What is IRC doing, that you can't?

Comments

• edited February 2020 PM
    Good answer on this one Xuuuu , too many stick lemmings in this game .
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    You don't see IRC doing what they do on their hibs while they are on their albs/mids. They are incredible players no doubt (best in the game)...they put in a TON of time. But I think it is apparent to all that Hib is unbalanced atm thus exacerbating the skill gap into something that is crazy difficult to overcome.

Well i play all 3 realms, and Hibs have way more great abilities then Albs have, like for exemple in the spec line Nature Affinity for the Druid, spell called Heart of Nature (level 50), you wont find anything similar on Albion, or even close to that!
    Or better exemple, the Enchanter level 41, Mana Barrier in Enhancements spec line, that is insane!

I was Told by Carol_Broadsword, almost 2 years ago, while talking to her on Ventrilo, that, she didn't know what i was talking about when i said that the balance is screwed up in DAoC! Her Answer was, " I dont know what your talking about, there is no such things, the realms are balanced! "
    And i have Witnesses, about 5 of us were talking with her!

Cripp
  • Cripp wrote: »
    Mace80 wrote: »
    You don't see IRC doing what they do on their hibs while they are on their albs/mids. They are incredible players no doubt (best in the game)...they put in a TON of time. But I think it is apparent to all that Hib is unbalanced atm thus exacerbating the skill gap into something that is crazy difficult to overcome.

Well i play all 3 realms, and Hibs have way more great abilities then Albs have, like for exemple in the spec line Nature Affinity for the Druid, spell called Heart of Nature (level 50), you wont find anything similar on Albion, or even close to that!
    Or better exemple, the Enchanter level 41, Mana Barrier in Enhancements spec line, that is insane!

I was Told by Carol_Broadsword, almost 2 years ago, while talking to her on Ventrilo, that, she didn't know what i was talking about when i said that the balance is screwed up in DAoC! Her Answer was, " I dont know what your talking about, there is no such things, the realms are balanced! "

Cripp

While the level 50 Nature spell Heart of Nature is good on paper, no serious group will take a 50 Nature Druid in a group. You are basically taking a 1500 base range ae root class with low damage with a 10 minute cd group de-root (who will only have either 20 regrowth or 20 nurture) and 10 second base cast single de-root over other classes with a better tool kit.

The level 41 Enchantment spell Mana Barrier has a 45 second cd on each individual player. Enchantment spec'd enchanters do not bring as much utility to a caster group than they do to a tank group. The utility of Enchantment spec'd enchanters in a tank group is very high but in a caster group, any serious group would have them respec to mana or bring a different class. Again, that spell looks good on paper, but so does the Heretic rr5 but they too don't get spots in serious Alb 8man groups as other classes will be a better fit.

Every realm has some niche spell that looks good on paper, but is not utilized in serious groups. There may be many different reasons but overall, it usually ends up being certain classes have better synergy together in each realm. I'm not here saying Nature Druids or Enchantment spec'd Enchanters can't get groups, but those roles can be filled by other classes that will have better synergy with others. It's the same way I feel about high spec'd Cave Shaman. I really like their tool kit and enjoy playing one, but I wouldn't take one in a serious group.
  • 50 nature druids don't get groups, unless the druid lies and just wants to troll people.

Enchantment chanters are pretty meh, animist is much better in a tanker.
  • Cripp wrote: »
    Mace80 wrote: »

Cripp

[bangs head against keyboard]

All three realms have unique abilities in worthless spec lines.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • its more or less the communication inbetween grp members, tactics and of couse it also helps that the key players have a bunch of high ranks aswell. things like get space before spamming dps and do it as a team, you only really learn it if youre doing competive 8vs8 vs equal grps tbh
  • also the hib caster grp that they run is defenetly good to bomb and do rps but a equal skilled alb tanker or alb caster grp should just kill that setup easy
  • scerff wrote: »
    I would also note that many people don't take advantage of the qbind system, and might consider investing in a programmable gaming mouse.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    I'd argue that chanters are one of the best classes in the game. Aside from the obvious benefits for a tank group the benefits for a caster group are also there.

