Caledonia Event is DUMB!

I had no interest in starting a lvl 1 character and leveling it up slower then in a BG on live. I understand that it was brought in to get ppl off the other Servers and bring back old players.

But it killed most of the RvR on US prime. Which as a paying customer for years I was not pleased at all. If these events continue and kill the main RvR then you will lose my subscription.
Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

Comments

• Good thing events are temporary / seasonal.
  • Don't worry. Event is dumb. Made a character today but can't level it up because the Caledonia Lowbie BG's are empty. I didn't get in from Friday only this morning. So kind of worthless having a lvl 9 all alone in a BG.
  • Good thing they made adjustments and you can now get level 10 instantly
  • Yeah anyone complaining about this event is kinda dumb. It's a temporary thing and it's different just enjoy it
  • I have to say the catch up mechanics work pretty well, even more with the 400% xp buff provided by a character 7+ levels below cap.

Surprisingly had a lot of fun last night, but it gets very zergy. One realm decides tonrun a BG then all others are forced tondo so because the map is so small.

Ideally some additonal zerg breaking elements could be added to break these zergs a bit more. Random porting works well but it seemsntonbe too easy to just port and run to a zerg.
  • And you can see how the well-known Fanboys are trying to kill of all the legitimate complaints of normal players.
    Are they paied to do that ?
    In every Forum the same guys with the same words.. ??

In this way the game will never get any new players...
    But i guess that is also not the goal of BS.
    Their goal is just to feed these dumb sharks ....

So to all which think they can start new or return... just forget about that, you are just cannon-food..
    All hopes to a new classic-server... :)

Mahv
  • edited March 2021 PM
    Who's a fanboy exactly @Mahvash ? Curious
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • I agree sir. This event has killed rvr. So my question is as follows, how many rps is broadsword going to give me because of the lack of players in NF. 100k? 200K? I'm willing to accept reimbursement on several characters.

Thank you,
    lud
  • The event didn't kill RvR. It killed NF. I think the fact that there are more people in the event than NF speaks to how well the event is actually doing. This is a good sign, imo. RvR will return to "normal" again in a few more days.
  • puter wrote: »
    The event didn't kill RvR. It killed NF. I think the fact that there are more people in the event than NF speaks to how well the event is actually doing. This is a good sign, imo. RvR will return to "normal" again in a few more days.

It did kill RVR, aka NF. It's one and the same. Unless you are referring to ALL the rps to be earned in lab or DF ?

So, I will defer to my original statement. How many rps I am going to get because broadsword decided to do some silly event? I will accept 200k just to be civil.

Lud
  • Seems like a lot of people are having fun. Event is not for me, but I don't begrudge other people enjoying something new. It's temporary.
  • Dude asking for rp reimbursement LOL
  • I never play NF but ive been playing Caledonia because it's so easy to get groups, even ones that roam and are looking for 8v8s. why has this rattled people so much? You upset that you can't make your 200k RPs? if that's why you play daoc then im not surprised.
  • The event is still using the RvR ruleset. While NF may be dead, RvR is still going on. It's just in a different zone. You'd have a point if they swapped to a PvP ruleset, but that didn't happen this time around.
  • The event is pure trash. Either though spend time /lfg or you get Zerged from level 1 on up. Died 4x from level 4 killing 1. Now you can level up further. But as others said, it's destroyed rvr. Great job BS. Well done indeed.
  • Don't leave any negative about their precious event on discord or they'll boot you. Lololol pathetic
  • Someone mad cuz bad
  • If u havent been slapped in Cale yet.....you will be

<Theslappa>
  • Events aren't for everyone, but this one is clearly popular with the majority of the current player base. It's a great break from the stagnant RvR situation, imo. Remember, it's a temporary event so normal RvR will return soon.
  • "Either though spend time /lfg or you get Zerged from level 1 on up."

Every time I participated in the event I was getting invite spammed within a minute or less of logging in. This was as a low level Valk. I have issues with the event, but being unable to find a group was NOT one of them.
  • It just sucked if you couldn't log in for the start of it then you were shut out.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Ya i really loved this event literally closed my accounts to take a break but as soon as i heard about this event i opened them back up and did not regret it i am even working on building my guild back up to try and 8v8 /soon sidecar if they are guildies do to jot wanting to leave anyone out.