Stall Tactics?

edited November 2018 in General Board
There's a predictable time for full-scale RvR battles. Talkin' about big numbers vs big numbers. We all know what time that starts, and approximately what time that ends. Tonight, we all watched Albs and their big numbers hang out in Bold for the entire time that the mid BG attempted to coax them out for a head to head fight. To give them some credit, there was a good couple of confrontations, and the mid BG had some trouble with Hibs at bled while we were still forming up. But in the end, we turned Bled back to blue, and headed out to EV and then to Alblands to see if the fights could be different tonight.

Imagine our disappointment when Nate's albs stubbornly remained inside Bold. For four hours.

Could we have hit them there? Sure, we probably could have. Could have died to the Nation's set siege, to their ranged bombs, to their tics and pets and catas...but why? Bold is not interesting to Mids during primetime. The only reason to hold Bold is to prevent a relic capture. Mid's leaders are not interested in relics. They are interested in the fights themselves. Good, clean fights.

By the same token, Mids are also not interested in KM as a strategic stronghold. So hiding inside KM is purposeless as well. It was fun tonight to wipe the albs when it flipped, but no one in the Mid BG needs OW 10 bad enough to hit that place when it's being camped, with fortifications and all the mess that digging out entrenched troops entails.

Now, it's Saturday night, and the BG has ended. Folks are off to bed, and to their families IRL. To run some Hallowed to finish out their day. What's the Alb BG doing? Taking undefended Mid keeps all over the map.

There is a difference between taking keeps while a setup defense BG looks on without acting, and taking keeps when there simply isn't any defense with the numbers to act. The former is a goad to actually get the defending BG to have a battle everyone can possibly enjoy, and the latter is what Hero does every morning.

If you have yourself a Battlegroup, with the numbers to pull off something fun, I'd encourage doing something fun. Come out and have some fights with us. We're going to lose some, we're going to win some, but in the end, everyone will walk away feeling like they did something entertaining for the evening. Which is why we play this game, no?
Post edited by Baya on
Rhyllia / Djurll / Fljarr / Ruaggh
Asarna's Arme, Midgard

Comments

• Waiting for Nate to say how elite he is with 50 albs taking Mids relics with 10 people defending and 55% bonus. More albs than mids in NF.

Herorius could easily do that to both realms every weekday but doesn’t, because he understands the end game is to PVE keeps to acquire the most RP’s, which is why he has the most in the game.

Highdamge only can do it when he significantly outnumbers the other realm, then to come on these boards to show how “elite” he is and put on YouTube how much he “pwns”. He’d rather sit in a keep for 4+ hours with even numbers in both BG’s and make excuses on how superior his tactics is. Then when everyone logs, he takes over with 5x1 numbers and thinks he’s gods gift to humanity.

If only it was 10+ years ago and more people played to care enough, mythic would IP ban him for being a cheater and we would all live happily ever after :)
  • Waiting for Nate to say how elite he is with 50 albs taking Mids relics with 10 people defending and 55% bonus. More albs than mids in NF.

Herorius could easily do that to both realms every weekday but doesn’t, because he understands the end game is to PVE keeps to acquire the most RP’s, which is why he has the most in the game.

Highdamge only can do it when he significantly outnumbers the other realm, then to come on these boards to show how “elite” he is and put on YouTube how much he “pwns”. He’d rather sit in a keep for 4+ hours with even numbers in both BG’s and make excuses on how superior his tactics is. Then when everyone logs, he takes over with 5x1 numbers and thinks he’s gods gift to humanity.

If only it was 10+ years ago and more people played to care enough, mythic would IP ban him for being a cheater and we would all live happily ever after :)

Sadly, that is exactly what he will do. I do have a recording of him running away from Bled after we took it from Hibs....
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • edited November 2018 PM
    /stat <enemy> seems to be the biggest decider on if you play/camp/log off/stay on for many people.

maybe its time to remove this - so that a simple /stat <enemy> doesn't decide how some people play the game.

Whilst we are at it - have a /stat rp that only shows your own realm invoking some realm pride. I know at my playtime when i do /stat rp and see the top 20 are all below 10k - it tells me instantly its not worth playing yet.

thoughts :) ?
    Post edited by tald on
  • tald wrote: »
    /stat <enemy> seems to be the biggest decider on if you play/camp/log off/stay on for many people.

maybe its time to remove this - so that a simple /stat <enemy> doesn't decide how some people play the game.

