Albion Needs A Non-healing Class With Static Tempest

In Midgard- (Hybrid Class) Thanes which are plentiful are casting them everywhere
In Hibernia- (Hybrid Class) Champion

In Albion- The Healing class has ??? Most folks are healing on clerics in ALBION and nobody is playing a STAFF FRIAR in BG.
"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• Mentalist as well in Hib. What class in Alb would you suggest gets access to it?
  • I’d say thurg or possibly wizards would be fair. Mostly thurgs since they already have a rr5 similar to a mini st, why not give them the full blown thing?
  • And would give them something to do in singing besides spamming pets at a door and hoping there might be a minstrel for once lol
  • i wouldn't give it to theurg... maybe paly... but you know then they would have to give it to another mid class :)
    btw what ya playing on alb burkley?
  • Tic or necro maybe. This was brought up years ago on PC, doubt they would add this.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Tic alrdy has ichor so I doubt they would give them ST also. Pally would be good but probably a little over the top solo with an ST also. Give st to another
    Mid class, like maybe runie? Would still give
    Mid a ton of st though since there’s always a ton of runies and thanes
  • And I’m playing mostly my cabby, rizzbone. Only on weekends though
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Tic or necro maybe. This was brought up years ago on PC, doubt they would add this.

They should consider either switching it from Friar to another class or giving another Alb class access as this probably is the biggest imbalance when it comes to zerg fights.
  • Pally is what I would recommend getting it on alb along with taking it away from the friar and make every realm have a tank hybrid and caster have it.

Mid- thane/runie
    Alb- pally/ Thurg or cab
    Hib- champ/ment
  • Would be funny if they gave it to wizards. There’s like 200 of them in the bg and the whole lord room would one huge ST between the mid and alb ST’s that would be going all at once
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Would be funny if they gave it to wizards. There’s like 200 of them in the bg and the whole lord room would one huge ST between the mid and alb ST’s that would be going all at once

Can't see a pbae class getting ST so could probably count out Wizards and Cabs
  • That’s why I said thurgs originally. That would sort of match mentalists having it. Sorcs alrdy have too much imo
  • Pally would be a bit OP for solo/smallman, no way that happens.

The problem with Friar having it, in zerg fights, is that a Friar really needs to hang back and heal/demezz, not a good idea for Friars to push in and ST.

Ideally every Alb BG group could/should have a Sorc/Mini to demezz, then Friars are in a better position to push, but the reality is they don’t.

I would not give it to Reavers, that’s too much. Might just have to deal with 1 STer.
  • Give it to armsman. They don’t have anything good
  • Maybe the RA itself needs to be re-thought
  • Nah. I like it on my thane :expressionless:
  • Problem with friars trying to push and drop st, is that they are usually the second healer in group. In zwrg fights you need both healers healing. Friar doesn't have time to push in and drop it. Dead by that time. Simple as that.
  • The problem with this topic is then we get into the what about (Realm A) having certain RA's on certain classes and not others. Then it will start with people wanting more. What I mean is that on Hib Wardens who are the second healer have TWF. It's a similar argument. If you add RA's to other classes then it will cascade into other realms continuing the "what about" mentality.
  • Judging by the alb videos i see Albs don't need anything they never lose.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    you just need to visit page 2 and 3 here to see where we came from

www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=6kN03LQ_saE
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• I would say give it to Wizards as they have very little utility.
  • What about we explore either

a) remove static tempest totally (a siege could last hours - but ST spam, makes it last seconds maybe minutes)

or

b) give off clases access to RA's at double/tripple the cost! i'd 50 rsps for ST5 on my warlock.

• No.

Give to wizzies, lol h#ll no.
  • Give it to reavers >:)
  • Imagine that reaver bomb where no one can move lol
  • The solution is heretics
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • Alb needs nothing. Get over it
    Give it to armsman. They don’t have anything good

This made me lol. Aye, Arms are definitely as Vanilla as possible.
  • I’m a little biased since I’m currently leveling an armsman, but yeah, they honestly have nothing special about them. Heroes have moose, warriors have testudo at least. Armsman have snapshot that no one specs for. :)

Ok. I guess warriors are pretty vanilla too, but plenty still play them in mid as opposed to armsman in alb
  • Make Defender's Rage great again.

Also give snapshot for free.
    I’m a little biased since I’m currently leveling an armsman, but yeah, they honestly have nothing special about them. Heroes have moose, warriors have testudo at least. Armsman have snapshot that no one specs for. :)

Ok. I guess warriors are pretty vanilla too, but plenty still play them in mid as opposed to armsman in alb

Yeah but Warriors also have a higher(?) damage table then Armsman iirc plus the bonus of not needing to subspec main hand and 2h independently thus they can spec higher parry and need less RA spec for MOParry as well.

YEARS ago this was justifiable since Armsman had access to plate armor but with all of the item/power creeping and abs/af debuffs/buffs plate armor is almost negligible outside of Paladins
  • Make it available to every character.
  • edited August 2018 PM
    Group more staff friars. I see staff friars try to get groups and get told to respec or solo. You have access to static tempest, on a hybrid melee. Group them. And I agree, armsan needs something, plate isn't **** now.
    Post edited by Badnagen on
  • Broadsword DOES LISTEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT
    HERORIUS

• Eric1883 wrote: »
    Problem with friars trying to push and drop st, is that they are usually the second healer in group. In zwrg fights you need both healers healing. Friar doesn't have time to push in and drop it. Dead by that time. Simple as that.

Exactly
    HERORIUS

• Should be paladin none of those other classes can push into a Lord room or tower without getting there ass handed to them it’s the logical choice thanes get it champs get it why not pally.
  • Brut wrote: »
    Should be paladin none of those other classes can push into a Lord room or tower without getting there ass handed to them it’s the logical choice thanes get it champs get it why not pally.

Because Pally can heal? Sound OP for Pally.

Brut wrote: »
    Should be paladin none of those other classes can push into a Lord room or tower without getting there ass handed to them it’s the logical choice thanes get it champs get it why not pally.

I'll take ST if they don't like it on minstril >:)
    Brut wrote: »

Friars can heal as well. I don't think that is a good justification for not giving it to a Paladin.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Albs have been trying to overcome ST issues. In LOS issues in a keep- friars die trying to place the STS.

NOBODY PLAYS A STAFF FRIAR... SO ON INC- I'm DOWN A HEALER.

It's only fair that minstrels now have access. Midgard has had a freaking TANK in CHAIN dropping ST's- not to mention a very popular tank!
    HERORIUS

• Anything trying to drop an ST in a lord room dies quick. Doesn’t matter if they have chain or leather, but having sos, ps, stealth on an st class is a little over the top and will affect more than just Zerg rvr. Pally or armsman is pretty much the 2 classes I think that should get it and strip it from friars and mentalists. Although I guess having an st class with fury and plate might not be good either.
  • But losing a tank on inc isn't the same as losing a healer in your group on INC
    HERORIUS