Why class balance + EC in same patch

Why are we doing a class balance patch and launching of EC in the same patch? The past four years of balances haven’t been recieved very well, how about laser focus on launching EC?
Open communication about why we need balances NOW and/or some type of explanation would be awesome.

GL
Tagged:

Comments

• We've been up front and mentioned many times there would be some class adjustments in this patch, and have stated we were rolling two patches into one.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Why are we doing a class balance patch and launching of EC in the same patch? The past four years of balances haven’t been recieved very well, how about laser focus on launching EC?
    Open communication about why we need balances NOW and/or some type of explanation would be awesome.

GL

understatement of the year.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »

GL

understatement of the year.

of the decade
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • KoeKoe
    edited November 2019 PM
    I know there's alot of naysayers here, but Beibs is 100% right:

From the 9/4/2019 grab bag (almost 2 months ago):https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/friday-grab-bag-10042019

Are there any class or RvR changes planned to go in with EC?
    Yes, some! We are mostly focusing on Endless Conquest with patch 1.126 but we have some impactful RvR and some much-requested class changes on the way too. No hints though!

Saying changes now (Broadsword is saying they are player driven feedback changes) are bad because changes over the last 4 years haven't been received well/changes haven't been made to address issues, is counter intuitive. You can't tell them not to do what you are telling them they should have been doing more of.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • edited November 2019 PM
    Just asking for MORE communication on the “why”. I’m a fan of Live and I’ve been playing basically forever and it doesn’t really make sense.
    I understated it on purpose, because I feel it’s very very concerning to push “class balance” and one of the biggest patches f2p/EC onto Live at the exact same time.

If it’s unclear or confusing to me (very active player) one can imagine how it’s even more so for a new or returning player.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on