Dragon's Curse Campaign really needs looking at before Endless Conquest arrives!

There is many issue's with this campaign that need to be addressed across the 3 realms. I can only give feedback on what I've seen on Hibernia but other realms are welcome to address their issue's about this Campaign to.

1. BG grantcredit is becoming ever more needed due to people getting left behind. This is because players go link dead or they didn't get credit due to the encounter was bugged for them. We need this to be addressed before the Endless conquest or i can tell you now and what I've witnessed is that new and returning players will struggle to get this campaign done.

2. These NPC's are buggy due to when someone tries to click on the highlighted text, it doesn't work. Instead they have to /say the commands out. This shouldn't be happening and needs to be corrected and fixed. Also Chapter 4 is a real pain for some players because ONE, When players are trying to speak to Salle about the Marauder it doesn't always work, TWO, Essence credits are buggy where some players don't get essences or click on them and don't get credit. THREE people get left behind because they haven't got 25 essences because it's bugged.

3. Mob difficulty: There should be colours like previous campaigns to tell us what mobs are hard and easy.

4. To many quests: There far to many quests for this campaign where players don't have a clue what is chapters and side quests. This needs to be clearer in journals and should be labelled CHAPTER 1, CHAPTER 2 etc by [Curse] Steps. This would defiantly help!

5. Mob Respawn timers: I don't get why their is a 45 minute timer on encounters??? Make it 5 minutes! If Carol wasn't online it would take up to 45 minutes to wait until a boss appears. Also if Carol can respawn why can't CSR's do the same?

6. Group Steps: The issue i've been seeing is players can't complete the campaign because grouping players up for the group steps is difficult especially if you aren't in a guild that is not prepared to do them or if it's a new/returning player in the starting guild. Also, you need a pretty good group with the right classes to complete it. This i think could be toned down a little especially chapter 9.

7. Falling through the floor: To many players when I've been on Dragon Curse raids keep falling through the floor of the rift and they can't get with the battlegroup because they are all the way deep into the rift when they do fall through it. This is again another problem and thanks to Carol we've managed to keep them with the bg but again another thing could be fixed.

All in all I just feel we need to sort these issue's out quick before the Endless Conquest comes out or players will quit. Many players have shown there frustration about this campaign and it's not being addressed. I do understand Broadsword have many other things on their mind but if you want players to stay in a game you have to fix these things. I'm not speaking for myself here but I'm speaking to what I've witnessed and what players have said to me. There is many times where I just wanna not do the campaign anymore because it's so frustrating.

I hope Broadsword will listen and have a plan to improve this campaign!
Tagged:

Comments

• I particularly liked clicking on my call salle icon and the recall scroll porting me to nf. And the 'always favorite' of releasing to city before talking to prince. Maybe the Curse should be named EndlessProblems?
  • So far I have not been able to complete it on any character, any realm due to bugs. Luckily I have been able to get around it and still template my characters adequately. When it gets to the point I can no longer template without doing these buggy broken campaigns I will stop paying my subscriptions. So far I have had enough plat to get my items, I will not however buy timecodes to trade for plat to get gear in order to compete. Paying for broken content that doesn't work is getting old really fast.
  • It's pathetic, and you shouldn't be saying things like "I do understand Broadsword have many other things on their mind..." because they don't. There are many easy quick fixes they could have done to help us along on the Curse campaign but they have done absolutely nothing. As a dev I would be utterly embarrassed at my company and at myself. The least they could have done is publicly acknowledged that they AT LEAST know that the curse campaign is littered with bugs and too long/difficult but they don't even have the decency to do that.
  • We have made a lot of changes based on what we've seen, what players have asked for, and generally fixing any issues reported to us. To say we've done nothing is wholly untrue and just bashing for the sake of bashing. We've constantly made changes and fixes, so please try to keep things civil and accurate, it doesn't help anyone to throw out random things that suit your own agenda of bashing the devs for any reason you feel like and making blatant false statements.

1 - I do not see us adding a grantcredit for various reasons but that answer isn't set in stone and I would like to discuss it more. The stability issues are ongoing and we hope to have them addressed soon with Patch 1.125. I know this is a very broad answer but I just don't have the technical details to share.

What encounter was bugged and how? Reporting an encounter as bugged is great, please keep doing it, but it'd help to have more information if you have it, on how and what happened. I'm not asking you to do all the work, but to help me/us get the right things addressed in the right way.

2 - I have gone through a list of the ones on Hib that weren't responding to me so I'll get them checked. I don't know if I got them all but hope I did. Are there any on Alb/Mid that also don't respond?

The Marauder is ch3, is this the one you mean? When you say when they try speak to her about it, do you mean the highlight text isn't clicky, or it is but doesn't award the step credit? I'm not trying to be annoying here, but again just need to know what the actual issue is other than just "it's bugged"

Essences drop if you've the buff up from Salle and kill certain mobs, not all mobs. I'll check this but from what I know it's a chance to drop not a guaranteed drop, but again I'll check it. It's also small radius to collect, melee range (we have said this before in case anyone thinks this is new news). People need to pay attention to their journal, we can put in all the fixes and changes but if you don't follow your own journal you're still going to run into issues. Not blame game, just a reminder. Is that all people come across (on any realm)? I do know if you've collected your 25 souls they'll no longer drop for you so you can move on, but maybe we can look at changing this, I'll ask about it.