There's probably a reason their heals are so good. Maybe you guys should check out some other spells chanters have... (that are castable when running, and you can have up on multiple targets at the same time)

Hmm wonder why they run two of them.... :)

Edit, I'm going to go ahead and spell it out. Those of you refusing to run enchant chanters are fools. (some frustration from not getting groups before I quit coming out here lol)
    They're a free class spot, free. You should run one in basically every group if you got a player who knows how to play one.
    If your group has 2 healers, chanter can make them equal to 3 healers. If you have 3 healers, now you have equalvalent of 4.2. Free class spot. If they keep heal buffs up (they're way in the back so they are free to do so), if they just exist they help the group. Add to that they have a pet who can interrupt (and interrupt themselves), assist tanks on healers, peel, use RA/ML's, item /uses, literally anything.
    They're mana hogs so you have to sit in the back and can't just spam DDS which is why everyone fails playing them, but existing and buffing your healers is enough. Speedwarp, CL disease, 1 second stun on a tank is enough to help. Magical buffer, combat speed debuff, list goes on lol....

So again, I just sometimes don't get the meta of this game. Stuff is so obvious to me that almost no one else clicks with lol. Glad IRC figured it out and is stomping cuz of it.
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • AHK is a convenience. The guy referring to it probably seen some use it for /face -> jump -> spellcast. It's used to face, then break the auto-face with jump, not to make it harder to target at all. It's fun, but I don't like jump tied to every spellcast. Didn't see IRC tie jump in tho, maybe someone did in their pug who knows.

If anyone wonders, it's allowed to use AHK for the sole reason of programmable keyboards, mouses. Since they can be uploaded directly on keyboard on some models etc the game wouldn't detect anyway, so either allow it for everything, or don't allow but people going to bind actions anyway. Feel free to use it, it's not necessary, but a great tool.
    Wow @AlaskaMike just found Hib's secret... /Facepalm.

Do you even play hib, or are you just theorycrafting about enchantment chanters actually being good?

You know how much enchanters spec into enchantments? 6. I'll let you know figure out why.

I mean it's ok to rewuest some changes to other realms when hib is dominating. The game, since the 1.126 patch, has been all about siege and keep/tower fights. Hib, for the last 18 years, has always been the better realm for keep defenses. Some changes over the years has increased ghe gap with other realms as stated in this thread (champs ae debuffs, unmana, 425 delve pbae on a good spec line, etc). But when you start saying that Nature Druids and Enchantment chanters are Op, I mean come on.
    Post edited by opo66 on
  • I really appreciate the discussion and transparency from the IRC folks. Their dominance is the source of much frustration for opposing players, so anything they can do to support friendly competition would help this community and game stay alive. I would struggle to maintain civility with the amount of trolling they receive.

There is absolutely no reason to use radar on EV. IRC is actually predictable. Deathspam within a location, light up a tower, or take bugs and wait 30 seconds. They will show up.

Any PUG will die to a set group regardless of realm. Also, if you aren't using voice in an 8man, seriously lower your expectations and join the zerg.
  • Everyone in their group is good. Everyone pay's attention. Everyone knows what to do. That is it.
  • Creaper is right. They're simply good. They've put the time in and have mastery over gameplay hence my original statement. Every game has players like this. Xuu and crew just stand out because the population is horrendously low.

But hey, /assist is high level play around here.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • IRC is frustrating always because they are so good. That is just a fact... however, I think the realm imbalance right now is exacerbating that issue. I've got nothing against IRC ...rather I more detest those who realm hop with them to suckle at the teat of IRC ..(evidenced by all of the mids on last night following them around)

Lately, when I log on hib... I get copious rpts in a much easier way. My little rr6 chanter is more powerful than nearly all of my alb casters save for my tic which is about even (depends on situation...in siege I get more kills on my chanter due to stun...open field my tic's survivability shines) Trying to defend against hibs is about as fun as putting my %*#@ in a blender....

IRC is tough no matter what realm they play but they aren't wiping zergs on their albs or mids on the regular like they do with their hibs.
  • They are more coordinated then most. I don't know the current roster as i haven't played live for a few years. They have had people using radar but i can't say they currently do.

As to speed/cast hacks i cant say ive ever seen it, from irc, defies now thats another story. I once ran with smakish a few times over the course of a month years ago and they kept whining about cc hacks. It was evident from watching smakish hitting everything under the sun and the sorc and minst pets being on tanks breaking all of the cc that clearly hacks were an excuse for people being too stupid to pay attention to the actual actions they were taking.
  • Vewdoo wrote: »
    They are more coordinated then most. I don't know the current roster as i haven't played live for a few years. They have had people using radar but i can't say they currently do.

