Let's talk about it

Herorius zerg... It's always been a hot topic, but jfc does it ruin the game when he is on it kills all action.

I suggest reduce RPs while in a zerg by 50%

OR

give Herorius a permanent 40% snare at all times :P

Comments

• Could start from banning him from playing US prime.

Herorius, please stop running on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

You already ruin the game for the Euros, you don't have to do it for NA players too.
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Herorius zerg... It's always been a hot topic, but jfc does it ruin the game when he is on it kills all action.

I suggest reduce RPs while in a zerg by 50%

OR

give Herorius a permanent 40% snare at all times :P

Or penalize the realm hoppers because the realm timer isn't doing anything.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • I changed the link, so it is easier to share

https://change.org/banherorious
  • It's a sticky situation. You have folks who only run with him. If he goes, others may leave too and take their monthly subscription with them. Some folks play other realms when he is on to attempt a balancing act, but it doesn't necessarily work as not everyone wants to play Mid/Alb. He make a ton of rps, which is the ultimate point of this game.

Maybe they can develop an algorithm to upgrade keep guards and doors insanely fast to level 10 when one realm controls all the relics. I just don't have much for ideas. Many US prime hibs aren't happy about it either.
  • see what a real realm timer does----or again a rp realm loyalty bonus
    hero is not the problem, the realmhopping lemmings are.....
    and we already see what the realm hopping "8mans" do for getting action and its not playing on the realm
    with the better bonus so they have more to kill lol
  • 47el wrote: »
    see what a real realm timer does----or again a rp realm loyalty bonus
    hero is not the problem, the realmhopping lemmings are.....
    and we already see what the realm hopping "8mans" do for getting action and its not playing on the realm
    with the better bonus so they have more to kill lol

That's literally not the issue though. You have people that log into hib literally waiting for Hero to log in. They don't play anything else.

The other realms just can't combat him any more than maybe 10% of the time. And when there aren't any contending zergs he will turn everything green, break ports, destroy solo/small/8man action (all action), and he will chase down 1 person with his entire zerg for 5 minutes just because there is nothing else for the zerg to do..
  • Hero was banned for a couple days after Caledonia, and the game was suddenly so much more enjoyable.

That in itself seems like Hero is the issue.
  • TBH, this is a result of low population. Everyone's actions matter significantly more now but not everyone is willing to adapt accordingly, including Hero.
  • KatKat
    edited October 2020 PM
    Shoke wrote: »
    Hero was banned for a couple days after Caledonia, and the game was suddenly so much more enjoyable.

That in itself seems like Hero is the issue.

That was when I made the petition. Everyone always said the game would be better without the Hero zerg, but it was all speculation. Then he was banned, and there was a HUGE improvement in action. It was no longer just conjecture. Hero's zerg is very bad for the game.

And, timers have nothing to do with this. Increase timers, and the Hero's sycophants would just never leave Hib and that would make this issue even worse.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited October 2020 PM
    SO why would you ban someone that is playing the game as intended (Realm vs Realm)? The real issue is not Hero., Its the low population. It mostly a EU problem. NA prim is balanced, until Hero and his followers play NA time.

Timers were never the issue. Most people use to follow the bonuses. Now people just dont want to donate to Hero so they log into hib. Its that simple.

Maybe decrease RPs when so many people are in an area? There really is not answer that I can think of.
    Post edited by Minibard on
  • At first it was limited to euro prime time, and once he started running Fridays and Saturday US prime, it tanked that as well. When he logs off the hibs go from zero bonus to 40%. That tells you how many only run with him.

Population is the issue. I will also say that we get flack from the other realms when we flip over to alb/mid to counter Hero.

Banning Hero isn't the fix and would probably run afoul legally since he is playing the game as intended and not against the terms of service. The game is broken with such low population.
  • edited October 2020 PM
    null

NA pop is not balanced. We usually only have 40-60 players following the BG and have to deal with 80-120 hibs. While alb sleeps in a keep because rescue is scared. Mid is usually out numbered 2:1 or 3:1 I'm fights.

