Comments

• Very interesting. How did they get this information? I doubt if BS would release it?
  • Read the about page. The numbers are based on Reddit activity.
  • puter wrote: »
    Read the about page. The numbers are based on Reddit activity.

The Players and Daily login numbers are estimations based on subscriber numbers and online sentiment.
  • You need to consider that it takes into account all of Daoc's variations. Most of the traffic you see or online talk aren't about Ywain. If you look at numbers over time, you clearly see what drives the numbers up, if you do a bit of searching.
  • Morsanto wrote: »
    puter wrote: »
    Read the about page. The numbers are based on Reddit activity.

The Players and Daily login numbers are estimations based on subscriber numbers and online sentiment.

"It's virtually impossible to work out accurate subscriber counts for MMOs today, and this site cannot do that. However, there does exist a need for people to be able to gauge the activity, growth, decline, and popularity of MMOs.

So, we do it based on reddit subscriber information. We track the current subscribers, active users and history of both. This helps you to choose an MMO that has the required "activity" you'd like to see, or perhaps you are just interested."

I copy pasted for you.
  • edited November 2021 PM
    It's always fun to brows through that site and count how many listed games have had their servers shut down for years yet apparently have millions of active subscribers . This time through I even managed to spot a single player RPG with no multiplayer to speak of.
    Post edited by Drane on
  • I wouldn't trust those numbers. The site has some games listed as being active even though their servers have been shut for years, which tells me they're pulling their numbers from private server sources.