3 - Mob yellow con is to help with resist rates which is why they vary a lot where one might be easier than another.

4 - All the campaign quests start with [Curse], all others are side quests. Not sure what's involved with putting the chapter # in but will ask.

5 - To prevent farming, I would assume. I've seen macro teams camped out farming certain mobs and have gotten in the way of raids trying to do it for credit. What's the issue on needing a respawn, I mean is it despawning if you wipe? Or people not getting credit first time doing it? It'd be more ideal (IMO) to fix the issue of no credit if that's why you're asking for a shorter timer. Let me know please.

6 - Just one way people can get groups is people are constantly asking for someone to fill groups in the DAoC Discord, or making groups, or looking for people. I'd need more feedback on this one so please help me out on this. I've not heard of any class on Hib not getting groups or not needed in groups so need more info on that also please and thanks! (Discord: https://discord.gg/daoc )

7 - I've maybe come across this a couple of times, the falling through floor one. I think this one may be related to stability issues but not in coding/technical so not sure. Long shot but has anyone got an idea of where (as in spot/loc/map area) in the Rift (or anywhere) this is happening? Again I don't know what's needed o nthis one.

Again, we have addressed a lot and will continue to as needed. Many people know this including raid leaders on every realm and from posts here, Discord, ingame, hotfixes, etc. We're always listening and always helping, so let's keep things civil, on topic, and as accurate as we can so we can all get the info and issues sorted.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Thanks Carol for responding

we're just giving feedback on what players are saying to me and other leaders have expressed this too. We're not bashing the devs, we're just concerned for new/returning players coming into a mine filled of bugs on encounters.

Carol: 1 - I do not see us adding a grantcredit for various reasons but that answer isn't set in stone and I would like to discuss it more. The stability issues are ongoing and we hope to have them addressed soon with Patch 1.125. I know this is a very broad answer but I just don't have the technical details to share.

I understand this grantcredit system has been exploited in the past but the issue here is we're having to do the encounter 3 times over for people going link dead. Would it be easier if we just made a grantcredit for 5-10 minutes like back in the Master level days. This would make raids go a lot smoother and also give us a indication if the player have got the credit or not. I however will wait for your idea's on Patch 1.125 on this matter. Instead we have to keep asking the player 100 times over have u done this have u done that and they have no clue themselves sometimes because how messy the journal is.

Carol: 2 - I have gone through a list of the ones on Hib that weren't responding to me so I'll get them checked. I don't know if I got them all but hope I did. Are there any on Alb/Mid that also don't respond?

The Marauder is ch3, is this the one you mean? When you say when they try speak to her about it, do you mean the highlight text isn't clicky, or it is but doesn't award the step credit? I'm not trying to be annoying here, but again just need to know what the actual issue is other than just "it's bugged"

It's Prince Reynarch and Salle on chapter 3 sorry. You have to return to prince reynarch and then speak to Salle about the Marauder that is buggy. Highlighted text doesn't work when you speak to them both.

Carol: Essences drop if you've the buff up from Salle and kill certain mobs, not all mobs. I'll check this but from what I know it's a chance to drop not a guaranteed drop, but again I'll check it. It's also small radius to collect, melee range (we have said this before in case anyone thinks this is new news). People need to pay attention to their journal, we can put in all the fixes and changes but if you don't follow your own journal you're still going to run into issues. Not blame game, just a reminder. Is that all people come across (on any realm)? I do know if you've collected your 25 souls they'll no longer drop for you so you can move on, but maybe we can look at changing this, I'll ask about it.

I've had players stuck to right close to me doing this encounter and still don't get credits for essences with Salle pet and power buff. This also could be battlegroup bug issue's

I'm very greatful for responding Carol and I know Broadsword got a lot on their plate on patch 1.125 but we are just expressing our concerns and feedback about issue's surrounding this campaign to make it better. I'll defiantly have more about the other issue's I haven't answered today.

Solic :)
  • Thanks Carol for responding

we're just giving feedback on what players are saying to me and other leaders have expressed this too. We're not bashing the devs, we're just concerned for new/returning players coming into a mine filled of bugs on encounters.

Carol: 1 - I do not see us adding a grantcredit for various reasons but that answer isn't set in stone and I would like to discuss it more. The stability issues are ongoing and we hope to have them addressed soon with Patch 1.125. I know this is a very broad answer but I just don't have the technical details to share.

I understand this grantcredit system has been exploited in the past but the issue here is we're having to do the encounter 3 times over for people going link dead. Would it be easier if we just made a grantcredit for 5-10 minutes like back in the Master level days. This would make raids go a lot smoother and also give us a indication if the player have got the credit or not. I however will wait for your idea's on Patch 1.125 on this matter. Instead we have to keep asking the player 100 times over have u done this have u done that and they have no clue themselves sometimes because how messy the journal is.