Plus you don't need to ban herious, what they need to do is put a cap on each realm so when there's a 25% population imbalance they need it to be impossible to log on to Hibernia or any other realm that is over that cap. Once the population evens out and you can open up that other realm once again just like there has been for other games when one side is overpopulated it shouldn't be that hard.

Hero is easy to kill like anybody else is just that there's a lot of people that want to feed off of easy realm points and play an easy realm with easy classes and out populate the other realms to or even three times the number. Trust me they're far better players on midgard then hero or Jedi or any other hib.
    Post edited by Pleazing on
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • Pop won't get better, and you can't lock people out from playing a specific realm.

Guess we know what to wait for... Let's hope they get it right.
  • when hero is not on, there isnt 80-120 hib in a bg. you lucky if you have 3-4 groups from what I have seen. Rescue has the numbers he just farms Bold.
  • i do wish that only toons that earned rps would count towards the population bonus----
  • 47el wrote: »
    i do wish that only toons that earned rps would count towards the population bonus----

That's a good idea since we have no accurate way to gauge how many characters are actively played at any given time.
  • I like Hero. The game has been and always will be, about taking/defending keeps. His BGs are fun.

We don’t need to ban Hero, we need to find more of him. One for each realm, ;)
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • To be fair IRC as just as bad. Hero and IRC as worset things for me in daoc. both can easily destroy the action. Hero more prime time EU soon as hero logs give /take an hour IRC farms what they can switching realms
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I like Hero. The game has been and always will be, about taking/defending keeps. His BGs are fun.

I mean, this would be ideal in a perfect world I suppose. But with the population having dipped so low over the last 2-3 years it is a serious problem. He will chase me solo, he will chase a 4man, he will chase an 8man... and it's not just a little while, but in my experience he has chased me across ZONES in all 3 scenarios.

But @DaRedANT the worst part is how he roams EV with his BG after he has cut all ports and looks simply for 8mans to kill. It destroys every aspect of the game when he is on. Anyone that doesn't see that is a sheeptard. His actions have huge consequences on the entire game when he is on.

And... when he got banned for that week or w/e, game was beautiful
  • To be fair IRC as just as bad. Hero and IRC as worset things for me in daoc. both can easily destroy the action. Hero more prime time EU soon as hero logs give /take an hour IRC farms what they can switching realms

IRC can be just as bad I agree. I made a comment about that in another post. Most of this boils down to a population problem. If this game had the numbers a lot of these problems wouldn't exist. Nobody would give a crap about IRC if there were 5+ other FGs out there to try and fight... but when the action is so small and IRC is the only thing that is out (or only group that consistently hunts your group down because there is no other action) it really stands out.

Hero is still a bigger problem though. IRC doesn't cut ports and hoard relics. And at least with IRC you have still have a chance to beat them in a fair fight, I'm all for that. Hero, however, destroys everything
  • Hero should play a different realm for awhile. lol
  • They should just remove the relics or make the temples into a proper keep. Or just dont play when hero/hib has all the relics if bs cant gix the problem then just starve him and the hibs. Some sooner or laiter will get the point and fix it
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    DaRedANT wrote: »
    I like Hero. The game has been and always will be, about taking/defending keeps. His BGs are fun.

I mean, this would be ideal in a perfect world I suppose. But with the population having dipped so low over the last 2-3 years it is a serious problem. He will chase me solo, he will chase a 4man, he will chase an 8man... and it's not just a little while, but in my experience he has chased me across ZONES in all 3 scenarios.

But @DaRedANT the worst part is how he roams EV with his BG after he has cut all ports and looks simply for 8mans to kill. It destroys every aspect of the game when he is on. Anyone that doesn't see that is a sheeptard. His actions have huge consequences on the entire game when he is on.

And... when he got banned for that week or w/e, game was beautiful

I understand bro, the game needs autobalance. Not sure how they can do that without instance RvR.

• Minibard wrote: »
    Hero should play a different realm for awhile. lol

When he dings RR15, he will morph into an Armsman.