As to speed/cast hacks i cant say ive ever seen it, from irc, defies now thats another story. I once ran with smakish a few times over the course of a month years ago and they kept whining about cc hacks. It was evident from watching smakish hitting everything under the sun and the sorc and minst pets being on tanks breaking all of the cc that clearly hacks were an excuse for people being too stupid to pay attention to the actual actions they were taking.

I read that as Smakish and too stupid...
  • Well if the shoe fits.
  • I love how this post started off haxx and exploits and even someone who has ran with them said they have noticed fishy things but then once he speaks, everyone is like "oh your just a pro, im so sorry for doubting you. please teach me" and everyone is all about sharing pro tips LOL
  • Well the post started with baseless accusations based on lack of game knowledge. Kind of evident the topic would shift to something that actuallu makes sense
  • Of course anyone with keyboarding skill should be considered good at an application which requires same, Duh, but when that is combined with "scripting" and, in my opinion, improper third-party programs DarkAgeOfCamelot loses.
  • Define improper. Autohotkey has been approved by John himself. Double binding keys is standard on all gaming keyboards. Very little they can do to enforce not using them, and to what benefit?

In life you get to choose to go with the flow, or stay im your ways and look at it go right by you.
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Creaper is right. They're simply good. They've put the time in and have mastery over gameplay hence my original statement. Every game has players like this. Xuu and crew just stand out because the population is horrendously low.

But hey, /assist is high level play around here.

Assisting and qbinds, High Level PLay
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • opo66 wrote: »
    In life you get to choose to go with the flow, or stay im your ways and look at it go right by you.

Thanks for this lesson, we learn alot here.
  • I'd say the largest difference between their group and the few others I have been in is communication. It is very clear what is going on at all times and things very rarely break down. It is easy to anticipate heals so very rarely are there bursts so it seems like the support is magical because the exposed target is already being healed before the burst damage hits them. Then the caller has good target selection and everyone in the group immediately works with them via the magic /assist cmd. Furthermore in terms of target selection the dps is generally targeted first with the squishiest at the forefront. Support classes are generally targeted as targets of opportunity rather than priorities. This is completely opposite to most small man situation and a lot of PUG mentalities. It is about out dps'ing the supports capabilities and burst damage. That burst is key. otherwise it is very easy to out heal the damage.

For those who are just screaming about nerfing hib have no real clue what they are talking about. The hib group they run isn't the most efficient 8v8 set up. However, it is the most efficient set up for taking on superior numbers.

For those that call hacks I have never seen any evidence of anything fishy. tbh I really don't see any evidence of much exploitation or hacks in the game in general.
  • Well it’s nice to know irc don’t cheat and don’t use 3 rd party programs and no radar.
    It’s also great that hibs aren’t overpowered yeh I think the game is in great shape great post im sure everyone is a lot happier now I know I am I mean I just love you guys your so sincere and truthful let’s have a big hand for irc they are just misunderstood.
  • ahh so they dont switch for the underpopulated bonus to get more rps and action :)
    @Brut I think people would actually take what you say seriously if most of your post wasn't about "let's make class (on Albion) OP so people that don't know how to play the game can be successful".
    Post edited by opo66 on
  • From my perspective after daoc since release.
    IRC is nothing new, played Euro excal server and regular vented groups or at that time cafe/set ups always dominated.

Player base has just shrunk to a point where you have x amount of hard core IRC players vs a random selection of pugs and casuals..

I have seen many patches over the years, I hear 'risk and reward' and last few patches tweeks to help smaller numbers over come larger numbers with 'skill'.

I ask one question, Broadswords aims to increase subscribers I would say with DAOC how many IRC players possibly 20ish maybe 30 i am not sure.whats the player base currently 1000/1500??

I guess what I am saying is its a about business and maths.

How many hours a day do IRC players play? That would be interesting.
    @xuu
    Post edited by Kroko on

• I ask one question, Broadswords aims to increase subscribers I would say with DAOC how many IRC players possibly 20ish maybe 30 i am not sure.whats the player base currently 1000/1500??

I guess what I am saying is its a about business and maths.

Playerbase is 150-500. "IRC" is 4-5 guys now grouping some standouts.
  • opo66 wrote: »
    @Brut I think people would actually take what you say seriously if most of your post wasn't about "let's make class (on Albion) OP so people that don't know how to play the game can be successful".

