Babys-Warden
    Babydoll-Shaman
  • Baby wrote: »
    One of the main reasons I've asked Broadsword to please implement /ignore account;) I've dealt with the worse cyberbullying/ sexual harassment /harassment attacks in game, coming from MULTIPLE players=/ including those who you'd think.. "but so and so would never" .. they make several random toons to continue their harassment=/ even after you /ignore all their known toons. Trial accounts should not be given the /send command either;) will make it so that they can't use trial accts to continue harassments as well.

These are good ideas. Especially the /ignore account suggestion.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Thank you again @Anesur!

Should you (or anyone else) receive sends like that in Molvik in future, please do let me know and send me a message here or on Discord with the name, time and date.

Regarding unwanted contact from players - as a general note, please tell them to stop contacting you, then place them on your /ignore list, and should they try to circumvent the ignore filter by contacting you again with a different, let our Customer Support Team know by placing an /appeal with the necessary information (what happened, when did it happen, who did it, and who was the character they contacted you with before)!

Restricting trial accounts from using send would make communicating for them even more difficult, keep in mind they already do not have access to all communication channels. That said, since trial accounts have been disabled, this shouldn't be an issue anymore going forward.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • This came in today (1/18/2019) while I was playing Hib/Molv. Rough time around 2:30pm - 2:35pm EST.

snbhs2559ouf.png

@Lea_Broadsword Here's a suggestion to qwell this little issue: Make a TRIAL CHAT CHANNEL and disable pretty much everything else. This way it can either be selected (for all the actual trial peeps) but those that don't want to see any of that chat can de-select it. Done deal...!
  • One has to guess what their lives must be like to behave like this!
  • Sounds like some peeps can't handle the /release lmfao.

Although most of this is PG compared to the good ol' Mordred days, it still isn't acceptable to harass anyone to that extent for any reason.

BAN THEM!
  • B)
    Huehuaehue wrote: »
    funny how I make the same post about the mods friend doing the same and it is instantly taken down and removed

1zyv4hf.jpg

Not surprising, but is pathetic. Toxic player gets banned multiple times for vile insults to paying customers. BS rewards him. Interesting business choice.

Just a side note, Lithlet is great solo'er - maybe the best B)
  • he got laughed off the game by the donkeys, it was the biggest embarrassment in the history of daoc LOL
  • Kat wrote: »
    B)

1zyv4hf.jpg

Not surprising, but is pathetic. Toxic player gets banned multiple times for vile insults to paying customers. BS rewards him. Interesting business choice.

Wait a minute - they even made Enk the spotlight of the community and emailed it to everyone.
    THanks @John_Broadsword and @Carol_Broadsword
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    B)

1zyv4hf.jpg

Wait a minute - they even made Enk the spotlight of the community and emailed it to everyone.
    THanks @John_Broadsword and @Carol_Broadsword

Keep ur toxicity in region/game.
  • oinkv aka oinkertons, the definition of why you don't spend your life lieing to impress your friends

because truth always outs :D

bad player makes fun of people who rip him
    bad player lies to impress his friends
    bad player calls himself the best, selling his soul to the rippers just to impress the nobodys who don't know any better
    bad player player makes fun of someone he says is crappy in game, (yet rips him LOL) for being ugly and weak with a crap job
    ugly and weak player with a crap job, posts vids of his greasy muscles and military job
    bad player refuses to post his pic back
    ugly and weak player DOMINATES bad player on every char he has and post vids
    bad player runs away and refuses to post hiding like a coward

hands down biggest embarrassment in the history of daoc LOL
  • Flop is my mentor :)

lwkzgld2qqiq.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !