Friday Grab Bag - 10/15/2021

It's time for another Grab Bag!

Lots of info out this week as we celebrate Dark Age of Camelot's 20th anniversary! Bonuses, merchants, new quests, new mounts, new cosmetics, and more! Our Halloween event also started yesterday and with everything ending November 2nd, make sure you don't miss out on anything :)

Thanks, as always, to everyone for your questions! You can submit any questions relating to current development plans, to request clarification on basic game mechanic questions, or questions on community issues through the Grab Bag Submission form. For any other feedback or suggestions please use ourfeedback form.

Continue reading for the questions!

Is it intended that assassin (60%) snare poison stack with side snare (40%)?
Currrently, yes it is intended. These have always stacked with each other, even prior to the Envenom changes. We of course would love to hear feedback on if you think these shouldn’t stack or if the snare poison’s snare% should be reduced or if it should be kept as is!

Using my bard heal proc buff had me wondering if heal procs, class abilities not uses, apply to/on pets? Either charmed or class pets.
Yes, most group-based abilities apply to members of the group and their pets and the Bard’s group heal proc is no exception. Both charmed and summoned pets receive the Bard’s heal proc buff and melee attacks against those pets from monsters or players will have a chance to trigger a heal.

Hey there

I'm trying to build a Scout template, and saw that the studded
Otherworldly Mighty eyes (helmet):
1. Ain't BP craftable.
2. Ain't at the Travelling Merchants.
3. There's 3 at the Housing zone merchant - But it says "Midgard races only".
4. Patch notes 1.122b (i think), mention that the helmet is now also a Albion drop.

Is it just missing or am I missing a further update on this?

Thanks for this report, the studded version of the Mighty Eyes do indeed drop in Albion.

The delve for this item has been updated and it has been added to both the traveling merchant stores and the Bountycraft menu (make sure to run your in-game patcher to get this update)!

4 – I am curious if there are any plans to update some of the more underutilized/undertuned Realm Rank 5 abilities--specifically, the Warlock R5, Burning Cauldron, and the Bainshee R5, Sonic Barrier. The Warlock Rank 5 does very low damage on a ten minute cooldown after a delay. As for the Bainshee R5, it appears to have no effect on you or your caster groupmates. It seems out of place that most Caster Rank 5 abilities are designed to be defensive and these are not.
In short – yes!

Improving some of the underutilized class Realm Rank 5 abilities is on our list. We’d love to hear some ideas about how you would improve them!

One Teammate mentioned, that Thanes direct damage spells would benefit from adding points into dexterity. Others mentioned that adding piety would increase damage while dex only increase casting speed but not damage per one single cast. Which is correct?
For casting classes, there is one stat (in the case of Thanes it is Piety) that increases the damage of each cast and then they all use the Dexterity stat to increase the speed of their casts.

So from a per-cast perspective, Dexterity does not increase the damage of a single casted spell. However, more Dexterity means more spell casts so it will increase the damage per second of a spell caster.

That's it for this week! Hope everyone is enjoying all the activity so far :)
See you in the frontiers!

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments