Removing Instant Amnesia - Bard

Bards have had this skill for way to long, this is wayover the top. Dropping peoples speed/popping off of horses. Let me know why this is such a long range and on a short timer. Is it over the top or balanced?

Comments

• it effects real game play a lot, they need to keep it, but what they need to do is just make it not demount or break speed anymore, just interrupt
  • Yeah. It’s really annoying when you’re solo or small man and the fgh chases you and just instas you off the horse.
  • The only argument I can see for changing instant amnesia is to reduce its range to match the time it takes to cast the other amnesia spells on a player moving at speed 6. See example below. I do not know how many units speed 6 covers per second so this is entirely hypothetical.

Assumptions
    Casted amnesia: 2300 units, 2.0 second base casting time
    Instant amnesia: 2000 units, instant (5s single RUT, 10s AoE RUT)
    Speed 6: 300 units per second
    Stop time: 0 seconds

Taking into account cast speed (392 dex and 10%) and spell range (10%)
    Casted amnesia: 2300 units x 1.10 = 2530 units, 0.8 second casting time
    Instant amnesia: 2000 units x 1.10 = 2200 units, 0 second casting time

0.8 seconds x 300 units per second = 240 units

2530 - 240 units = 2290 units

2290 units / 1.1 = 2082 units (suggested instant amnesia base range).

Take these calculations with a grain of salt but I think the approach makes sense. Otherwise, just give Bards casted amnesia at 2300 range and 2.0 second cast time.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • I prefer 1000 time my amnésia single and area amne on my healer then my bard because i can chain them . A guys on moc are easilly controlled by casted amnesia , on bard its impossible to rupt them with double instant amné .
  • It's been in the game forever. Amnesia should not dismount or break speed unless resisted however.
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Ylazul wrote: »
    It's been in the game forever. Amnesia should not dismount or break speed unless resisted however.

Since all classes that have amnesia have the grey single target spell, I don't think making this change would prevent the perceived problem of forcing dismounts/breaking speed.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Should have been nerfed when mounts were introduced. Maybe change the movement aspect to the spell, reduce its range and keep it insta.
  • The way mounts work now is fine for the most part. Forcing dismounts by putting a player in combat seems fair to me; otherwise, there would be no need to run a speed class. The main problem I have with mounts is you can't use them while being shape-shifted or in dungeons. This should be changed, imo.
  • Your saying if bards did not have it people wouldn't run one? That’s pretty far fetched bud.
  • Then how would hibs 8v1 people?
    ~Westies
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    I prefer 1000 time my amnésia single and area amne on my healer then my bard because i can chain them . A guys on moc are easilly controlled by casted amnesia , on bard its impossible to rupt them with double instant amné .

the argument was about insta amnesia being a fleeing person on horse / fleeing group in speed killer, not the interupts.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    Your saying if bards did not have it people wouldn't run one? That’s pretty far fetched bud.

I was not clear. There would be no need for a speed spell if forcing dismounts was not a mechanic. Bards don't need the speed spell to get groups but it sure is a plus =).
    Bards have had this skill for way to long, this is wayover the top. Dropping peoples speed/popping off of horses. Let me know why this is such a long range and on a short timer. Is it over the top or balanced?

It would help if it also dropped the bard out of speed when used.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I thought it did, but if you time pulses right you don’t really lose speed except for like a second
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Oooh ohh I know, we can make sorcs aoe mezz 1500 instead of bolt range too while we're at it. Ooo ooo or you could make the cast speed 5 seconds!!
    Post edited by scerff on
  • scerff wrote: »
    Oooh ohh I know, we can make sorcs aoe mezz 1500 instead of bolt range too while we're at it. Ooo ooo or you could make the cast speed 5 seconds!!

So you want albs to have insta aoe mez like hibs and all casters from alb to have stun in baseline as well?
  • why not all classes as a mirror class in each rich einbazen.
    then the whining stops.
    class differences, made a game.
    sry for my google english
  • Its the only class in the game who can cheese any solo/small man. No other class can insta you off your horse from 2300 range and not lose speed. I’d be happier with insta 1500 range mez then a bolt range one, but don’t get me wrong both are good in certain situations.

GL
  • Didn't sorcs get insta mezz on 48 Mind spec?
  • Gavner wrote: »
    Didn't sorcs get insta mezz on 48 Mind spec?

Yes. I have never used it though.
  • I wouldn't spec for it either. It's just there. :)
    Its the only class in the game who can cheese any solo/small man. No other class can insta you off your horse from 2300 range and not lose speed. I’d be happier with insta 1500 range mez then a bolt range one, but don’t get me wrong both are good in certain situations.

GL

Instant amnesia range is 2000 base, not 2300 like the castable versions.
  • Also can't spam
  • @Beetleguisse thanks dont have a bard, but thought all Amnesia was 2300. Guess thats what i get for playing stealth 95% of the time.
  • @Gavner they did, but i dont think its AoE its single target. My sorc has been body for so long, i could be wrong tho.
    @Gavner they did, but i dont think its AoE its single target. My sorc has been body for so long, i could be wrong tho.

It's not AoE, just single target.
  • Damn, didn't realize they nerfed instant amnesia range down
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Ylazul wrote: »
    Damn, didn't realize they nerfed instant amnesia range down

Bard
    - The single-target and area-of-effect instant amnesia spells have had their ranged reduced from 2300 to 2000.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1116-live-patch-notes

This was done quite some time ago.