What you done with Stealth

Give me a few good reasons to play a stealther with all of the new stealth changes.

This new stealth system is so bad now. Having to sink my RA just to be the way I was before patch is frustrating. 30 RA points poof gone sets us back 3 ranks. That's a huge nerf on my damage output

Every class is hunting us to the point people aren't playing. Times have changed.

The element of surprise is seriously overrated by your team.

You don't give me many options for solo sneaking anymore and it's really frustrating to play now then it used to be.

Comments

• Just play a ranger
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Prank80 wrote: »
    Ya I think I will, but I just wasted my time making a new NS!

Ya I think I will, but I just wasted my time making a new NS!
    Post edited by Prank80 on
  • Just imho stealth zergs got out of control, so there had to be a stealth nerf across the board. The only class not nerfed was ranger. ..which is kind of funny because it is the hib stealth zerg that runs 10+ with a bard and warden
    I could have came up with a better solution then making them unplayable. Off the top of my head, clustered sneaks stealth effectiveness reduced.

The zergs were horrendous when I played about 10-12 years ago, but it was mostly ranged sneaks.

They butchered my favorite class. I really don't want to play a ranger, I'd rather quit. I like would like to play my nightshade but I just can't kill anything now. I used to kill solo characters all the time, now it's not doable. Totally sucks!
    @Prank80
    Run in BG to get some RR. Hero BG is running at the time you write this post. You can climb, its fun!
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Prank it is very hard to play a Assassin class unless you have a high rr ask Nexxrons if you can run with him I don't play stealth as much to really help ya out but don't give up on it. I was talking with my guildies on how much we die and a good night we might min 5 bad night is 12. We usally run 5-6 people when we do run. If you play Mid Wrinkles grp are very nice people they would take ya. Stealh lore is crazy in this game along with way to much CC.
    Peeps say the stealthers killed the game but that's not true its all the dang CC. I play a lot of MMO's and this is the only game with crazy long Mezz backed up by stun backed up by Mezz all on different timers so you are never truly immune to it. Don't give up !!

• Oh no what will we do with one less stealth zerger!! The humanity!! Stealth is toxic to this game. Remove it entirely and just give assassins and rangers a health/armor boost or something.

#removestealth
  • Please stick to the topic.
  • scerff wrote: »
    Oh no what will we do with one less stealth zerger!! The humanity!! Stealth is toxic to this game. Remove it entirely and just give assassins and rangers a health/armor boost or something.

#removestealth

what do you mainly play???
    Badgor wrote: »
    Prank it is very hard to play a Assassin class unless you have a high rr ask Nexxrons if you can run with him I don't play stealth as much to really help ya out but don't give up on it. I was talking with my guildies on how much we die and a good night we might min 5 bad night is 12. We usally run 5-6 people when we do run. If you play Mid Wrinkles grp are very nice people they would take ya. Stealh lore is crazy in this game along with way to much CC.
    Peeps say the stealthers killed the game but that's not true its all the dang CC. I play a lot of MMO's and this is the only game with crazy long Mezz backed up by stun backed up by Mezz all on different timers so you are never truly immune to it. Don't give up !!

Thanks bud. That's reassuring! I'm not exactly having a hard time getting groups I just prefer soloing. It's less demanding when I may need to AFK. I've met a really nice group of stealthers on hib and it's seriously the only RP gain I've seen.

Today I perfed a warlock for 285(-256) and managed to get stun off. He absolutely dominated me. It took a lot of work to land that combo and the reward is that pathetic damage. Everything is so messed up with this class.
    Whining about having to spec for Mastery of Stealth? What do you think all of the other stealth characters did for the 14-15 years prior to the stealth revamp...

Also it’s time to remove Archer free Remedy. Archers shouldn’t have any access to Remedy especially since Envenom has been nerfed three times since revamp patch. @John_Broadsword for consideration.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Whining about having to spec for Mastery of Stealth? What do you think all of the other stealth characters did for the 14-15 years prior to the stealth revamp...

Also it’s time to remove Archer free Remedy. Archers shouldn’t have any access to Remedy especially since Envenom has been nerfed three times since revamp patch. @John_Broadsword for consideration.

