Hibs hitting KM

I respect the balls you had during this fight. KM isn't a fun keep to hit.
That was a really good battle effort put out from both sides.
Logged my thane on and made 60k in 15-20 minutes ;)

To whomever is leading hibs I would like to say thank you and keep it up. I really enjoy the tri realm battles.
Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
Tagged:

Comments

• That was my BG. There may have been a Hib 8man or two with as well. You guys definitely did a good job holding KM. Assisted my Bard (Shaylon) down quick each time I went for the push. We finally got in on the third attempt but you guys held your ground really well.

The three way fights during US prime have been a blast the past few weeks. Hib has quite the population now, probably in large part due to the relics and Holidays. Regardless, tonight was lots of fun. Kept us Hibs on our toes between both Alb and Mid BGs. I hope action like tonight continues well passed the Holiday season.

See you on the battlefield.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I appreciate you taking on the tedious task of leading a BG especially on hib.

And I agree, I hope you guys can maintain a good population after holidays.

Keep kicking ass brotha. Have a good one :)

>Daoc Videos<
  • I think the conclusion if that hit at KM was that holy crap mids have a lot of STs... felt like every time we pushed 3 STs would drop at the ramp.
  • You’re not wrong at all. But I feel absolutely no pity. Hibs dominate the keep defense game so I am ok giving you little rats a taste of your own medicine ahah.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Was a fun fight at KM. We thought we were wiped when y’all made the last push but rebounded and recovered. 37k bonus was very nice at the end too :smiley:
    Daniellson - Healer
  • Just when I templated my chanter and animist, hibs population booms :(

Guess Inwint be playing my hibs just yet
  • There is a boom, but there is a ton of hopping...watch the Bonus #'s jump around is just crazy...while some fun fights, it's kinda silly
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Xyorman wrote: »
    There is a boom, but there is a ton of hopping...watch the Bonus #'s jump around is just crazy...while some fun fights, it's kinda silly

Yeah, I've watched the bonuses jump around each night and the BG numbers jump around each fight. I'm all for a short Realm timer to dissuade people from hopping between BGs during prime hours. I used to hop from Hib to Alb in the past after Hero logged when he ran US prime. Now, I just keep the momentum going. Depending how Endless Conquest goes, this may be less of an issue in the future.

At the moment, I'm glad we have all three Realms out in force even if it's mainly on the weekends.

Edit: spelling
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    Xyorman wrote: »
    There is a boom, but there is a ton of hopping...watch the Bonus #'s jump around is just crazy...while some fun fights, it's kinda silly

Yeah, I've watched the bouses jump around each night and the BG numbers jump around each fight. I'm all for a short Realm timer to dissuade people from hopping between BGs during prime hours. I used to hop from Hib to Alb in the past after Hero logged when he ran US prime. Now, I just keep the momentum going. Depending how Endless Conquest goes, this may be less of an issue in the future.

At the moment, I'm glad we have all three Realms out in force even if it's mainly on the weekends.

It's wiped the realm aspect of the game, I doubt Endless Conquest will address the issue or cause the Devs to, who knows --- boredom will cause it to shift around, perhaps, again,who knows, already too many reasons to run to the bigger zerg or, in essence, Pve for <now> BP's --- see what happens <shrug>
    Post edited by Xyorman on
    A 15 minute timer would be ideal imo. Gain 1 rp. Wait 15 minutes. By then the action you wanted to swap for is gone or moved on.
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
  • 30mins timer will do it imo.
  • I think 30 is a bit lengthy. But 10 minutes would fix the issues and not be too much of an annoyance for the people actually wanting to switch realms for legitimate reasons.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Yeah 30 is a bit much, because sometimes realm « hopping » is better for balance (when us prime mid bg logs, some hibs can swap to alb/mid).