I still wouldn't take him seriously at that point...
  • I play a warrior, I click, so take that you whiners
  • Over the years, there have been constant cries that the better players are using cc hacks. No one, not once, has ever been ever to prove that exists. But, watching groups like Smakish's constantly break cc? Happened all the time.

/smh

@opo66
    Your right. I have no idea what I'm talking about because I've never played this game. Except I was the chanter in my group. 50 enchant spec. It was epic. Granted we were mostly a tank group, and almost exclusively rr2-5. But we won way more than our share of fights (including irc, but prolly only 1/4 of those).

Why were we successful? Because we spent a good 3 months playing almost every night on mid prior to the class changes with a core of 5-6, rest pug. We also constantly switched up the group setup to test stuff out. I got more toons rr1-7 in that small amount of time than the previous 10 years to rr4. No zerging, cept unavoidable ghost keep BS (which I hated).

It's called assisting a debuff train, assisting a tank train, knowing when to peel/extend/push.

Having support classes that synergize with multiple roles.

Having a single person calling shots and having the whole team competent enough to call audibles.

So yeah, wild theory rafting, except having good people able to pull it off.

Hmm. I believe I got my thane, warrior (surprisingly my 2nd fav class to play) , shaman, 2 healers, RM, SM, BD, 2 locks, Sav, zerk, sb(yes, in a visi group), (maybe Valk?), necro, sorc, theurg, tic, pally, arms, (merc or reaver, can't remember), druid, enchanter (my fav obviously), aninist, hero, ranger(yes, in a visi group, it was epic), can't remember what else to rr5-9(healers) in that short amount of time.

I was trying to collect rr5 abilities.

I succeeded.

I also, hope, that I have a somewhat basic understanding of this game, but what do I know, I only get 99% of my rps in 6-12 man's....

Edit, we also sometimes tried to find any and all advantages we could, mainly for the lulz. Remember dying to a group upon porting to EV? Take an assasin, teleport to an enemy as he's about to come down off the ledge. Go hide and have your group come up and die to enemies. When it's safe, have assassin champ rez the group, rebuff, group stealth, and start dominating portal pad for the 15 minutes it takes to get overwhelmed. Lol. Too bad we never managed to get a pbaoe group up there.....

Some of those advantages were figuring out what specs to get 3+ different casters to all still have a single debuff dmg type or max 2, while still having all the demezzes and utility from secondary specs. It was fun, almost all theorycrafting, and we raked in the rps because of it.... Just like IRC, good on then for keeping it going this long!

Edit:I also don't know why no one's figured out to use shaman hot (or two) with moc disease and buffs hear, a few valks bging some pbaoe SM's with tank pet on passive spamming aoe heals and abilities, healer di and instaaoestun along with other abilities you can fit in a group, along with a single SB (multiple, switch 1 into group depending on CD) for groupstealth to take out zergs, but what do I know?
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • Kat wrote: »
    Over the years, there have been constant cries that the better players are using cc hacks. No one, not once, has ever been ever to prove that exists. But, watching groups like Smakish's constantly break cc? Happened all the time.

/smh

People wouldn't constantly be accusing others of cheating if there was some sort of monitoring, or a live person responding to appeals. They're not cheating, but if the community is aware CSR's are out there keeping an eye on exploiters (which how long has that been since that happened??????), there probably wouldn't be so many people thinking they cheat.
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    @opo66
    Edit:I also don't know why no one's figured out to use shaman hot (or two) with moc disease and buffs hear, a few valks bging some pbaoe SM's with tank pet on passive spamming aoe heals and abilities, healer di and instaaoestun along with other abilities you can fit in a group, along with a single SB (multiple, switch 1 into group depending on CD) for groupstealth to take out zergs, but what do I know?

Probably because Valks don't have BG. Shamans need 46 aug to get ae con shear, so that leaves the shitty group HoT, if you want to ae str/con shear you don't get group HoT. Think you're better off just MoC pbae SMs with a ST on top from the Thane or RM.
    AlaskaMike wrote: »
    @opo66

What do you know? :P Valk's no BG as shoke pointed out, insta aoe stun is only 150 unit radius (lol), valk pbae heal is on a timer so youre not spamming that. Also if you're running two shammy's, 3 valk's, two shadowblades, one pac healer, you don't have room for an SM.