Carol: 2 - I have gone through a list of the ones on Hib that weren't responding to me so I'll get them checked. I don't know if I got them all but hope I did. Are there any on Alb/Mid that also don't respond?

It's Prince Reynarch and Salle on chapter 3 sorry. You have to return to prince reynarch and then speak to Salle about the Marauder that is buggy. Highlighted text doesn't work when you speak to them both.

Carol 3: Essences drop if you've the buff up from Salle and kill certain mobs, not all mobs. I'll check this but from what I know it's a chance to drop not a guaranteed drop, but again I'll check it. It's also small radius to collect, melee range (we have said this before in case anyone thinks this is new news). People need to pay attention to their journal, we can put in all the fixes and changes but if you don't follow your own journal you're still going to run into issues. Not blame game, just a reminder. Is that all people come across (on any realm)? I do know if you've collected your 25 souls they'll no longer drop for you so you can move on, but maybe we can look at changing this, I'll ask about it.

I've had players stuck to right close to me doing this encounter and still don't get credits for essences with Salle pet and power buff. This also could be battlegroup bug issue's

Carol: 4 - All the campaign quests start with [Curse], all others are side quests. Not sure what's involved with putting the chapter # in but will ask.

Because players are always asking what chapter is [Curse] What Makes a Vampiir or what chapter [Curse] Dragon Stone. It's just a small tweek i think just needs to be added so players know what Chapter they are on. Not everyone goes to the herald to check these things.

Carol: 5 - To prevent farming, I would assume. I've seen macro teams camped out farming certain mobs and have gotten in the way of raids trying to do it for credit. What's the issue on needing a respawn, I mean is it despawning if you wipe? Or people not getting credit first time doing it? It'd be more ideal (IMO) to fix the issue of no credit if that's why you're asking for a shorter timer. Let me know please.

We defiantly need a shorter time because if you aren't on (Carol) we have to wait 45 minutes. If we could bring it down to 10 minutes that would be much better. This is also for ld's if they miss credit or credit bug.

7 - I've maybe come across this a couple of times, the falling through floor one. I think this one may be related to stability issues but not in coding/technical so not sure. Long shot but has anyone got an idea of where (as in spot/loc/map area) in the Rift (or anywhere) this is happening? Again I don't know what's needed o nthis one.

I believe it's near the rift entrance when u zone out. A lot of players have fallen through and gone from entrance to the Dormant vampiir encounter.

• Been to 5 raids on bard and made it to ch7 for various reasons but only one of them failed cus im a pve n00b and didnt understand journal.
    On mauler i was luckky and made it on first raid.
    Alb and Mid been smooth in comparison and completed plenty of chars.

On bard, i need to /say Everything, not a thing from highlighted text is clickable. On other chars some text is not clickable.
  • Also the chapter 5 step on hib and alb where you have to go back to the capital city should be removed, or bring the npcs into the dungeon like in Midgard. It’s unnneccesary and create too many problems where people rush through chapter 4 and leave early to get to th city faster, creating stress on the slower part of the bg which generally has the newer players.
  • [Albion] specific feedback here. After you get 25/25 souls you are prompted to turn in, then must get to Camelot to speak to the NPC near the forge (master smith). Then goto other side of Camelot speak with Selan then walk back to the NPC by the forge to choose your Soul weapon. (Polearm only choice is thrust why)
    Now you have to get back out to Dartmoor for chapter 5.

These combined steps can cause a delay in the Albion BG of approximately 15-20 minutes (longer if you are new or have no clue).

I’ve written about this a few times including the VERY FIRST day Chapter 5 went live.
  • Also there never was a new version of a slower Bow released was this specifically left out.
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    [Then goto other side of Camelot speak with Selan then walk back to the NPC by the forge to choose your Soul weapon. (Polearm only choice is thrust why)

Yeah I've submitted feedback on Two-Handed and Polearm requiring a variety of weapons specifically because Albion NEEDS to subspec to utilize their damage type.
  • In Hib all quests (main line chapter quests and secondary un required quests) are listed as "Cursed" at least they have been for all 4 of the raids I have been on. Roughly (an no i did not count this is an approximation) 75% of highlighted text was not clickable. On the last 2 raids I just made a macro to /s everything. These 2 things should have been working from start, that is poor testing, that is the frustrating thing. The having to figure out what we do next, or find and kill this mob, or port to this city, that is part of the MMO Questing storyi line that we are suppossed to be in for. The emersion of the story to feel like you are in a role playing game. We are suppossed to read that and figure some stuff out. And I think there is actually a small population in the game that would do that, however, with the above mentioned people get frustrated and just "move to the next step".

Falling thru floor on a single misaligned pixel is a bug, not have hyperlinks clickable to proceed is poor testing, and wanting to stand in 1 spot and cast 1 spell is lazy. (Ya that last part is to the majority of the player base, we all bought this game a decade or better ago to play a role playing game, remember?)