GL

Are you joking? Hijack someone else thread please.
  • @Prank80 so you hit a class with 33% abs and are surprised you didn't much damage?

Stealth had it easy for the past 2-3 years, it was to a point where everyone and their grandmother were playing sins.

You would run around and see nothing and when you finally found sonething, Nexxron's inbred guild jumped on everything on sight.

There's a reason people hate stealthers, it's good game design imo that you need to make concessions on the RAs you get. You can still get damage RAs, but your stealth wont be good.
    Shoke wrote: »
    @Prank80 so you hit a class with 33% abs and are surprised you didn't much damage?

Stealth had it easy for the past 2-3 years, it was to a point where everyone and their grandmother were playing sins.

You would run around and see nothing and when you finally found sonething, Nexxron's inbred guild jumped on everything on sight.

There's a reason people hate stealthers, it's good game design imo that you need to make concessions on the RAs you get. You can still get damage RAs, but your stealth wont be good.

Ya I don't remember warlocks havintg that much ABS, I guess they needed it right?

As for the zerging. I totally get that and it sucks. It's not exactly what I want to play like. With that being said I guess this class is from what I gather a dead class going forward in my world. I should have stayed retired. :pensive:
    Devs don't understand if you nerf stealth they just group together more... But it's more then that.

Started with patch that change envenom and stealth. This patch lowered vaild specs and made rr less impactful (effective stealth, effective env was no longer a thing). It also made switching weapons not a thing. And nerfs to viper. All of this lead to easier play and lower rr need to do well, but at the same time made good players less good compared to others (flatted the skill levels, which in most competive games makes fights more random which can be more entertaining but sucks for skill based games)

1. The dropping the skill diff reward leads to more numbers being the only good way to beat the other player. (One good does not kill 6 bad (they use remedy but unstyle or something) anymore)

2. Also adding the issue of no longer being able to pick your fights and get kills ( light tank, grouped rangers,and other stealth lore issues) leads to less stealth on stealth fights and more stealth on groups or hard counter fights. (Where the only good way to win is more people)

3. And the fact that stealth is now easier adds to more people to group with.

4. And finally nerfing there strait up damage makes there 1v1 worse so once again they group up.

5. Oh and pop sucks there is less stragglers to kill

Something needs to change as people like the play style of being stealth, no mater now much you nerf you will have stealth but they will just group more.

If you buff them I don't think that will work as 1-3 still applys. Sadly I don't have a good fix but to undo 1-4.

Reward skill and rr more, make them more "sneaky" remove some stealth lore or something, make them harder to play in general (make it so you can sick on them again), and just rase there damage/toys so they can 1v1 (other changes would probably do this anyway), get more people in the game. Easy right haha

Oh and this apply to bow uses to, old archery system rewarded knowing what you just shot at, now you hit almost anything and get about the same result as it's kind of magic like.
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • I don't buy the argument that nerfing stealthers makes them group more

the same stealth zergs are still around now as when the first iteration of the stealth patch hit and sins were godmode, didn't make them split up and go solo/smallman back then. Stealthers being the most powerful they've ever been did not reduce the size of the stealth zergs, if anything it added to it. No matter how much you buff/nerf stealthers the stealth groups seem to stick to their playstyle. If anything nerfing stealthers gets the soloers off them and onto the other fotm 1v1 classes instead, while making the stealth zergs more managable for everyone to deal with.
  • Flik wrote: »
    I don't buy the argument that nerfing stealthers makes them group more

the same stealth zergs are still around now as when the first iteration of the stealth patch hit and sins were godmode, didn't make them split up and go solo/smallman back then. Stealthers being the most powerful they've ever been did not reduce the size of the stealth zergs, if anything it added to it. No matter how much you buff/nerf stealthers the stealth groups seem to stick to their playstyle. If anything nerfing stealthers gets the soloers off them and onto the other fotm 1v1 classes instead, while making the stealth zergs more managable for everyone to deal with.