• New/returning players with a fresh level 50 character don't have other options. They won't pay a MMO sub to sit LFG forever. Zergs will get you a group, action and rps with no questions asked. I'm all in for any kind of playstyle or leader that manages to make this game interesting to a casual audience, otherwise DAoC is done for good.

I ran with Hero a long time ago and he was the only chance I had to grow my characters. I thank him for that opportunity.
  • can't ban someone for playing the game as intended and being so good at doing that over years that he has a huge and loyal following. herorius has many people who only play when he plays, and the same can be said for annamariede. there are so many (whel, that"s a relative thing) regulars that are never online when he doesn't look.

in midgard there has been an rvr bg up 7/7 at 2000 CET for just under a year now. i hoped that having a regular bg every single day at the same hour would have increased the numbers in the mid bg's ... but it doesn't.

when one bg is less than half of the numbers of the enemy bg it becomes very difficult to fight that enemy bg. the only way you can score a win is then in a defensive keep fight if a lot of other realm mates who are not in the bg also show up, even when you have relatively many people, but still get outnumbered 2 to one.

then there is the ever returning 'don't donate rp to herorius' mentality, which makes it very hard to motivate people to come and defend if you say in region that you are taking your bg to defend the keep under attack.

another issue is that herorius usually starts his bg at 1900 CET while the mid bg's start at 2000 CET, which even if the mid bg gets great numbers, gives herorius 1 hour of unopposed time where no-one can oppose him.

i really don't know what i can do to get more people in my bg so that fighting herorius in open field becomes an option and not a guaranteed wipe for your bg where your bg gets no kills, no rps, and people start leaving the bg.

i would say the whole problem is not herorius fault, but the fault of the people joining him. THOSE people have to see that joining herorius instead of joining a bg in another realm is a problem for balance.

and in midgard you have the issue of too many people who would rather log out than joining a bg because they think they are 'too good' to join a bg ...

the game needs bgs otherwise the population would plumet and the server would become even more of a ghost town, too many people would have no chance to actually do rvr and be more than dead men walking.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • If they gave rps for even when you died, you might see more people taking chances. Make it similar to heal rps. Certain % per amount of damage done to enemies awarded when you die.
  • edited October 2020 PM
    You all know how to stop Hero but you wont do it.

Build a bigger zerg on Mid or Alb and ruin his fun.

Albs in NA time can hold Hero off in a keep but Jedi's BG gets bored with nothing to kill and adds another 2-4FG to his numbers and then the action is gone.

Leegan will charge in with less numbers but will just feed RPS, when that fails he tries to camp a tower.

I know Teddie got a hard time for going to Alb so dont come to Alb goto Mid and bolster their numbers kick hero's butt.

Rescu is not scared, he knows what happens to all BG's.

1 Easy Wipe ok,
    2 Easy Wipe and people complaining and think they know best,
    3 Easy Wipe start to switch realm or take FG to do oher things like feed IRC,
    4 Easy Wipe people log off.

Then you are down to maybe 2-3 groups Welcome to EU primetime vs Hero zerg.

As for what BS could do, well they wont do it, remove wall climbing from heavy tanks after they have been in hibernation for 6 months.

Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • Build a bigger zerg on Mid or Alb and ruin his fun.

This is the problem with the current population. They simply can't without Hib players jumping ship. Unless Broadsword enforces population balance, players have to do it themselves.
  • edited October 2020 PM
    Albs in NA time can hold Hero off in a keep but Jedi's BG gets bored with nothing to kill and adds another 2-4FG to his numbers and then the action is gone.

Not true for the most part. We have been trying out Alb/Mid to help balance. Unfortunately Albs crapped on us in /region so I think we'll be running Mids most of the time going forward. As I stated above, Hero doesn't help us at all. When he logs nearly half of the realm logs off with him leaving us in a pretty big hole for the rest of the night.
    puter wrote: »
    Build a bigger zerg on Mid or Alb and ruin his fun.

This is the problem with the current population. They simply can't without Hib players jumping ship. Unless Broadsword enforces population balance, players have to do it themselves.

