Step by step guide to streaming daoc on twitch?

Hi all,

Since twitch streaming can help bring lots of visibility to Daoc and attract new players, can anyone post a good guide of what software and hardware to use to be able to stream on twitch with voice and video cam?

I know it’s a bit more complicated than just logging on twitch and requires special software and hardware (HD webcam, Boom mic etc). Would be helpful if some recommendations for these can be posted as well.

Thanks!
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs
Tagged:

Comments

• OBS is probably the most popular streaming software. As to hardware, the BlueYeti microphone and the Logitech C920 webcam are recommended a lot.

OBS has an auto adjusting feature which usually works pretty well!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • edited July 2018 PM
    I don't stream but as for recommendations on webcam and mic I've seen many Twitch streamers using the Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam as it's not too expensive (various websites have it for $50) and I personally use the Blue Yeti USB microphone with both a foam mudder and a pop filter. I have had zero problems with that mic and it sounds very clear. I bought mine on a black friday deal for $80.
    Post edited by Daelin on
  • Yeah OBS or Stream Labs version of OBS (it has all the alert stuff added in, with OBS gotta add that yourself). I've just got headphones with built in mic and don't use a webcam.

I'd advise start small and if you like it and want to keep doing it/go further, then expand your tools!

There's a bit of a how-to guide here on PC. It's very easy to get started.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • SymSym
    edited July 2018 PM
    Great thanks! On a separate note, has broadsword looked into partnering ($$$) with top gamers on twitch to bring more awareness to daoc? If someone with 500k followers is seen playing daoc, that can bring many new people in. It’s like Justin Bieber seen wearing your shoe brand on instagram and then sales explode.

@Carol_Broadsword any thoughts on this?
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • YOutube has many videos on setting up OBS..

• Sym wrote: »
    Great thanks! On a separate note, has broadsword looked into partnering ($$$) with top gamers on twitch to bring more awareness to daoc? If someone with 500k followers is seen playing daoc, that can bring many new people in. It’s like Justin Bieber seen wearing your shoe brand on instagram and then sales explode.

@Carol_Broadsword any thoughts on this?

Apologies was sick, this is something I have on my list to look into but no details further than that right now.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Let us know how the community can help? It’s quite easy to find gaming influencers on YouTube and twitch.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Sym wrote: »
    Let us know how the community can help? It’s quite easy to find gaming influencers on YouTube and twitch.

Yeah, but you gotta find one worthwhile. You can buy screen time, but ideally it's with somebody whose community isn't just going to **** on the game and turn it into a meme... which isn't as easy as it sounds.

First things first - clean your house so you can invite guests over.

Also, what would they stream? A new player streaming would likely just be seeing the leveling areas and some BG grinding or watching the person playing just sort of blunder around watching low quality PvE. If the person doesn't play the game, there is almost a zero chance they'll find any success in PvP/RvR even if you set them up with a fully templated RR13 character. Best bet is to toss them along with a zerg, or give them an accompaniment just so people on the stream can watch something else other than the guy getting stream sniped coming down EV safeport :sweat_smile:
  • Yeah it would totally have to be scripted.
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
  • Okay this thread is bogus, lol no one actually posted a step by step guide. Note the title of this thread. So here is my question. I have used Twitch and OBS and I cannot figure out how to make it capture DAOC. The window is there and I can click on it but it does not pull the video into twitch or OBS.
    p87455qk7th1.png
    This is the only DAOC window it shows. Note it is game.dll not an exe. Not sure how to make this function. I stream several other games with no issues.
  • Budikah wrote: »
    Sym wrote: »
    Let us know how the community can help? It’s quite easy to find gaming influencers on YouTube and twitch.

Yeah, but you gotta find one worthwhile. You can buy screen time, but ideally it's with somebody whose community isn't just going to **** on the game and turn it into a meme... which isn't as easy as it sounds.

First things first - clean your house so you can invite guests over.

Also, what would they stream? A new player streaming would likely just be seeing the leveling areas and some BG grinding or watching the person playing just sort of blunder around watching low quality PvE. If the person doesn't play the game, there is almost a zero chance they'll find any success in PvP/RvR even if you set them up with a fully templated RR13 character. Best bet is to toss them along with a zerg, or give them an accompaniment just so people on the stream can watch something else other than the guy getting stream sniped coming down EV safeport :sweat_smile:

Is there anything to show with such a low population or has it gotten better?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus