Viper

Was playing my shade for the first time since the envenom nerf and mos changes.

I am definitely weaker on the shade due to losing ra points and the envenom changes which was needed but my request is to make viper great again!

Give us the old viper which is level 1 - 25% , 2 - 35%, 3 - 50%, 4 - 75% and 5 - 100%

Lifebane is 82 a tick and with viper 5, 2 powe relics, 10 spell pierce and 8 spell damage lifebane hit for 138 versus a toon with 35 body.
Thats not alot. Add aom, empty mind, purge and remedy for 34 points that alot of investment for such a small damage boost. Throw in cursed gear and 600 hit 127 con temps have made viper in its current pretty weak.

Could this be looked at now that mos has been made an ra again?

Comments

• Miss running viper 5 LB with dual Technomancers... hitting for 400dps just in posions lol
  • Remove varnish and I'm all for it
  • IMO they did what people asked for nerf the sneaks to the ground so we wont play them and its working. Now we are just a light light tank. I recommend if your going to play a sneak play a Scout, Hunter or Ranger at least they have better armor

• edited December 2019 PM
    Remove varnish and I'm all for it

Why remove vanish? with all the stealth lore items and abilities to pop people out of stealth you really need vanish 2 or 3 now a days. That is 10-15 RA points that i need to spend.

Viper 5 in its current state is 60%. like i said for 34 points spent with a template made for magic damage that is alot to invest for the current return. It also gives assassins more options for what play style they can play which was how stealth was years ago. Now every archer and assasin pretty much have the same cookie cutter spec and ra set up.
    Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on
  • getting a major nerf to envenom + spending lot of ra points into mos means making shades weaker and weaker.
    everyone complains about stealth zerging. nerfing means only more of it.
    but both nerfs wasnt needed .....

why not just get rid of **** vanish instead.

and yeah bringing back old viper with +100% dmg is necessary. nobody is buying viper in its current form.....way to weak for spending points into it.

• QQ more nerds

sorry you cant kill everything so easily anymore. assassins are fine. learn to play your class

Why remove vanish? with all the stealth lore items and abilities to pop people out of stealth you really need vanish 2 or 3 now a days. That is 10-15 RA points that i need to spend.

Viper 5 in its current state is 60%. like i said for 34 points spent with a template made for magic damage that is alot to invest for the current return. It also gives assassins more options for what play style they can play which was how stealth was years ago. Now every archer and assasin pretty much have the same cookie cutter spec and ra set up.

If they will not raise the 60% in dps, would also adding a % to the poison's duration help with the investment?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Badgor wrote: »
    IMO they did what people asked for nerf the sneaks to the ground so we wont play them and its working. Now we are just a light light tank. I recommend if your going to play a sneak play a Scout, Hunter or Ranger at least they have better armor

....except you have stealth...the single most powerful ability in the game. Good grief...being on par with non-stealth classes AND having stealth would be ludicrous...as it was for many years.
  • Yea the third round of nerfs has pretty much neutered Envenom line completely.

I feel like it's time to remove free remedy/access to remedy, from every Archer since they have nerfed Envenom x3 and now reverted back MOS as an RA.

Negative sorry it's the single RA they have to get away.
  • Namelez wrote: »
    QQ more nerds

sorry you cant kill everything so easily anymore. assassins are fine. learn to play your class

still mad about me jumping on your dead corpse this week?
  • Bump! Everyone has high resists and in its current form lifebane with 10 sp 10 sd viper 3 (30%) does around 90-95 damage on targets. Revert old viper!
  • Pretty much have to spec 7-9 mos, feel for low rr guys.

RA choices limited, when you throw in purge and mop.

Also with env. You invest in an RA that 50% of you solo fights will be useless
  • Was playing my shade for the first time since the envenom nerf and mos changes.

I am definitely weaker on the shade due to losing ra points and the envenom changes which was needed but my request is to make viper great again!

Give us the old viper which is level 1 - 25% , 2 - 35%, 3 - 50%, 4 - 75% and 5 - 100%

Lifebane is 82 a tick and with viper 5, 2 powe relics, 10 spell pierce and 8 spell damage lifebane hit for 138 versus a toon with 35 body.
    Thats not alot. Add aom, empty mind, purge and remedy for 34 points that alot of investment for such a small damage boost. Throw in cursed gear and 600 hit 127 con temps have made viper in its current pretty weak.

you seem to forget that a lot what you do to make your envenom damage better also makes legendary weapon and spell damage (on the nightshade) better?

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • KoeKoe
    edited January 2021 PM

Fateboi wrote: »
    Remove varnish and I'm all for it

Negative sorry it's the single RA they have to get away.

Wall climbing + stealth (Tanks can't chase/can get out of caster los)
    Mezz poison whenever you need it +LOS + stealth
    Snare poison + melee snare + Cresendo charge + stealth

A well played sin should rarely have to use vanish unless they are fighting a far larger number of players, in which case every other class is just dead to begin with. I know I'm by far the minority but I feel vanish should only activate (for 1 minute) after a deathblow.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • KoeKoe
    edited January 2021 PM

The flip side of this is you have the personal choice of running body leggies as a sin. That's a free 1.4k damage vs a toon (half the hits of most classes you are fighting on a shade- without any viper changes), even if you snare poison+snare/stun and vanish or just stealth.

Personally I would be fine with the old viper levels provided that snare poison no longer stacks with melee snares. Being snared by a positional damage heavy class for an effective 90% is just stupid and it further differentiates the good stealthers from (most of) the mediocre ones.

Post edited by Koe on
  • Give me Ignore Pain back on my nightshade. Much better than viper!
  • edited January 2021 PM
    What’s wrong with being a light light tank? With stealth and CC? I’m confused~

Honestly, viper changes are only gonna help the highest rank of assassins, and especially since comp stealth is an option now, I don’t think that’s needed at all~~
    Post edited by Enkertons on