Working as inteed ?

2u4fz2nz5eme.jpg
5ir8lie4j2eo.jpg

roaming worth nothing now , but tower , keep bonus seems very excessive now .

Comments

• jx0v46pxdv5q.jpg
    Hellblast wrote: »
    2u4fz2nz5eme.jpg
    5ir8lie4j2eo.jpg

roaming worth nothing now , but tower , keep bonus seems very excessive now .

• Hellblast wrote: »
    jx0v46pxdv5q.jpg
    Hellblast wrote: »
    2u4fz2nz5eme.jpg
    5ir8lie4j2eo.jpg

roaming worth nothing now , but tower , keep bonus seems very excessive .

2u4fz2nz5eme.jpg
    5ir8lie4j2eo.jpg

roaming worth nothing now , but tower , keep bonus seems very excessive
  • EZ mode hib....one guy PvEs relics when no ones on. Everyone zergs defends when alb/mid try to take back because there's no realm timers worth while. EZ mode all day...
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • 1 200 000 rps in 4 hours gameplay , there a problem with keep bonus
  • And yes irc love easy mode , they still play on hibs because its so easy to make rps with the current relic bonus and the crazy caster setup range/area dmg .
  • Realm timers won't change anything. Removing the PB meta would help though.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • They do the same on mid btw.

Just because u cant take a keep. Dont blame people swapping realms. Its just a population issue.
  • Superior gameplay -> superior RP, i guess you can't say anything against that

However its a little bit sad to see such players mainly (if not always) in keep defense position, or maybe roaming.

Why not choose one realm and contribute to its benefit? Why not take a keep for your realm? Why not paint Hibernia red/blue if herorius zerg is such a nuisance.
    For me, this is the ultimate goal of a game like daoc. I do not know if realm pride is a good word or frowned upon, but to some extent it is quite the essence of what makes this game and what breaks it.
  • realm pride was what made the game great......but that was a long time ago

• KoeKoe
    edited January 2020 PM
    Keep defense works better on Hib- Better casters for it. That's why the stats look better on Hib than when these same guys play Mid/Alb.

Also Jump in to defend Scath is probably where they made most of their RPS when this was taken (not sure). Also doesn't hurt that Hibs with 10% to heal and caster damage.

Keep defense bonus should get you nothing, or be halved if you have more than your two relics. You already have an inherent "bonus/incentive" to defend- to keep your extra heals/damage. Obviously I also believe that hib casters are out of alignment especially vs mids in defense situations. Any healer sticking their head out to assist with stun on mid is a healer not spam healing (which keeps most hib casters alive), and is a player not contributing either dps or those sustained heals.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Minibard wrote: »
    They do the same on mid btw.

Just because u cant take a keep. Dont blame people swapping realms. Its just a population issue.

Not with those numbers of RPS they don't. When they play mid I usually have as much rps as they do, or close to it (maybe 50k-75k a session... not 750k or 1.2m).
    1 200 000 rps in 4 hours gameplay , there a problem with keep bonus

886k from actual player kills. 46k healed (assuming 75% rp bonus because the toon was R3 to start the session and 50% rp pot because otherwise I don't understand the rp/kill), that's an extra 100k from heals and 50k from rezzes. 180k defense bonus is only 13% the total. It's not the main issue, (though lessening def bonus if you have other relics works for me).