Herorius is not getting any additional realm skill points (This could cause a HUGE problem for Daoc)

Herorius has reached the RR14 limit for some time now. He get's no additional realm skill points. So really there is nothing for him to work for at this time.

Surely this is a quick fix as this game cannot afford to lose him or you will lose 1/2 of Hibernia. Please fix this now.

Comments

• I mean he is correct. No reason why there shouldn't be a realm rank 15
  • If only there was more than a Hero to play...
  • Anomally wrote: »
    If only there was more than a Hero to play...

If only you could continue to gain realm skills on a class you like to play...
  • Can BS listen to "irc" and herorious at the same time? or are they the same...

I don't see why there should be a cap increase? It's a 20 year old game, if you maxed out, great. Roll another? Keep it up and if DAoC survives 5 more years we will be talking about RR20+ and having to create new abilities for those players to spend points, or they will have to nerf other ones because you will have AugCon9/Tough9/AoM9 etc etc ppl fighting against non-maxed out players. Then adding new abilities, well we see how that has gone for Broadsword, implementing original ideas to the game.

We all say the learning curve is too hard for new players, and we want to make the top-end more top-heavy. It's as silly as a PvE-addict asking for CL20 or ML15 or cap level 60.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • If hero dips out.. the population dips out. Nobody will be starting fights on keeps for albs to defend.

Mids already gave up.
  • Natebruner - how much did it cost you to buy HueHuaehue's account to post on the Official Forums?
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Natebruner - how much did it cost you to buy HueHuaehue's account to post on the Official Forums?

RIP DARKYI BG
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    Herorius has reached the RR14 limit for some time now. He get's no additional realm skill points. So really there is nothing for him to work for at this time.

Surely this is a quick fix as this game cannot afford to lose him or you will lose 1/2 of Hibernia. Please fix this now.

Returned now since a few weeks after 15 years...
    From what i see daily half of hibs gone wouldnt be the worst thing to happen... :)
    Especially the gangbang-type. Which these guys seem to be.
    Bye Bye.... :)

Mahv
  • Herorius is the most important player in DAOC and has been for some time. This is not about wins or losses or a skill curve issue.

This is a population issue. Herorius unites people- GERMAN and USA. He speaks both languages and many come to play with him. He would never reach a rr15 with the way it would be spread out rp wise.. but maybe he shoots for 14L3 or 14L4. Something to keep him going is not much to ask for.
  • One guy zerging nothing every day threatening to quit, everybody leap to give him more rsps! Agree with @Mahvash , no other zerg leaders so why need this one?
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    One guy zerging nothing every day threatening to quit, everybody leap to give him more rsps! Agree with @Mahvash , no other zerg leaders so why need this one?

Learn to read. I never said he threatened to quit.
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    One guy zerging nothing every day threatening to quit, everybody leap to give him more rsps! Agree with @Mahvash , no other zerg leaders so why need this one?

Huehuaehue wrote: »

That's a threat. :*

Now you need to go and look up the word threat in the dictionary.

It's funny you argue this and not the point of the post ;)

It's funny you argue this and not the point of the post ;)

Pointing out what you said was wrong. Then directing you to a dictionary to know what a certain word means.
  • Lol is Nate still posting I seen his new toon professional gamer ha ha very funny almost as funny as the squeaky post best post of all time when Nate was involved in the Midgard relic stealing debacle I actually kept that post and take it out in dark times allways worth a great belly laugh.
    You lost your soul natebruner your soul is in Midgard but your ego is on the cows ass no good man you need to return to your soul base it’s where you may finally find mental peace even though you will have to beg Midgard for forgiveness.
    The way of the cow Zerg is not for you my man the autistic social club is for special people who talk in funny voices
    Swallow your pride natebruner return to your home land
  • Brut wrote: »
    Lol is Nate still posting I seen his new toon professional gamer ha ha very funny almost as funny as the squeaky post best post of all time when Nate was involved in the Midgard relic stealing debacle I actually kept that post and take it out in dark times allways worth a great belly laugh.
    You lost your soul natebruner your soul is in Midgard but your ego is on the cows ass no good man you need to return to your soul base it’s where you may finally find mental peace even though you will have to beg Midgard for forgiveness.
    The way of the cow Zerg is not for you my man the autistic social club is for special people who talk in funny voices

The only thing left in Midgard are NPC's and the guards in the keeps. Xyorman and Clumsy never figured out how to deal with ST's with SOS on INC. RIP to the DARKYI EU BG
  • When the new server comes out, sure. Go ahead.
  • Does this mean NF action is still dead?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • the eu hib zerg just proves the need for a real realm timer----4-6-12 hour.......
  • @47el explain your thoughts
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @47el explain your thoughts

all you have to do is check the realm bonuses before hero logs on and after he logs off......
    i wish toons that do not receive realm points would not count towards the realm population bonus also
    so bots didnt count :)
  • I'm surprised Nate is allowed to circumvent his forum ban by buying other accounts. Good to know.
  • puter wrote: »
    I'm surprised Nate is allowed to circumvent his forum ban by buying other accounts. Good to know.