10-15 minutes seems like a good idea, time for a bio, drink refill, then start on new realm
  • 15 minutes is probably the best based on alot of the posts. I don’t switch realms and think we Hibs might have lost 1 of the relics if this would have been in place.
  • I support the idea of a realm timer. Time is the factor though. Too long and you'll piss the majority off. Too short of a timer and it serves little to no purpose. I'd support something as small as a 5 minute timer. Anything that would deter the habitual realm jumpers from changing with the tides
  • I've seen all the arguments for a realm timer (and I support the concept). What are the arguments against having one? I'm asking in the hope that by reviewing those arguments a better case can be made for the realm timers.

Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • The DEVS seem to feel timers are not wanted, yet most seem to --- disconnect mostly I guess
  • Selective hearing is more likely though
  • Siambra wrote: »
    I've seen all the arguments for a realm timer (and I support the concept). What are the arguments against having one? I'm asking in the hope that by reviewing those arguments a better case can be made for the realm timers.

The biggest argument that I hear is the "I pay to play the whole game not just 1/3 of it" Personally I would love to see a 15 minute timer.
  • I think a 30 minute realm timer is needed. 15 seems too short. But there should be a 1rp minimum to initiate the realm timer.
  • 30 min minimum timer, 1hr would be great. Would be nice if this could get implemented. :)
  • Daelin wrote: »
    I think a 30 minute realm timer is needed. 15 seems too short. But there should be a 1rp minimum to initiate the realm timer.

^^
  • Wait, I thought it was said that the community does not want it. What I am seeing here, is the opposite. Hmmm, curious.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    As I posted in another thread about this, I honestly don't care if they implement realm switch timers. However, in regards to this post:
    Siambra wrote: »
    I've seen all the arguments for a realm timer (and I support the concept). What are the arguments against having one? I'm asking in the hope that by reviewing those arguments a better case can be made for the realm timers.
    I would like to say that I honestly don't think there will be much of a difference if you do implement one.

There is 2 ways to implement a realm timer. One, and the most likely, would be account based. So if I'm playing on X account, and decided to switch to a toon on a different realm on that same account it would trigger the realm timer. Sounds great, except that most people that I play with have more than one account. So now instead of them switching realms on account X instead they just switch by logging on account Y instead. So it does nothing for those people.

The other way they could do this is based on ISP, which I would seriously doubt they do because if they did that then people that have multiple players in one house would only be able to play 1 realm together. For example, if I had a room mate that played and he wanted to play Mid and I was playing and wanted to play Hib we wouldn't be able to. Which makes me think that would never happen.

Those are my only 2 arguments against it. Also, I realize that recently it has seemed frustrating to the Mids during American prime time to get shut down as people on Albion switched to Hib to gain some rp's in a defense, it won't be long when the winter breaks end for people, population drops again, and we will be back to a 50-80 person BG fighting a much smaller bg's and when that happens I'm all for not having realm timers so people can put together a bg big enough to compete. It's the typical double edged sword.

Honestly, the biggest reason I would be in favor of realm timers would be to stop the people that log over after a fight to talk smack or complain.

Again, I don't care either way. Just playing devils advocate here.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • We said we didn't want them, and for various reasons.

This was during a previous Q&A and is pretty much where we are with it still, though not blind to the reasons and such that it's coming up a lot more currently, and is something we're continually discussing.
    With regard to realm loyalty, what is your position on loyalty bonuses and realm timers? (Kahzee, BeefZerkee, Thor, Murmerz, CDPL, Solicfire,, Krakulf, Neikath)

John: Realm loyalty is something the team has discussed and gone back and forth on several times over the past few years. We would love to have a system in place that would reward people for staying in one realm without it feeling like it’s a penalty if don’t do that, and that’s kind of the crux of the problem. We’re trying to come up with a solution, we’re always open to feedback on that. If we can come up with a good solution, and we can fit it into the schedule, then absolutely we would add something like that to the game.

For the realm timers, pretty against that at this point based on feedback from the past and how we’ve tried having a long realm timer, we’ve tried having short realm timers, and shorter is just the way to go.

We don't prefer the penalty route. Also please note that every playstyle opinion is a valid opinion and anything we do or don't do has to take into consideration the whole game not just one playstyle, one primetime, one situation, one circumstance, etc (in general terms)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Wrong thread.

Go, go gadget Hibbies! =P
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on