Soooo
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
  • Id take BM line on a valk in a heartbeat. SL valk? Hell you can rarely find a SL Thane!!
  • SL line just needs to be revamped big time. That is the biggest garbage can of an ML choice.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    we fight Xuu Cru every night. They win every night. Sometimes we have really good fights with them. They are the top group in the game. But if you watch some of fraps videos, you can see what they are good at.
    - Fraps was great at not breaking his speed. He would stay just on the edge of heal range. So it was hard to get to him. and if you tried, you would die. ( Experience talking )
    - They are qbinded. They have macros setup on their mouse or use AHK to double bind things like Mezz / demezz or debuff/dd
    - they assist. You have champ come in qui/dex debuff ( you cant cast fast enough to out damage their heals.) then 50 % resist debuff and assist on target. ( You are dead.)
    - They are aware of CC. Prob most important. They are not giving people immunities.
    - They are spread out
    - they kill pets on inc.

and the the zergers, take AE DDs off your bar. If you are ae dding you are more than likely breaking CC

Post edited by Minibard on
    Also check out Obelisk918 on youtube. He has some good tutorials on qbinding and he also does some class over views where people can learn things they may not know about the class they play

• Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this post. Thanks @Minibard for the mention of Obelisk918 videos, I have watched his and would like to see more video tutorials if anyone would make them on complementing abilities. Sharing the knowledge will increase better balances and those who don't play other realms will know what's available.
    Leoj line of characters Alb
    Follytrolly line of characters Hib
    Sitruc line of characters Mid
  • What are they doing that I can't?
    Jumping, casting and assisting simultaneously.
    Why can't I do that? It's because i grew up in a time when typing was considered something women would need for a job as a secretary. Hence, it wasn't much of a consideration for the boys in my high school. That and a proclivity for laziness meant I would never be more than a "hunt and pecker." Combine that with a point and click mentality and there is your explanation.
    My workaround has been to play in group(s). The bigger, the better.
    Let me posit these "IRC" would never lose/die if they didn't jump and run when faced with defeat OR there were no battlegroups.
    Fast froward from the 1960's to the 1990's: My son types well over a hundred words per minute. I die if I type in group chat. You know, things like "Incoming?"
    One more thing: Bolt range mezz is very difficult to fight against.
    Bolt range mezz is not that big of a deal. Healers has insta mezz and bards have insta,amnesia. Ns eliminates bolt range
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    The general public refuses to play a proper group setup, they just want to play the class they want to play. Ask them to swap, get attitude "PAY MY $15 /MO THEN YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO." Well, okay, go die then idgaf. Lack of people willing to learn from better players, people still think they cheat (lolololololololololololololololololol yes they streaming their elite h4x lololololololololololololololololololol), everybody thinks they know everything and theyre willing to show you through their extensive paper daoc posts.

Shut up and work harder, nobody cares.

Listen to the man, he's an AFG(Away From Game) MVP...... :p

There is a massive skill disparity, and I don't think it can be corrected at this point. These days it's hard to even find people who have multiple classes in decent enough templates to have them swap, and it's sure to become much worse as population dwindles. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....we need more 8 mans and less zergs so **** players have to step up and not just get by being a useless lemming.

I'm also tired of hearing about IRC cheating.....it's called being a sore loser. Just because you can't beat them doesn't mean they cheat. I have listened to whole zergs screaming "THEY CHEAT!"......naw......you just got your ass kicked and now we're looking to pass the blame on something other than "GD I suck!". I swear to God I would seriously consider slapping my son if he lost a baseball/archery/nameyoflippinsport and then whined that the other team cheated. Stop melting you little snowflakes and GiT GuD. :|
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • Also can I say it's pretty sick how many groups run on inc when they come in, and this is another issue I find absolutely silly. Fight them, learn from them. Open field you will learn real quick your group's strength and weakness, adjust, adapt, overcome...... But naw....."It's IRC, I'm not fighting them.... RUN."
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • INACA wrote: »
    Also can I say it's pretty sick how many groups run on inc when they come in, and this is another issue I find absolutely silly. Fight them, learn from them. Open field you will learn real quick your group's strength and weakness, adjust, adapt, overcome...... But naw....."It's IRC, I'm not fighting them.... RUN."

preach. @Minibard group just dodges me or 180s nowadays. stopped setting up so we just KOS them. shame, with their new group setup they have real potential but instead of helping them with tips on what they need to do to win i think i'll just keep farming them while they try to zerg me.

ez dubz
    never mind