Unfortunately Hero runs early in the day and by the time we start forming around 7pm EDT, he has a large foothold in Alb/Mid. Even bringing 2 groups from hib to mid isnt enough, but at least we try. Mids have been more receptive than Albs about us swapping realms those nights.
    Post edited by Rok1 on
  • Rok1 wrote: »
    Not true for the most part. We have been trying out Alb/Mid to help balance. Unfortunately Albs crapped on us in /region so I think we'll be running Mids most of the time going forward. As I stated above, Hero doesn't help us at all. When he logs nearly half of the realm logs off with him leaving us in a pretty big hole for the rest of the night.

I wish it were untrue, Jedi tries to do his own thiing, cuz you know he is better than that but even if he circles 3 times that where he ends up. I dont blame him as its boring to wait for hero to goto bed.

So we have to go through the same process, 4 Easy BG wipes, about 2 hours later everyone logs noone has fun.

Goto Mid join up with the BG there kick hero's arse, please!.

You arent welcome on alb it would seem :disappointed:

• It’s like puter says, it’s all down to the dire population.

Whether it’s hero’s zerg shutting down action or some 8 man chasing a duo across EV. The remaining population are RP starved so will go great lengths to grab a single rp.

From Custodia Malacitana back on excal, who pissed on any action smaller than their fg, people are going to play how they like for themselves. Hero won’t stop, the realm hoppers won’t stop, the fight can’t be harmonised with such a paltry amount running around like a small school of fish, huddling together for safety.

Population is going to solve this by increasing the player base tenfold, allowing more zergs to form and smaller zergs/8man and small man to feed.

This can ONLY be achieved via making it free to play with no restrictions. EC was never a good idea years ago when it was realised by BS, we now have the proof it doesn’t work as The disparity between paid and EC accounts is too wide.

Make the Mithril store more plentiful to help fund this. Heck many mmo’s now are free to play and still have 100,000 plus active subscribers. Broadsword can end this stagnant population and get action back into daoc but the cow still has a pulse despite it not moving, so it is still milked for more.
    Demmpsey - Animist
    Demmps - Vampiir
    Mimins - Bard
    Dempseas - Warden
    Dempsee - Hero
  • Well it really makes me chuckle to here the USA prime posters whining about hero lol welcome To the eu prime time world.
    The problem is multi faceted hib is a realm that lends its self to zerging with its ease of forming a group bard warden Druid fill with Dps easy.
    For random players it’s ideal.