Exactly.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
    If you want less stealth zergs remove sneaks being able to see each their own group in stealth at unlimited range.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
    Run comp 50stl and higher offhand spec. and MoS5 rest into your preferred RAs. I just made a sin post nerf and hit RR1 -5 completely solo just fine. Climbing past that would be even easier. They’re are still very viable. It’s just a change you have to adjust too re template in stealth along with your other items. A lot of people are doing double craft to help fill. But if you can without then more power to you.
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    [baiting/trolling]
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • 4-5 years ago stealthers were perfect. They were a highly difficult class to play, but could be extremely powerful if played correctly, and that was what kept them in check. Then the stealth patch came, and sins were made so easy that, like @Shoke said, everyone and their grandma was playing them. Now the poison line is pretty nerfed, but it takes makes the difficulty back up so less people play them which is what everyone wanted

OP, you need to die 1000 times as a noob stealther before you become great stealther, they are still a strong class
  • @fateboi msg me your reply on discord please. Would love to read it.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    @Prank80 What started it was the patch with stealth revamp, where one of the objectives was to integrate sins into the 8v8 community. Why they thought it was a good idea, nobody knows, but whatever.

They redid envenom, making it so easy to swap poisons, that one of the limiting aspect of playing an assassin (weapon swapping) was gone. They gave them ridiculously strong abilities (snare poison, blur, etc) and made their debuffs so strong that playing a sin was easier than ever.

Obviously, changing them to encourage them to group leads to assassins grouping even more, which lead to more stealth zerging.

Nowadays, the game is mainly a numbers game, the more people you bring the more chance of success you have, regardless of the strength of your class.

If nerfing stealthers stops people from playing them because they aren't as easy to play as before, then that's a good thing. However, with the nerf to assassins, what we are starting to see is that they are being replaced by rangers.

In my mind you cannot nerf assassins but leave archers the way they are now, with free remedy. Remedy should be seen the same way as blur. You want remedy, spec 50 stealth. They are extremely strong abilities, people need to make a sacrifice to get them.

As to the warlock, if he is solo he was most likely WC spec, so yeah they get a 31% ABS buff, that stacks with CL ABS buff, so they are running around at 36% abs. Add PD7+ and they are tough to kill for a stealther. However, you can pick your fight and it's not like warlocks weren't easy to spot.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • I think you're just camping/playing in the wrong places. Everyone's expectations were skewed by the glory days of EV, RPs, free MOS etc... As they've rolled many of those things back our expectations and playstyles must also roll back to before those things existed. Go to the solo zones/rubble mazes, rolling pins, docks etc... Displace after a kill as that is when the groups will come to hunt you down.

Stealth have been a pariah in this game for a long time and as such people (myself included) take great joy in killing stealth when given the opportunity. Mostly we hunt the groupers (Nexxron, Wrinkles et. al.) because we know that they will pounce on us when solo when given the chance... so when duo or trio we want to give them payback and prove they just plain suck on their toons. There are solo stealthers that are VERY good on their toons whom I will say I generally cannot kill (they may not kill me but with all of their escape tools they are very tough to kill). But, generally speaking, those who zerg are CAKE when you catch them 1v1.

When we find a known soloer we, and many other stealther hunters, will let them be as they aren't the problem. Just keep plugging away, play smart and you can make it. But, associate yourself with the trash and you will be lumped into the KOS/hunted list.
  • Good sins can kill archers even when archers use remedy.
  • @Kat does it require the archer to have a similar skill level to kill an assassin? Or a bad archer can kill a decent sin?
    Mace80 wrote: »
    Mostly we hunt the groupers (Nexxron, Wrinkles et. al.) because we know that they will pounce on us when solo when given the chance... so when duo or trio we want to give them payback and prove they just plain suck on their toons.

I have no remorse for jumping on solo, duo, trio etc, whether i'm grouped or not. Maybe i play the game differently than most, but i adopted that method when i first bought the game. I played alb for first 9 years i played the game. I saw a hib, i tried to kill a hib, i saw a mid, i tried to kill a mid. Stealth gave me the advantage of hiding like a cockroach (@Westies :smile: ) and pick and chose what and when i wanted to fight. I grew tired of being ran over by zergs, groups, *insert other variables here.

While i have no remorse for killing an #enemy at any time, i also have no ill will to anyone who decides to or has jumped me...
    1. Going to a dock to grab a boat
    2. Going to level a low level toon
    3. Trying to run bp quest in an attempt to catch up

Is it frustrating to die repeatedly like that? Absolutely, its the #1 reason i rolled stealth on every realm.

That was the developers intent right? Make something enticing so i would have to go "out" of my safe zone to get there. If im on mid, then i expect you to try to kill me if you're a hib or an alb. Maybe if you've shriveled a kidney due to drinking too much and i donated one of mine... then and only then take pity on me and let me travel freely.

These days too many people know too many people. You never know who you can kill.. when you can kill em, oh wait.. thats my cousin's brothers fiance'. Keep it simple. Kill em all. Rarely do i pay attention to names.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • I expect nothing less Sleepwell. I'm not saying I expect a free pass. But that doesn't stop the frustration from it and therefore, satisfaction that results from getting revenge. My biggest gripe with stealth groups is that they have no intention of taking on a challenge. Kill me 8v1 sure fine ...its rvr..I get it. But then to watch them let a 4 man run through and not even attempt them is incredibly sad. Again, they're going to do what they want and thats fine. But the social/in game repercussion is they will receive no mercy and put big targets on their back as a result. That is the main point I was trying to make. I feel as though stealthers have been getting a little whiney lately about how much people target/hunt them. I'm just trying to provide a rational for why that is the case.
  • One of many reasons i quit was the stealth patch. Stealth zergs went from 8 at most and that was still rare. After that patch it became 1.5 to 2 groups of stealthers camping in packs. That alone would have been fine if not for all of the action being condensed to ev. Small manning was totally ruined at that point.
  • Small man is back bud. Especially with turkey legs/rolling pins quests. My brother and I have had a ton of fun duoing. You don't have to go near the island if you don't want. Now admittedly, when the pins/legs quests are not going, you do need to venture that way.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    If you want less stealth zergs remove sneaks being able to see each their own group in stealth at unlimited range.

That's how it used to be and it didn't matter. With access to VON programs and /assist ground target, sneaks can still easily attack targets from the shadows. The problem is the lack of population and places for stealth groups to go. The only foot traffic areas now are the MG areas since you can pretty much port in and out of anywhere now.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
    I think you're just camping/playing in the wrong places. Everyone's expectations were skewed by the glory days of EV, RPs, free MOS etc... As they've rolled many of those things back our expectations and playstyles must also roll back to before those things existed. Go to the solo zones/rubble mazes, rolling pins, docks etc... Displace after a kill as that is when the groups will come to hunt you down.

Stealth have been a pariah in this game for a long time and as such people (myself included) take great joy in killing stealth when given the opportunity. Mostly we hunt the groupers (Nexxron, Wrinkles et. al.) because we know that they will pounce on us when solo when given the chance... so when duo or trio we want to give them payback and prove they just plain suck on their toons. There are solo stealthers that are VERY good on their toons whom I will say I generally cannot kill (they may not kill me but with all of their escape tools they are very tough to kill). But, generally speaking, those who zerg are CAKE when you catch them 1v1.

When we find a known soloer we, and many other stealther hunters, will let them be as they aren't the problem. Just keep plugging away, play smart and you can make it. But, associate yourself with the trash and you will be lumped into the KOS/hunted list.

Yep the pins are very good right now. But my gripe is my class is utter trash. I can't solo on this guy at all. It's not even a debate seriously. They've lowered my damage, envenom and introduced a mandatory RA sink to play this class. I'm probably just scratching the surface here as I keep finding out more and more from retired nightshades. I feel like a total idiot coming back to this game to play a nightshade. I couldn't have made a bigger mistake. It's hard for me to not get all bent out of shape on this as I have put in so much time building this class up to then find out it's been stuffed in the closet by a team who spend everyday coming up with ideas to balance and this was what they decided was best.

I think you're just camping/playing in the wrong places. Everyone's expectations were skewed by the glory days of EV, RPs, free MOS etc... As they've rolled many of those things back our expectations and playstyles must also roll back to before those things existed. Go to the solo zones/rubble mazes, rolling pins, docks etc... Displace after a kill as that is when the groups will come to hunt you down.

Yep the pins are very good right now. But my gripe is my class is utter trash. I can't solo on this guy at all. It's not even a debate seriously. They've lowered my damage, envenom and introduced a mandatory RA sink to play this class. I'm probably just scratching the surface here as I keep finding out more and more from retired nightshades. I feel like a total idiot coming back to this game to play a nightshade. I couldn't have made a bigger mistake. It's hard for me to not get all bent out of shape on this as I have put in so much time building this class up to then find out it's been stuffed in the closet by a team who spend everyday coming up with ideas to balance and this was what they decided was best.

Please stop crying on this board, yes the innate ability of the class took a nerf. You cannot grandstand on your little soapbox saying that it was not needed. Assassins were killing main tanks without even needing stealth. Were they a little heavy handed to the assassins and not the archers? IMO yes, but they also have so many options to reset or prevent a reset, that someone who knows how the class is designed to play should be able to adapt. Countless others have 0 issues on there class whether its low RR or high RR. every class gets the nerf bat eventually, and if it truly bothers you that much, learn to replay your class without mashing your forehead on the keyboard and expecting to win. you sound like you dont know your class and whether its needing to reset, bait a kite, or simply picking better fights knowing some classes you cant and SHOULDNT be able to kill.

/wave @Kat i apologize for thinking your RR5 rants were bad
    Post edited by Namelez on
  • Namelez wrote: »

Please stop crying on this board, yes the innate ability of the class took a nerf. You cannot grandstand on your little soapbox saying that it was not needed. Assassins were killing main tanks without even needing stealth. Were they a little heavy handed to the assassins and not the archers? IMO yes, but they also have so many options to reset or prevent a reset, that someone who knows how the class is designed to play should be able to adapt. Countless others have 0 issues on there class whether its low RR or high RR. every class gets the nerf bat eventually, and if it truly bothers you that much, learn to replay your class without mashing your forehead on the keyboard and expecting to win. you sound like you dont know your class and whether its needing to reset, bait a kite, or simply picking better fights knowing some classes you cant and SHOULDNT be able to kill.

You come in here and insult me and contribute that you agree. I'm confused. These boards are open and I was voicing my frustrations. Show a little respect please.
    Namelez wrote: »

You come in here and insult me and contribute that you agree. I'm confused. These boards are open and I was voicing my frustrations. Show a little respect please.

Please highlight where i insulted you? simply stated getting hit by the nerf-bat is a common trend in daoc, learn to adapt your play, keep dying, or find a new class. Now that assassins cant smash their foreheads on the keys and actually need to use a gameplan to kill classes, youre saying its impossible? The class is still light years easier to play then where it was years ago. people complained so they got rid of weapon swapping, poison timers, etc and made it so i could place my cat on my keyboard and kill 99% of the population. guess what? the pendulum swung the other way and now you have to be able to pick and choose when to use the mezz stuns roots to reset, which thankfully the class still has boundless options to do, and if all else fails, vanish?

what other classes in the game can instantly disappear from any fight?

class is perfectly fine for all styles of gameplay, but you have to know how to play your class

a caster will never kill anyone staffing them down....................
  • I like having mos back to an ra because it alows me to go back to comping my stealth again and use those points in to other spec lines ya i may not be able to get dps ras like mop as high anymore but with higher skill specs into weapons or envenom i still do about the same damage. As for blur i dont think its worth all the extra points into stealth.

So if your still trying to get 50 stealth for blur try only comping your stealth to use the points somewhere else. At rr5 you can go 35-36+15 in stealth thats a lot of points you can save.

So try it worst case you dont like it you can respec.

As for crying aboult stealth grping up think of it this way vissies grp up and roll solos all the time its no different, and as i said befor stealth grps dont just fight solos or smallmans iv seen them take on fgs of vissies and other stealth and let them pass its all about getting the right hit.
    If its red its dead and 1 mans ros is not all that great rps for 8 poeple.
    Most stealth grps rps come from them killing other stealth grps and i can say fighting stealth with stealth is a blast.
  • In a perfect world stealth groups would hunt stealth groups...but usually they just set up camp at a safe drop/mg and kill solos/duos/trios... and stay stealthed for anything greater. /shrug Its the norm and wont change but we can ridicule them for it and mercilessly hunt them down ;).
  • Lol you most not play with stealth grps much @Mace80 i ran with stealth legion quit a bit and we only stayed and camped one spot till we new where the other stealth grp was then we moved to hunt them more then killing any solo. It not all that fun with an easy win. Now i dont know how mid or albs stealth runs but im pretty sure they do the same thing.
    honestly dont have that big of an issue with stealth zergs, there loc is always said in region so you generally are aware of where they are so just avoid them and those areas, unless youre like my opposite, @Names (lol shocked you didnt get banned for being accused of being me) and then you know where to pop a SL and go hunting

its the equivalent of running over the sport where a zerg drops all their traps, frustrating and annoying ofc

but once it happens you know where it is
  • No way do I join stealth groups. You're definitely right about that. As a solo/duo visi I can say we definitely see the opposite out of stealth zergs. I almost never see stealth groups do anything to challenge themselves. I mostly play alb and I am speaking about Alb groups as well. Half the time when I find a hib/mid stealth zerg and I call it in the alb stealth zerg wants nothing to do with it. But on the occasions that they do show up to clean out the rats everything seems right with the world...that is what stealth zergs SHOULD be doing.

Way back in the day on Tristan, I used to "call in air strikes" on stealth zergs by messaging the Deviant Blood guys and they'd instantly go after them. Stiles, Stelmar, Vapors and crew would get there crazy fast. It was beautiful. Anyone remember those names?
    No way do I join stealth groups. You're definitely right about that. As a solo/duo visi I can say we definitely see the opposite out of stealth zergs. I almost never see stealth groups do anything to challenge themselves. I mostly play alb and I am speaking about Alb groups as well. Half the time when I find a hib/mid stealth zerg and I call it in the alb stealth zerg wants nothing to do with it. But on the occasions that they do show up to clean out the rats everything seems right with the world...that is what stealth zergs SHOULD be doing.

Way back in the day on Tristan, I used to "call in air strikes" on stealth zergs by messaging the Deviant Blood guys and they'd instantly go after them. Stiles, Stelmar, Vapors and crew would get there crazy fast. It was beautiful. Anyone remember those names?

No way. I used to kill those names on my shade back in the day. They were really annoying stealth zerglings. I ended up rage quitting and deleted my shade due to them! They drove me mad.

• LOL Yea they zerged hard. BUT I will say they very much went after other stealth zergs. Unfortunately, they zerged whether other zergs were on or not.

I never zerged with them (I've always hated stealth zergs) but I considered them in my back pocket if/when I needed to call in a strike.
  • Names wrote: »
    I like having mos back to an ra because it alows me to go back to comping my stealth again and use those points in to other spec lines ya i may not be able to get dps ras like mop as high anymore but with higher skill specs into weapons or envenom i still do about the same damage. As for blur i dont think its worth all the extra points into stealth.

So if your still trying to get 50 stealth for blur try only comping your stealth to use the points somewhere else. At rr5 you can go 35-36+15 in stealth thats a lot of points you can save.

So try it worst case you dont like it you can respec.

As for crying aboult stealth grping up think of it this way vissies grp up and roll solos all the time its no different, and as i said befor stealth grps dont just fight solos or smallmans iv seen them take on fgs of vissies and other stealth and let them pass its all about getting the right hit.
    If its red its dead and 1 mans ros is not all that great rps for 8 poeple.
    Most stealth grps rps come from them killing other stealth grps and i can say fighting stealth with stealth is a blast.

From what I gather in in this post.: https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/1121c-pendragon-patch-notes
    Comping stealth really hurts your stealth protection. Correct me if I'm wrong. I started off like that and was quickly told what I messed up. I have MOS6 now.
    In a perfect world stealth groups would hunt stealth groups...but usually they just set up camp at a safe drop/mg and kill solos/duos/trios... and stay stealthed for anything greater. /shrug Its the norm and wont change but we can ridicule them for it and mercilessly hunt them down ;).

I run a lot with Wrinkles- LA. On a given night when we feel like our numbers are comparable with Hib or Alb stealth, then we will in fact hunt them, as they hunt us. That doesnt mean that any other hot spot for action isnt a feeding ground for stealthers, stealth groups, solos, duos, trios, small man, zergs, etc. Mile gates are going to be hot spots, bridges on ocassion, docks, keeps, quest sites (turkey legs/rolling pins), and *insert all other locations. This also doesnt mean that stealth groups look for "fair" fights... no more than a dominant zerg looks for fair fights. I've seen zergs roll solos, duos, trios and so on...Ive seen 8 man look explicity for 8 man to fight,but at the same time ive seen them roll over solos and the same above.

Part of the problem is that everyone has their own opinion of the way the game should be played. Some prefer solo, some duo, some like to duel, some like smallman, zerg, blah blah blah. I hear gripes about every playstyle. I despise duelers who set up in trelle/moy/folley. I have an option... i can either attempt to solo them, i can duo them, trio.. or i can choose to grab my stealthing buddies and roll through that area, cleaning out what i despise. Do we die? Absolutely. Do we clean it out? sure, sometimes. Do i expect to be KOS when i do so... Hell yes, and thats the way i have always felt like this game was designed to be played. 3 Realms always at War.. not just when its convenient.. not showing up at an area and shaking your head no...

Bottom line for me.. I do despise certain playstyles, but until i hit the lottery and start paying for your sub, u can tell me to kiss your A, (generally speaking). Options are there. Don't like it.. move... bring a bigger force... or log off (thats my choice when im running visi when Hero logs on)
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • I actually agree with you Sleepwell...but I would add that, again...I can have fun calling people out and talking crap on a board. Again, I don't expect them to change...but I can make myself feel better by applying social pressure and hunting them when not solo. It's all in good fun.
  • @Prank80
    Did you improve your template or still running the same?
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    I actually agree with you Sleepwell...but I would add that, again...I can have fun calling people out and talking crap on a board. Again, I don't expect them to change...but I can make myself feel better by applying social pressure and hunting them when not solo. It's all in good fun.

oh no doubt Mace80... "i want you on that line... i need you on that line". I enjoy the banter.

The friend of my enemy is my enemy... The enemy of my enemy is my friend...
    and above all.... red is dead :blush:
  • KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM
    Shoke wrote: »
    @Kat does it require the archer to have a similar skill level to kill an assassin? Or a bad archer can kill a decent sin?

Heya - I am prolly not the best person to ask since I have not played much since the sin nerf, have only played one stealth class, and I have not tried the hybrid/melee. From my pov, as the weakest hunter spec (sniper), overall - the good sins could kill me...esp the ones that were good at resetting the fights. I would win sometimes, lose sometimes. Bad sins just died and luckily for me, there are a lot of bad sins in the game :). I would say that a bad archer could beat a decent sin if the archer caught the sin unstealthed and everything down :P

btw...I miss vapors. He was so fun. I duo'd with his sin...got a scout to rr7 - so many years ago. @Mace80 - thanks for reminding me of fun times
    Post edited by Kat on
    Kroko wrote: »
    @Prank80
    Did you improve your template or still running the same?

Yep here it is. Note that it's not entirely correct stat wise as this site has not updated the new kings gear which is really awesome now. Resists are correct but stats and skills are off. I was happy that I managed to create a template without SC/crafting lol.
    I also run a staff for a 20% resist melee resists @ 20 seconds for my main use.

https://www.daocutils.com/templates/7bdf79ba5092c0994214464eab23fdcf3b720052

Skills :
    50+14 Stealth
    37+14 Pierce
    37+3 Evenom
    44+14 Crit
    32+14 CD
  • I dont know what exactly is changed in kings gear.
    Pierce is str/dex based. So you need high str/dex for your dmg.
    Blades is only str based. Then you dont need dex that high.
    But you should have 120+, maybe even 127 for your dmg stats.
    Quickness like 70-80 should be ok.
    Melee dmg, style dmg, and melee speed should be at 10.
    Mythical dps should be at 10.
    That all helps your dmg.
    Your hits and AF are rather low.
    You need to euqip your weapons in the template builder. Otherwise the stats dont count.

You can do Curse/OW for getting good items. For example OW mighty eyes, cursed gauntlets, etc.
    If you spec 50 stealth, you dont need +stealth in temp. You also dont need +envenom.
    Your spec is ok. Evenom is abit low, but im no expert for that.

Freezing King Mythirian has 5% Endu regen, in case you run out of endu often.