Realm Timers + Draft Fights

2»

Comments

  • I will try to make this short. If your goal is farming RPs, making sure you hardly ever lose, or keeping your ego fed then by all means keep doing what you’re doing.

    If your goal is to promote 8v8, get more 8v8, and/or have more competitive 8v8, then the drafts that you’re doing are 100% the wrong thing to do. I watched your twitch videos and it was impressive. Back in 2004-2005, when I was at my peak, I considered myself to be one of the top players on my server. . .but I will admit I was never as good as what I saw. When you take all of your knowledge, experience, and skill and isolate yourselves from the rest of us. . .you aren’t helping anyone get better. This is the reason people accuse you of cheating, it’s kind of like when the government doesn’t tell the people what’s going on so a few of us come up with a few conspiracy theories that seem to fit the observations we have

    Here’s The goal, more competitive eight man groups. The solution is easily identifiable, but will be very difficult for you to achieve. You need to take your knowledge and disseminate it to other people, in other words you need to teach. You need to take new and returning players and group with them and teach them to be better players. Instead of the 16 of you all having access to dozens of accounts with countless realm rank 10 classes from all three realms, you should be running a PUG twice a week. Pick a day split all 16 of you up and each one of you run an eight man in discord and teach. You want more people to 8v8 you have to construct them.
  • iLk wrote: »
    I will try to make this short. If your goal is farming RPs, making sure you hardly ever lose, or keeping your ego fed then by all means keep doing what you’re doing.

    If your goal is to promote 8v8, get more 8v8, and/or have more competitive 8v8, then the drafts that you’re doing are 100% the wrong thing to do. I watched your twitch videos and it was impressive. Back in 2004-2005, when I was at my peak, I considered myself to be one of the top players on my server. . .but I will admit I was never as good as what I saw. When you take all of your knowledge, experience, and skill and isolate yourselves from the rest of us. . .you aren’t helping anyone get better. This is the reason people accuse you of cheating, it’s kind of like when the government doesn’t tell the people what’s going on so a few of us come up with a few conspiracy theories that seem to fit the observations we have

    Here’s The goal, more competitive eight man groups. The solution is easily identifiable, but will be very difficult for you to achieve. You need to take your knowledge and disseminate it to other people, in other words you need to teach. You need to take new and returning players and group with them and teach them to be better players. Instead of the 16 of you all having access to dozens of accounts with countless realm rank 10 classes from all three realms, you should be running a PUG twice a week. Pick a day split all 16 of you up and each one of you run an eight man in discord and teach. You want more people to 8v8 you have to construct them.

    They have actually given me and a few others I know pointers. If you have a question PM one of them they will answer you.( I know I have asked farmasist, Xuu and fraps many questions) The drafts are open to anyone interested, I see post about drafts almost every night in Chat. Beeyawnsay even had a 8v8 draft discord setup about a year ago and we would have like 5 groups doing drafts. When you are in a group with them drafting they are sure to tell you your role to help win the fight.
  • Lol the fact that alb casters are off limits is just a testiment to how stacked they are
  • For instance 8v8 zone. There is a simple solution...place labyrinth teleporter at the keep etc..labyrinth is currently dead so people can setup fight there.
  • 8 mans dont play ywain.

  • Yes we playing ywain and we 8 man .
  • edited April 9 PM
    This sounds like a fun time.wish you the best with it.

    But I'm not spending the time to get updated temps on the 20 toons I play to get next to zero rps to do it. See you on the new server if you choose to go!
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • It's funny, I watched the stream of the 8v8 draft last night and why anyone would want to partake is beyond me. You say it's to make new friends etc, yet all you guys did was yell at each other and **** talk players because they were not as "good" as some of you. So just call it drafts for already known 8man players because if anyone outside of that world tried to play I don't think they would last long at all. All in all it was still fun to watch.
  • Increase realm timers to 1 hour 10/10
  • Mini - you missed the 100% entire point. IRC need to make things easier for the masses and make things more difficult for IRC. They should run PUGs and lead BGs. They have to get out of their comfort zone. . .not try and make their exclusive club more exclusive.

    Xuu - run with 7 people you don't know I'll bet you get more 8v8.
  • iLk wrote: »
    Mini - you missed the 100% entire point. IRC need to make things easier for the masses and make things more difficult for IRC. They should run PUGs and lead BGs. They have to get out of their comfort zone. . .not try and make their exclusive club more exclusive.

    Xuu - run with 7 people you don't know I'll bet you get more 8v8.

    No one would follow them because they have realm hopped and burned everyone over and over again. Therefore they farm in "drafts" and leech on the zergs for l337 rps.

    #scrubs
  • Fateboi clueless lol
  • Fateboi clueless lol

    you mad boi
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Nope and nope...

    IRC and the other "8 mans" abused the realms and RvR for so very long that they actually affected EVERY OTHER ACTIVE PLAYERS gameplay. Therefore they enacted the realm timers.

    If anything they should INCREASE the realm timers in duration not decrease...

    how did they abuse the timer again ?

    the issue was realm zerg hoppers, not 8 people.
  • something to do with the realm population bonus timer --- i believe :)

    why i wish bots didnt count towards the population bonus----with low population 16 peeps make a difference
  • TY xuu for inviting me to drafts every night even though I am a tired old man :)
  • edited April 21 PM
    Battle Ground que suggestion-

    They should have you talk to a npc, go into a que and then be put on a map with your competitors. So there is no interference or give it 5 mins and drop in the next team same map, and so on. A never ending team death match.
    This way you get to play the way you want and the rest of the population won't have to deal with you.
    The trick will be to entice people to play with you and keep queing up.
    Post edited by Godsdemon on
  • Unfortunately Xuu, your idea sounds like its tailored for specific players and i dont mean a type of player i mean it sounds like u wanna pick who you team with and who you fight. BS wont spend the time to implvement something like that, it need to tailor for everyone who may want to participate. I got the want and enjoyment of 8v8s. It would have to be more of a BG instance i think and it would probably also have to be 8v8v8. You would be able to choose your grp if you like but not the enemy. To make it work for everyone there would have to be a solo queue option where it grps you automatically with others searching for a grp. I dont know that this would be successful or if it would be worth the time making. I can tell you for sure that they wont implement something so that the same 16 or so players can setup teams and battle each outside of NF
  • The que system is onething all other mmos use and i think it is terrible as you normally wait longers then 30 mins. Part of the fun is the risk/reward of not having to que up.

    That being said im still for a lvl 50 battle ground with an rr cap. If im right they still have a battle ground that is not being used. Could even add mob kill quest mainly for gold as a way to earn money dose not need to be much people wont be trying to lvl there as you would need to be lvl 50 to get in.
  • Aside from completely removing realm timers. Which I think should be done. A compromise should be to remove realm timers after 10pm est. - 6am est. So that during the low population hours people can switch at will to balance those coming and going.
  • why not just switch the realm timer for a realm rp loyality bonus that stacks with the others........

    should make everyone happy.... the realm pride peeps and the action peeps and the daoc history peeps :)
  • 47el wrote: »
    why not just switch the realm timer for a realm rp loyality bonus that stacks with the others........

    should make everyone happy.... the realm pride peeps and the action peeps and the daoc history peeps :)

    I like this one
  • 47el wrote: »
    why not just switch the realm timer for a realm rp loyality bonus that stacks with the others........

    should make everyone happy.... the realm pride peeps and the action peeps and the daoc history peeps :)

    I would rather have players be able to realm swap but earn zero RPs for 15-30min after swapping instead. keeps people playing and if you really did want to stay on that 2nd realm then those few minutes dont matter. Also this way people can fug around if they need to log in to a PvE zone and do some crafting or something or mess with their house. Just a thought. Realm timers are still a good idea
  • edited May 2 PM
    Realm timers need to go up in time. However the 8 man should have its niche in the game too. I believe they should have a seperate zone that you que into for a 8v8, or a 8v8 round robin fight. It ports you to a battleground or a fun location. The group gets 2 mins to prepare then you fight it out arena style. After a win/loss you go back and talk to an pc that lets you load another character from another realm in that zone for your fights. Once you come out of the arena battle grounds you revertback to the realm you entered it with when you started.

    The realm timers have never made me unsub. The bad decisions with classes and the clarity of scripts overlooked to keep subs has.
    Post edited by Godsdemon on
  • You could always draft in labby. might make people want to play there again.
  • How would that affect realm timers by playing in lab
Sign In or Register to comment.