I'm surprised we can't implement RR15 into the game. Don't let this Nate guy get in your head so much.
    puter wrote: »
    I'm surprised Nate is allowed to circumvent his forum ban by buying other accounts. Good to know.

I'm surprised we can't implement RR15 into the game. Don't let this Nate guy get in your head so much.

Keep posting. This is the kind of entertainment I come here for. Though I imagine it won't take long for you to get yourself banned again. ;)

Keep posting. This is the kind of entertainment I come here for. Though I imagine it won't take long for you to get yourself banned again. ;)

Good get that guy out of your head and stay on topic now. RR15 cannot be that difficult to implement.

Good get that guy out of your head and stay on topic now. RR15 cannot be that difficult to implement.

RR15 is definitely easy to implement and well within Broadsword's ability to do so. It's just not a smart move from a balance stand point. If you're worried about Hero quitting, just buy his account. I'm sure you can impersonate him for a while before players catch on. Your Korean accent won't be too helpful, unfortunately. >:)
  • Why doesn't he just get reset to RR 1L0....why should BS add another RR for a player that PvE keeps? Maybe it would get the bandwagon players on hib to go to another realm and even things out.
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

RR15 is definitely easy to implement and well within Broadsword's ability to do so. It's just not a smart move from a balance stand point. If you're worried about Hero quitting, just buy his account. I'm sure you can impersonate him for a while before players catch on. Your Korean accent won't be too helpful, unfortunately. >:)

A balance standpoint ? How many RR14L1 players you think people gonna run into ? (stay on topic kid)
  • Pleazing wrote: »
    Why doesn't he just get reset to RR 1L0....why should BS add another RR for a player that PvE keeps? Maybe it would get the bandwagon players on hib to go to another realm and even things out.

You say PVE keeps but there are always people inside to keep those missions completed :)

A balance standpoint ? How many RR14L1 players you think people gonna run into ? (stay on topic kid)

Why should they raise the RR cap for one player then? Sounds like you're advocating for greater RR disparity. Not sure how that will solve any population issue(s) Ywain currently faces. Maybe it's time for Hero to play a different realm. He could still get an Arms and/or Warrior to RR14 without having to change his playstyle. If the zerg action is so stale, why not revive Alb nation? Perhaps erect a new BG in Mid? There are options to improve action without increasing the RR cap.
    Brut wrote: »
    Lol is Nate still posting I seen his new toon professional gamer ha ha very funny almost as funny as the squeaky post best post of all time when Nate was involved in the Midgard relic stealing debacle I actually kept that post and take it out in dark times allways worth a great belly laugh.

The only thing left in Midgard are NPC's and the guards in the keeps. Xyorman and Clumsy never figured out how to deal with ST's with SOS on INC. RIP to the DARKYI EU BG
    Pleazing wrote: »
    Why doesn't he just get reset to RR 1L0....why should BS add another RR for a player that PvE keeps? Maybe it would get the bandwagon players on hib to go to another realm and even things out.

You say PVE keeps but there are always people inside to keep those missions completed :)

;)

• edited April 2020 PM
    47el wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »

all you have to do is check the realm bonuses before hero logs on and after he logs off......
    i wish toons that do not receive realm points would not count towards the realm population bonus also

Are you telling me that when the hib zerg leader and all of his lemmings log off, Hib has a bonus? Mind blown
    Post edited by Shoke on

;)

Yes why do you think he invades Albion everyday. Gotta understand who he is completing quests against. (reading comprehension)

Why should they raise the RR cap for one player then? Sounds like you're advocating for greater RR disparity. Not sure how that will solve any population issue(s) Ywain currently faces. Maybe it's time for Hero to play a different realm. He could still get an Arms and/or Warrior to RR14 without having to change his playstyle. If the zerg action is so stale, why not revive Alb nation? Perhaps erect a new BG in Mid? There are options to improve action without increasing the RR cap.

