How hard is a return?

How hard would a return be for some who has been away from the game for 10+ years?

How are would it be to get a "good" template done without having tons have plat and no guild etc etc?
Someone told me that you damn near had to have a master degree to figure out how to do these new templates.

Comments

  • I got sent a template from a player in game via daoc utils and completed it in a day using bounty craft and plat. You get given a lot of bps per character and I had like 25plat coins on each toon. Be careful with your choices from the royal treasurer as you only get a certain amount and I missed out on Pendragon bracer as I didn't notice that. Pendragon bracer and tournament ring are the 2 items you want from him.
  • edited January 2021 PM
    I've got a low RR shaman that I wouldn't mind temping out. Never played a Shaman and would not mind trying one. Is there an actual population on live these days? I'm told the pop is pretty low and half of that low pop is bots. Just what I heard nut I am interested.
    Post edited by RPGrandPa on
  • Depends on when your play time is for action tbh
  • I work night shift, so I keep my same schedule on my days off so .... EST I wake up 2:30pm and go to bed around 4-5am. I play during those hours. I'm just trying to see what live has to offer that would be enough to pull me away from a server that I probably shouldn't mention :) I'm having fun over there but I mean the question is - is live worth returning to?
  • Euro is dominated by Hib but US tends to have a BG on each rea typically
  • Its not hard to return. I did:)
  • RPGrandPa wrote: »
    How hard would a return be for some who has been away from the game for 10+ years?

    How are would it be to get a "good" template done without having tons have plat and no guild etc etc?
    Someone told me that you damn near had to have a master degree to figure out how to do these new templates.

    speak to the king in the throne room for a decent template. Then maybe do an Otherworld quest for an otherworld belt and ring and helm, and a curse raid (maybe), or some raids to get bountypoints to craft some good weapons. There are a lot of people out there in patchwork templates like that, and they get groups fine, or solo okay. Finding friends is more important than perfect templates.
  • So I assume starting out I''ll have to BG it up for a bit to get my feet wet, curious - EST N/A how large are BGs usually? Just curious trying to get an idea on population. The biggest thing that worries me is I know the pop is already small, and I figure cut that already small pop by ..... 35-40% for bots. It just worries me That the pop is so small I would mostly be solo on everything I do which is not something that interests me.
  • Pop is fine, yes it low but if you enjoy the game just play. You’ll find fights. There’s usually always a BG out. And solo is fun. Getting started isn’t hard as you get plat and BPs from starting back up
  • What realm you gonna play? I can help you out on any realm, lmk.
    Da ant family - 1801, 1802, 1805, 1809 - Da fly family - 4501, 4502, 4503, 4509 - Da spider family - 442, 444, 445, 447
    Check out the trophy collection on Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford / Hib - Tullamore / Alb - Dalton
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/daredant
  • RPGrandPa wrote: »
    So I assume starting out I''ll have to BG it up for a bit to get my feet wet, curious - EST N/A how large are BGs usually? Just curious trying to get an idea on population. The biggest thing that worries me is I know the pop is already small, and I figure cut that already small pop by ..... 35-40% for bots. It just worries me That the pop is so small I would mostly be solo on everything I do which is not something that interests me.

    Most times of the day you can find a group, especially if you usually play that same time of day and people start to know you.

    When zergs are out (1pm eastern through 10pm eastern with a dinner break 5-7ish) you will routinely have 50-90 people fighting per realm. Maybe 5-10 groups and small mans. Sometimes over 100. Some people still complain of lag in big fights;)
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    What realm you gonna play? I can help you out on any realm, lmk.

    Probably Midgard I imagine. I probably don't need help. I mean I am sure I can figure it out and I think I will finish my 45-49 BG Shaman off to 50 and start with a fresh low RR toon. Just to relearn everything again.
  • also just returned - landed on Ywain3, any guilds looking for players ?
  • Bozzz wrote: »
    also just returned - landed on Ywain3, any guilds looking for players ?

    Which realm?
  • Games still pretty good seen a lot of old players coming back if you wanna Zerg hib is pretty much the 24 7 Zerg realm with Midgard a close second albs have a small Zerg USA prime Eu time mostly 8 s small pugs on alb action for small and pugs pretty good my experience very easy to temp and level still a fun game
  • Returning for a former player will be alittle hard at first but you should be good. The issue is new players coming to this game. Way too many items, abilities and templates make the game for a new player over whelming.
  • edited January 2021 PM
    Questions

    1) Templates: Do we have a place online to find premade templates we can use?
    2) I remember seeing something about skins for armors and weapons you could do. I wanna say you bought Mithril off the website for $$? Is this the only way to get this currency?
    3) Revamped Classes: Other than my poor Necro, what other classes did they kill and which classes are the same as I remember them?
    Post edited by RPGrandPa on
  • RPGrandPa wrote: »
    Questions

    1) Templates: Do we have a place online to find premade templates we can use?
    2) I remember seeing something about skins for armors and weapons you could do. I wanna say you bought Mithril off the website for $$? Is this the only way to get this currency?
    3) Revamped Classes: Other than my poor Necro, what other classes did they kill and which classes are the same as I remember them?

    1: The main resource for this is https://www.daocutils.com/templates which should pretty well include up to date templates for every class and play style.

    2: You can now purchase mithril for $$ which is mainly used for things such as item skins or other cosmetics. How it works: https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/microtransactions-overview Since december 2020 you now automatically gain an amount of mithril every month depending on how long you've been continously subbed, between 100-150.

    3: Most classes have been changed one way or the other in recent years, sometimes with completely new game mechanics. It's kind of a lot to go through but if we were to attempt to briefly sum it up then the classes that essentially were turned into "new classes" by these changes were as you mentioned the necromancer which was the most drastic revamp, the warlock, caster mauler, and arguably assassins. Plenty of other classes have had entire skill lines revamped but still function similar to how they previously did, and a few classes saw little to no changes.
  • Yea I'm really upset what they did to my poor Warlock :(

    Other than the Necro, I really do not play those other classes. Contemplating jumping back into my RR6 Aug Healer and trying to relearn support all over again.
  • On first look yeh the warlock is messed up but when you get into the specs they are pretty bad ass now in my opinion heal locks is a very powerful toon fantastic heals and plenty of toys and if you get the 4 part doom chain Stuff goes boom seriously very fun toon.
Sign In or Register to comment.