Question about new EV, stealthers and ethics

Hi all, I'm about to sub back and got this itch to take my stealther to 50. He is low RR so solo fights are out of the question atm, my plan was to tower camp for a while, try to learn the class and grab a few rps on the way.

However I'm reading about the new port changes to EV and it seems to be considered as an exclusive 8v8 zone right now (please correct me if I'm wrong). I know DAoC has this non-written fair play code where some actions are considered unethic and may annoy other people, so I'm honestly asking:

If I'm wandering around EV and I see two groups fighting, then I choose to jump in, will this be seen as rude and intrusive by others? Or is this a common occurence for stealthers? If it is and other realms do the same, I'm happy to join the fun and help win the fight, but if it's not then I'm staying away since I don't want to ruin other's fun.

Sorry for my poor english! And thanks for reading my dilemma:)

Comments

• edited May 2021 PM
    It's OK for you to do it, you and them are in a rvr zone.

However, don't be surprised if both groups stop fighting to kill you, then re-engage to continue. And that is even if one of the groups is from your own realm.

Some stealth zergers just can't understand that some groups value fair competitive fights over realm loyalty.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Thanks for the quick answer! Indeed, I've been thinkin about it lately and I think I answered my own question. Maybe I'll keep the stealther parked atm, try to find a group and see how it goes.

See you all at the frontiers:)

• EV is not for "8 mna" You just have people crying because they cant port a BG to EV fast unless they own KM and can port there. They want to be able to port into a flaming tower before people get a chance to take it.

But like shoke said, you will have to learn the group you can add on and the groups you shouldnt add on. because they may stop the fight to kill you
  • Some groups are designed to farm each other and if you interrupt it, they will punish you. As for realm loyalty, it simply does not exist at all. Many, if not most players have close to every class there is in every realm now, many rr5 and above. With Discord and other forms of out of game communication, we are not playing the same game that was envisioned at launch. The good news is that as an archer, you can get realm ranks pretty quickly. Most stealthers group or at least duo because it is really the only way to insure that you get kills. I solo when I can’t play in a dedicated manner and it is much harder. Every class out there has tools they can use against you and at higher realm ranks you are foolish to initiate a fight. Just realize that when you are out solo you will usually encounter multiple rr8+ players. All of them will eat you for breakfast. Our guild runs stealth groups nightly where often times I am the lowest realm rank at rr9. We get beat often, but we also win quite a bit. When you are in a stealth group you have to realize that other stealth groups try to kill the easiest targets first unless we have a bone to pick with a specific player. Tower humping is not the best method to get solo realm points right now. Before the doppelgänger event, they were the best solo source of realm points. Never try to kill a pet caster solo unless they are RR2-. All tanks will probably own you. It’s a different game now, one with fewer easy targets and far less realm focus. Our guild has players with RR12 characters in all realm, it is unrealistic to limit them to just one realm. The fact remains though that things were better when we all played just one realm per server.
  • Many thanks for the input guys.

Indeed, I'm going to agree with Seamuss where nearly everyone playing today has very, very high RR. If you plan to start from scratch, I heartily recommend you: bring friends!
  • Seamuss wrote: »
    Some groups are designed to farm each other and if you interrupt it, they will punish you. As for realm loyalty, it simply does not exist at all. Many, if not most players have close to every class there is in every realm now, many rr5 and above. With Discord and other forms of out of game communication, we are not playing the same game that was envisioned at launch. The good news is that as an archer, you can get realm ranks pretty quickly. Most stealthers group or at least duo because it is really the only way to insure that you get kills. I solo when I can’t play in a dedicated manner and it is much harder. Every class out there has tools they can use against you and at higher realm ranks you are foolish to initiate a fight. Just realize that when you are out solo you will usually encounter multiple rr8+ players. All of them will eat you for breakfast. Our guild runs stealth groups nightly where often times I am the lowest realm rank at rr9. We get beat often, but we also win quite a bit. When you are in a stealth group you have to realize that other stealth groups try to kill the easiest targets first unless we have a bone to pick with a specific player. Tower humping is not the best method to get solo realm points right now. Before the doppelgänger event, they were the best solo source of realm points. Never try to kill a pet caster solo unless they are RR2-. All tanks will probably own you. It’s a different game now, one with fewer easy targets and far less realm focus. Our guild has players with RR12 characters in all realm, it is unrealistic to limit them to just one realm. The fact remains though that things were better when we all played just one realm per server.

lol when this game came out in 2001 My guiild was using out of game comms. We used Roger Wilco until TS started.

• lol when this game came out in 2001 My guiild was using out of game comms. We used Roger Wilco until TS started.

[/quote]
    so were you the first irc guild :)

• If you fly in on a stealther, both groups will just disengage and kill you, then resume where they left off.

Generally groups will be fighting in the plains, so it's probably kind to be sensitive to this just as you wouldn't roll over solos seeking that gameplay style in the bowtowns.

On one hand you can argue that in open RvR and you can do whatever you want. On the other hand, acting in a manner just to spoil other's gameplay and cause maximum harm has sadistic overtones.
  • I used to see groups fight in southern EV when I was doing ale quest, learned quickly to NOT engage!! lol