Shipwreck Salvage Quest

It is clear at this point that the Spring Preparations Quest brought constant action to NF, and ever since it was taken away less and less people play every day

I would like to propose making the shipwreck salvage quest similar to the flowers one, this will not only encourage grouping in nf but sieging surs/ddb/hild and bring more concentrated action making it more appealing for people to even log in and keeping their subs active
Tagged:

Comments

• We are looking at another collection quest being added soon, but this time on EV
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I think you're wasting your time with EV unless the quest turn in is worth more rp or the items are located right around KM.

Flowers were good because everybody could access them and the subsequent action via the 2 way port at the keeps. EV only has a 1 way port, so the turn in will likely not be as enticing as the flowers were unless you have a teleporter in your group.
  • this change is extremely easy to do, just add same rp reward as flowers

this crsytal event is just terrible, ppl log in kill 3 bosses, switch toons, all day long
  • The flowers were just about the right balance of everything i think. They were close enough to the ports that they were worthwhile, but not too close that it became impossible to fight over them. The ports could also be easily broken with 1 of 3 towers.

EV Crystals were too close to the port, and the port was too hard to break. One realm was easily able to dominate and control all of ev because of the way the porting worked and how hard it is to break. This made it more enticing to farm crystals all day rather than participate in any of the rvr

Maze crystals are a little bit too far away from the port and there are not enough of them. Also, the boss quest is worth so many rps/loots that it causes a lot of character swapping which neutralizes the action for people playing 1 character. It's best to just run the bosses once and switch to dopps.
  • Shieldla wrote: »
    The flowers were just about the right balance of everything i think. They were close enough to the ports that they were worthwhile, but not too close that it became impossible to fight over them. The ports could also be easily broken with 1 of 3 towers.

EV Crystals were too close to the port, and the port was too hard to break. One realm was easily able to dominate and control all of ev because of the way the porting worked and how hard it is to break. This made it more enticing to farm crystals all day rather than participate in any of the rvr

Maze crystals are a little bit too far away from the port and there are not enough of them. Also, the boss quest is worth so many rps/loots that it causes a lot of character swapping which neutralizes the action for people playing 1 character. It's best to just run the bosses once and switch to dopps.

This ^