Heavy love

@John_Broadsword any chance you guys forgot to mention the Heavy changes that you had mentioned would be present in this round? At least any update on the set proc bug?
Tagged:

Comments

• After rereading what I wrote it sounds a little bitchy lol. Not a complaint just didn't know if it was still being worked on and just didn't make it in this round.
  • Thought you were talking about fat chicks in this thread
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Nogvi - Thorstadt - Oldstanky - Brumley

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • He said "possible" changes. There was never a definitive, "we are going to improve Heavy Tanks". Unless my memory has completely failed me. But really what do you want done to Tanks? I can't see any improvement being done to Heros given the shadow cast over us all by a certain Hero in this game...Warriors/Arms are a very solid class albeit it boring.
  • edited July 31 PM
    Yeh why are yall complaining Armsman got free snapshot a real game changer obviously [removed] listened to the whole Armsman alb thread .
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Heavys don't need nothing, but if I had was to ask for something it would be for parry and block to work on side arc. Since it's kinda upsetting for some to have all that Specced defense avoided by anyone that can dance .
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Don't need nothing, eh?
  • Kymatius wrote: »
    @John_Broadsword any chance you guys forgot to mention the Heavy changes that you had mentioned would be present in this round? At least any update on the set proc bug?

Are you referring to this thread? https://forum.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/3125/patch-1-127-update-and-upcoming-hot-fix-discussion/p1

That was in reference to the hot fix that happened at the time, not 1.127 :)
    https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/valentines-event-rvr-bonuses-and-live-hot-fix
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • In part yes that is what I am referencing.
  • They did give free snapshot, which was a cool boost to armsman.

Imo, arms is very strong in a caster group. He has nice tools (DD+r5 combo as an example), best cloak amongst heavies, good styles in polearm.

Hero does hit harder on the side chain, vut arms utility compensates imo.

I wouldn't tweak the arms more, I think they are fine.

However, I would remove pin from reavers and give it to Paladins. Such a waste on a reaver
  • Give reavers 2-handed morning star. For god sakes please... They are worthless in group

Heavies are fine I think
  • Only thing I would like to see would be make Heavies have greater weapons. Perhaps even a class of 1h weps that only Heavies can wield. Something to make them sparkly again but right now they are bore tests that get kited till dead.
  • Not what i thought the thread was gonna be about, really disappointed lol
  • Put Demolish back where it was a couple years ago.
  • Make crits hit for more when using a 2h on Heavies. Add the old defense pen when using 2h that cut parry rates.
  • Just let my block and parry work like it works against pve. Warriors used to shine when people ran out of endurance in a fight. Now people can style all day long and i don't notice many blocks or parries against attacks. As the Heavy tank in the melee realm Warriors should be the best melee class and they are far from it.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    They did give free snapshot, which was a cool boost to armsman.

Imo, arms is very strong in a caster group. He has nice tools (DD+r5 combo as an example), best cloak amongst heavies, good styles in polearm.

Hero does hit harder on the side chain, vut arms utility compensates imo.

I wouldn't tweak the arms more, I think they are fine.

However, I would remove pin from reavers and give it to Paladins. Such a waste on a reaver

Pin on a paladin? But then they'd have to decide whether to 2h an enemy for 400 damage, pin targets, and then rock a few full group heals, or in what order to do those things. We should probably also give paladins a 331 delve pbaoe and an aoe root since they have about everything else in addition to being one of the highest damage soaking classes in the game.
  • edited August 5 PM
    @Koe damn, that almost sounds like... A valk? Except the valk already has the pbae, plus a group pbt pierce cloak.

Do you even know how a paladin would soec to get pin? He'd have 39 2H and barely composite weapon (ty alb weapon subspec mechanic). He's not gonna do any damage.

Fyi, paladin is good at soaking melee dmg, it still blows up when you nuke it.

Still think pallys should get pin, just like RMs should get ichor

Think you should step out of Asatruar for a min, it helps the brain
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • edited August 5 PM
    Warriors/Arms are a very solid class albeit it boring.

Yeah my least favorite archetype in the game. They need fun changes. Make heavies fun again.
    Kymatius wrote: »
    Make crits hit for more when using a 2h on Heavies. Add the old defense pen when using 2h that cut parry rates.

Does duel wielding still halve evade and block rates?

2-handers should halve parry rates if they do.

Post edited by DaRedANT on
    Da ant familyDa fly familyDa spider family
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • edited August 5 PM
    I'm sorry I love my warrior, and I love the idea that everyone thinks they are underdogs and can get kited etc 1v1 or whatever.

My warrior is absolutely not boring to play. I swap weapons, myths, and armor to turn my "boring" class into something that not many people can kill. Yes, it's no light tank, but the survivability is so fun some times.

Only point I see here that I like is I agree that there should be a bonus for wielding a 2h weapon like there used to be? cut parry rate in half, or give a to-hit bonus, or more weaponskill? I've always thought 2h not having a bonus like Dual wield was silly, especially since hib/alb have to spec it separately for nothing special other than having it swing slower and hit harder which (edit) is standard DAoC mechanic across the board
    Post edited by Armagedden on