Q: Any preferred status?

Is there any such thing as a preferred status if you sub for one month and unsub after, or do you just lose access to everything if you unsub. Also is there any other way of accessing the locked classes without subbing up?

Comments

• Of you sub, you have to wait 120 days before you can log in to your account using EC
  • Oh wow, so even subscribing for just one month is not a good idea then wish there was a way to unlock these classes without having to stay subbed
  • Even if you unlock some classes by subscribing, they still wouldn't be playable as EC. https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/endless-conquest-faq
  • Puter may be right but I'm not entirely sure. Requirements to play a non-EC enabled race/class combo. From the faqs:

The characer is not an EC-enabled race and class combination
    The character is level 15 or above
    The character has 1-day of in-game play time or more
    The character was created on or before the launch of Endless Conquest

The last point is what may break the ability to deactivate for 4 months and return and play a toon you leveled up and which has 1 day played. However, I also wonder if that's just a point from the original implementation of EC when it would have been accurate.

I only mention this because I'm not sure characters have create dates on them. Maybe they coded all new characters to flag as non-ec eligible or something...
  • Yeah just wish there was a way to either buy classes directly instead of subbing like 5$ each to permanently unlock it i would rather do that
  • Faylina wrote: »
    Yeah just wish there was a way to either buy classes directly instead of subbing like 5$ each to permanently unlock it i would rather do that

Just my 2c with that, if you''d rather drop $5 here and there for a couple races/classes unlocked, you might as well just consider subbing. Not sure what your playstyle is like but IMO if you played this game more than 5+ hours a week then it's probably worth subbing eventually. Especially for end-game PvP. You will get next to zero RPs as an EC account, and if you really want to dedicate some time in leveling/templating it really is worth subbing for that alone.

I wish the EC restrictions were MUCH less. In my personal opinion I would rather see more bodies playing, for free, than see the barren population that is DAoC these days... But Broadsword thinks heavy restrictions on EC accounts is what's best, so here we are.

To be honest if Broadsword made current unsubbed players play for free with almost no restrictions except for RP/BP rewards I truly feel like that would be a win-win for subbed players, because it would mean more population which population is almost as horrendous as when I quit 2 years ago when @Broadsword did the whole Curse thing (straw on the camels back, really... terrible class changes/buffs from the 2-3 years prior, plus OW, plus gear creep, plus basically anything BS has done in the last 4 years is what ultimately made me quit originally).