You present options that are player driven. You can't just make a leader for Midgard or one who is smart in Albion.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    47el wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »

Are you telling me that when the hib zerg leader and all of his lemmings log off, Hib has a bonus? Mind blown

Are you telling me that you don't see the importance of a good leader with what you just stated ? Mind blown

;)

Yes why do you think he invades Albion everyday. Gotta understand who he is completing quests against. (reading comprehension)

The "Darkyi BG?"

You sound like a grumpy gremlin that has no choice but to support the cow because they shunned all others.

I think at 14L0 your RR should go in reverse, making it more challenging to kill guards and complete his one 25 kill quest :D

;)

The "Darkyi BG?"

You sound like a grumpy gremlin that has no choice but to support the cow because they shunned all others.

I think at 14L0 your RR should go in reverse, making it more challenging to kill guards and complete his one 25 kill quest :D

Ok let me dummy this down. You always have a handful of albs who will port in and feed the hibs. (hence taking bold/beno/ren/hub on the daily)

Look at Midgard when Xyorman left b/c he couldn't compete open field anymore. They have been a nonfactor for a long time. There has been some improvement with folks at home now but it's been a sad place for awhile.

8 man is dead and has been for SO LONG. Better take care of your zerg leader/players.

You present options that are player driven. You can't just make a leader for Midgard or one who is smart in Albion.

Sure you can. You've done it yourself. Why not do it again? I suspect you're afraid of the Hero BG since most of the population dipped last year.

Sure you can. You've done it yourself. Why not do it again? I suspect you're afraid of the Hero BG since most of the population dipped last year.

Again, your option is player driven. (focus) And does not even relate to the topic of the post. Even if you magically had legends of the past appear to lead Mid/Alb, if Hero got upset and left b/c he had nothing left to obtain..... hib population declines like Midgards did.
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Lol , time to reroll an other toon Herorius , its not a good idea to up the rr cap to 15
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • edited April 2020 PM
    Im with not upping the cap the only time i think that would be a good idea is when there are a lot of people that are rr14. Right now its just him at rr14
    Post edited by Names on

Again, your option is player driven. (focus) And does not even relate to the topic of the post. Even if you magically had legends of the past appear to lead Mid/Alb, if Hero got upset and left b/c he had nothing left to obtain..... hib population declines like Midgards did.

It's absolutely relevant. You're afraid of losing a BG leader because he refuses to play a different character in order to fulfill his desire for progression. This is only an issue because there's a lack of leadership (i.e. proactive players). A community problem cannot be solved by Broadsword. More players need to step up and other players need to support them if you want the zerg playstyle to thrive. Simply catering to one zerg leader won't help DAoC as a whole.

It's absolutely relevant. You're afraid of losing a BG leader because he refuses to play a different character in order to fulfill his desire for progression. This is only an issue because there's a lack of leadership (i.e. proactive players). A community problem cannot be solved by Broadsword. More players need to step up and other players need to support them if you want the zerg playstyle to thrive. Simply catering to one zerg leader won't help DAoC as a whole.

Why should he have to play a different character to keep progressing?

Lemme dummy this down for ya

because he hit the cap
  • I am grateful that there are leaders out there willing to lead BG's but shouldn't we be more supportive of the zerg leaders who try to organize pitiful zergs and get crushed by hero's superior numbers, time and time again? (With similar numbers Hero won't attack a realm).

If Broadsword wants to support zerg leaders, realm and class balance is probably key. Zerg surfing on a chanter/ment/ani/eld is just so attractive it's no wonder he's got the numbers.

because he hit the cap

A cap that was created many years ago (2001?) with nobody at that time thinking it would be achieved. (use your brain )

because he hit the cap

A cap that was created many years ago (2001?) with nobody at that time thinking it would be achieved. (use your brain )

So lets increase the level cap to 60.
  • Koe wrote: »
    I am grateful that there are leaders out there willing to lead BG's but shouldn't we be more supportive of the zerg leaders who try to organize pitiful zergs and get crushed by hero's superior numbers, time and time again? (With similar numbers Hero won't attack a realm).

If Broadsword wants to support zerg leaders, realm and class balance is probably key. Zerg surfing on a chanter/ment/ani/eld is just so attractive it's no wonder he's got the numbers.

Hero attacks keeps and even keeps port open for them. It's equal size numbers that don't want to do battle in open field with him.