Secondly you turned the game into hero’s labyrinth what you all don’t understand is that hero is a lab rat it’s where he feels at home killing the old agramon and the old keep structure gave him an overground labyrinth.
    Thirdly it’s very hard to counter a Zerg that’s on 7 days a week at set times for long hours.
    People who are random are going to go to The easy option where they know they gonna get action.
    If hero ran the same times as annamariede it wouldn’t be a problem but the guys on all the time
    The reason he has gone more USA time is that he gets easy rps in USA prime eu players have wised up to his bullshit well at least alb eu time have mids still try to put a Zerg up annamariede basically runs away from him all night and never ajs him.
    Muyaslav gives him a good fight but never has the numbers.
    So do what the eu albs do don’t defend keeps unless you have good 8 mans with irc backing And only defend red and upwards.
    let him have relics no relics no point to defend also more noob hib realm hoppers to kill.
    Aj with voltrons at every opportunity use traps at gates safe zones lure him in and rofl as they die.
    Watch his Zerg starve and roam with small and 8s you guys are the problem not hero.
    Adapt stop whining if all realms did what eu alb did there wouldn’t be a problem.
    Finally start a Go fund me with a years subscription to tinder for him so he can get a woman to fill his time.
  • I think it would be cool for Mids and Albs to "make an alliance" when Hero is on. It would take some propaganda and bandwagoning by lots of people in each realm, but if we got important players in Alb and Mid (more importantly IRC, who likes to feed off BG fights) to support it could be kind of fun...
  • think it would be cool for Mids and Albs to "make an alliance,,, in the old day when you couldn't realm hope this would happen, and has happen on its own. 1 realm crushing 2 the other would by default do things to help vs the stronger realm. Switch realm changing to 48 hours? increase as needed, or drop in RP is you switch realm in 48 hours, so you can still play with you friends? IDK
  • There are a million "what ifs". If Albion had a leader in euro prime, if people wouldn't xrealm or realm hop.. the list goes on and on.............and on......... until any of those things happen you know what you can do right away?
    STOP FEEDING THE HIB ZERG. That is an instant change. Not something to wait on or wish for. Stop playing Dark Age of HIbernia and start playing Dark Age of Camelot.
  • Many years ago I proposed a mid alb alliance on the old post count boards and actually came to an agreement with a mid alliance leader to kill hibs first rather than albs but unfortunetly mids decided to kill albs first and then subsequently die to the hibs.
    The only way that would work is if you had a function in a battle group where you could make an alliance with another battle group and when that alliance was in force no member of the alliance bg could be killed by the other until the alliance was broken.
    It actually could be fun as a rough idea it has possibilities.
  • Alliances shouldn't be implemented. There should be a reduction in realm points based on Over Population as what was asked on the latest Grab Bag: https://forums.darkageofcamelot.com/discussion/3762/friday-grab-bag-11-06-2020#latest
  • Two realms working together to beat the third realm is an intended design choice when one realm is dominating. The problem with Brut's idea is that it could easily be abused in smaller fights. Either it would have to be monitored constantly (won't happen) or a minimum BG count would have to be imposed which could hurt the lowest populated realm from ever forming an alliance. Without direct player cooperation, there really isn't a good approach to solve population imbalance without forcing players onto the lower populated realms.
  • Could always start hosting OW, Curse, 9&10 groups when he logs in. That way he will get bored attacking empty keeps and maybe they will log off earlier.

• Two things: oil should be "safer" and more usable, and Heavy Tanks should get some kind of reduction in ability when they climb into keeps, like a -50% heal effectiveness debuff when Climbing Spikes is up.
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    Two things: oil should be "safer" and more usable, and Heavy Tanks should get some kind of reduction in ability when they climb into keeps, like a -50% heal effectiveness debuff when Climbing Spikes is up.

Should either go back to sins being the wall clearers or take away the climb points on the inner oil.
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    Enkertons wrote: »
    Two things: oil should be "safer" and more usable, and Heavy Tanks should get some kind of reduction in ability when they climb into keeps, like a -50% heal effectiveness debuff when Climbing Spikes is up.

Should either go back to sins being the wall clearers or take away the climb points on the inner oil.

I think that's just a small piece of the puzzle.
  • I would like them to get rid of the alcove around the outer oil level. It should be set up so casters in the CY have LOS on any wall climbers inside. The tanks can just huddle in that small safe space while beating on the doors.
  • edited November 2020 PM
    Game is really sad atm anyway. Hibs zerg with Hero in euro prime and weekends in US prime. Hibs zerg in US prime most weeknights now. Hibs have all relics due to the constant zerging. Either you PVE, log off, or camp safepath and hope for a kill or two. The rest of the time you are run over by constant Hibs. Ports are cut 75% of the time for Albion. Welcome to Dark Age of Hibernia brought to you by Hibsword. "Working as intended"
    Post edited by Bowatg on
  • The only benefit is following them around on stealthers and culling the weak from the herd.
    Get some PVE quest/zergs going when he's out. Sooner or later he should get bored.
  • Too many Albs who actually play HIB more than alb show up to feed them.. only reason they keep coming . and with relics. 5:53 pm friday night CST. albs 40% mids 40% .. ROFL. this is a Broadsword issue that they dont see. Actually they see it, but just don't care. They are trying to milk every last dime out of a 20 year old game.. so giving the player base (hibs) everything and more.. it works
  • Do Mid/Alb even have a BG leader? It seems when ever I log into those realms when Hero is on there is no defense BG, or it starts after the Hib one is already established.