When will it happen?

Hi, I am an old vet from 2001 - 2005 era of daoc.. the good years, I am wondering when will the new classic + SI server come to us?

Literally every week I come to the forums and website and look for info about this new server .. and nothing, very sad.

Comments

• The silence from them is deafening.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • by the looks of Ywain, it will never happen.
  • The ruleset was never stated to be classic+SI
  • The ruleset was never stated to be classic+SI

Newsletter #39 states it will start out as classic + SI + housing for subscribers only that progresses through game updates based on player voting. Not like it matters because it's very unlikely to happen at all.
  • If the population doesnt go up you wont see a new server and thats reality

• edited November 2021 PM
    Why would the population go up for a stale and unwanted game as the current live servers present?
    The barrier of entry into live servers is huge - too many expansions and their content that you have to grind through to be relevant.

A compressed Classic/SI with OF would actually makes sense for a smaller community and it would bring alot more people back because of a lower barrier of entry.
    Badgor wrote: »
    If the population doesnt go up you wont see a new server and thats reality

Post edited by Senxdrax on
  • And yet they wont pull the trigger because lack of ???? Population which = $$$ its not rocket science

• Senxdrax wrote: »
    Why would the population go up for a stale and unwanted game as the current live servers present?
    The barrier of entry into live servers is huge - too many expansions and their content that you have to grind through to be relevant.

For clarity, it's not the expansion content that makes the barrier to entry high, it's the skill level required to play which mainly stems from ability management. The majority of expansion content has been trivialized and there's little to no grind left outside of realm rank. Three hotbars full of skills is the primary deterrent.
  • The best example of that is that a classic ruleset, while having no or one expansion, is 200x more grindy than Live daoc.
  • SI has a couple of the best spots to grind with some classes. As long as everyone contributes, you can level rather quickly in SI. I think moreso than classic areas.

Mid has Modernagrav in SI and Spind in classic.
    Alb has Avalon City in SI and Barrows in classic.
    Hib has... whatever they have.
  • But your base argument was that ywain was too grindy, but then say that you have to grind in SI. While in reality, it takes maybe 10 hours max to get 50, ML10, CL15 on ywain
  • Hi, I am an old vet from 2001 - 2005 era of daoc.. the good years, I am wondering when will the new classic + SI server come to us?

Literally every week I come to the forums and website and look for info about this new server .. and nothing, very sad.

Me too friend. I check back in and wonder the same.
  • Scipio wrote: »
    Hi, I am an old vet from 2001 - 2005 era of daoc.. the good years, I am wondering when will the new classic + SI server come to us?

Me too friend. I check back in and wonder the same.

Yep, been checking regularly for years. Definitely had my hopes up from newsletter 39 as well. I still hold out hope it can come. It's the only thing left of my old MMO addiction I've been needing to complete my short list of official classic MMO servers. I've gotten and still play on almost every official TLP on EQ, and got official wow classic that I've played the crap out of. Just need DAOC Classic + SI + Housing and it's complete. *sigh*
  • im 60 years old..prob get social security before that sever comes out.
  • Onidakken wrote: »
    im 60 years old..prob get social security before that sever comes out.

you can start collecting social security at 62 so that's promising tbh
  • many more months pass... NOTHING, not a sliver... make my bones sad
  • PLEASE friends at Broadsword or EA or anyone..someone who has some info.. whoever... WHEN is this classic era server coming? just when? say a date? an estimated date? throw us a line we are drowning in a sea of bs cr@ppy mmos and need daoc old school returned asap! please.....

Please?!
  • This summer as has been communicated for some time now.
  • puter wrote: »
    This summer as has been communicated for some time now.

"This summer" or, "summer"?
    Ive been waiting what feels like 10 summers since the original announcement.