Whilst we are at it - have a /stat rp that only shows your own realm invoking some realm pride. I know at my playtime when i do /stat rp and see the top 20 are all below 10k - it tells me instantly its not worth playing yet.

I don't think that is the problem. By the end of the night (BG prime time), the top 20 realm point earners were mostly Mids with a Hib or two sprinkled in. I did not see an Alb that I could recognize on that list. Speaks volumes imo. It is clear to me that the general mentality of those that camp with Nate is that losing a fight is a big deal. The game will continue to dwindle in numbers if players are unwilling to take risks in RvR / PvP. Fearing the release is by far the most crippling disease in DAoC.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Good post by the OP. Nail on the head.
    tald wrote: »

/stats <enemy> isn't the decision point at all; bonuses /spam/etc, basically what you can field vs what you must face combined wih the Dark Age of Quest-a- lot driver for RP has much more of an affect.....Realm v Realm has been ignored and constantly chipped away at <actively destroyed> in favor of running over more with less for the RP's ---- /stats <anything> changes would just be rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

Post edited by Xyorman on
  • When albion had the numbers advantage... we became the aggressor. Those mids who defended the ck died with honor.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    When albion had the numbers advantage... we became the aggressor. Those mids who defended the ck died with honor.

Once again -- facts never get in the way of your BS do they lol....everyone but you knows what you are...

Xyorman wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »
    When albion had the numbers advantage... we became the aggressor. Those mids who defended the ck died with honor.

Once again -- facts never get in the way of your BS do they lol....everyone but you knows what you are...

Exactly. He won't move unless the advantage is his and the stars align.
    Post edited by Vixan on

It's more he fact that you were to much of a p*ssy to do anything until you had a 5 to 1 advantage that shows who you really are
    If you have more numbers.. you should attack.

We did just that. I'm sorry if Midgard does not do this during primetime.
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

If you have more numbers.. you should attack.

We did just that. I'm sorry if Midgard does not do this during primetime.

yet you wont attack Hibernia --- LIE Exposed...try again

• Even though hib has one of their relics, therefore taking both mid relics was pointless
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Even though hib has one of their relics, therefore taking both mid relics was pointless
    BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Even though hib has one of their relics, therefore taking both mid relics was pointless

True but the other part of his Mantra is you don't attack Hib when the mids are out. In other words you have to have the perfect storm before you come out of your hidey hole.
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »

Shush, they probably don't realise
  • @BurkleyRIP that would require a little more tactical and I guess there wasn't one on last night around while mid big was out anyways.
    Vixan wrote: »

True but the other part of his Mantra is you don't attack Hib when the mids are out. In other words you have to have the perfect storm before you come out of your hidey hole.

Which is <insert your word here> and another lie since MID and Hibbs have had 70% bonuses or greater and he still doesn't go hibb... there is a word for it, several actually, even a diagnosis....
    Post edited by Xyorman on
  • Victory is sweet :)
    HERORIUS

Victory is sweet :)

You, again, misunderstand the word --- but not at all unpredictable, you are special that way

• Maybe his measure of victory is how many people he can annoy on the only game board he isn’t banned from yet.

In that case he’s definitely at 100%
  • We hit keeps when we have numbers.

HERORIUS

• Just so we’re on the same page, what ratio of friendly to enemy players is acceptable?
  • Hit keeps when you have numbers :)
    HERORIUS

• Oh. Very helpful
  • yeah don't fear the /release

we hit all the mid cks
    HERORIUS

• larger force should hit the cks

/salute to those true mids who defended
    HERORIUS

larger force should hit the cks

/salute to those true mids who defended

Why don't you hit Hibb -- Oh that's right, you're a ................

• we could have avoided those mids in fens, glen, and arv last night...….

but we chose to fight !
    HERORIUS

• Amazing sign of bravery on your part, never thinking twice of leaving bold in the face of 1/5 your numbers
  • Those brave ones are the mids who defended their cks !
    HERORIUS

• Unfortunately I was sleeping or my amazing tactics would have been able to turn the tide :(
  • how unfortunate indeed
    HERORIUS

yeah don't fear the /release

Hmm your actions seem to contradict your statement, how unlike you.
  • Watching Albs fighting Albs is kinda fun.
  • calling their wipes in discord is somewhat entertaining
    HERORIUS

• Auberne wrote: »
    Watching Albs fighting Albs is kinda fun.

I think the same thing about Mids when I see Nate and Xyorman bicker at each other.
  • I got my popcorn ready!!
    This is quite humorous!!
  • Auberne wrote: »
    Watching Albs fighting Albs is kinda fun.