pbaoe range needs to be looked at

I think you should revamp pbaoe radius dmg a bit, if someone is directly on top of me I pbaoe for like 700, if they are 1 step back meleeing me, I pbaoe for like 300, if they are like 2 steps back still meleeing me, I pbaoe for like 100 dmg, while they still in melee range meleeing me

literaly don't do any damage unless someone is literaly standing on your toes

should extend the range by like 100 units so you can actualy dmg people meleeing u that arent literaly standing on you, its alrdy hard enough to be a pbaoe char, but when someone can be meleeing u, and far enough away that pbaoeo nly hits for lik 100-150 dmg a hit is kinda lame

cheers

Comments

• SymSym
    edited April 2018 PM
    The issue is proliferation of 50% and higher resists and high hit points. Most caster damage is pretty useless these days unless it’s a ramp like heretic or warlock chain dot. Resists debuffing is almost a must have it seems. Plus there are so many interrupts that PBAE may not be a viable RvR spec anymore :(
    Post edited by Sym on
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • edited April 2018 PM
    pbaoe dmg is fine imo, they just need to increase the fallout dmg range, a vamp can be at max melee range, and claw me harder then I pbaoe for

and its very hard to get right on top of people, cuz they can just back up 2 steps still melee u and ur pbaoes do like 150 dmg

well ya the high resists sux to, but I do fine dmg if someone is on top of me, actualy I do great dmg, but if they are backed up 1 step, its like cut in half, and if 2 steps (which is still in melee range hitting me) the dmg is like -75'%'d

you shouldn't be on the 3rd or 4th dmg level via range, while someone is still meleeing you, it needs to be very slightly increased so people hitting u in melee, aren't down 3tiers of dmg from pbaoe beign to far away, which literaly does like 150 dmg pbaoe if they are at max melee range still wrecking the **** out of u
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • This will begin to heip in understanding the falloff...

mp1BQi9.png
  • If someone is in range to melee you then pbaoe should do max damage, then fall off after that. My opinion.
  • I agree that if they can hit you with melee they should get hit with Max dmg
  • I only play a blademaster and I agree with this.
  • I have been PBAE since release. This definitely needs to be addressed- among other things-for non pet/pure caster classes. My concern is- as usual- that it will benefit a select few PBAE classes that already have other EZ mode augmenting abilities.....
  • it really does @devs
  • maybe stop it from going through doors/walls first
  • 47el wrote: »
    maybe stop it from going through doors/walls first

Yea one of the Alb classes goes thru keep walls. Not sure if any Hib or Mid classes can do this.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    ice wiz pbaoe doesn't go thro walls/doors, often I stand by posterns and get pbaoeing before I come out then quickly try to get back in(if to many) and they never go thro walls

maybe other classes do tho I dunno, I dun think I ever get pbaoe'd thro a wall, just peoples pets come in and that sux ;\
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • I'm constantly eating AoE Mez poison from Stealthers even when it seems like I'm 850+ units away from whoever it is that got hit with the Mez poison. It's ridiculous, never mind it being ridiculous that somebody decided to give them an AoE Mez poison in the first place...
  • 47el wrote: »
    maybe stop it from going through doors/walls first

This was fixed years ago. PBAOE through walls and bridges (unless select locations exist that are bugged and don't apply) no longer hit within-range targets if there is no LOS.

Only thing currently that can go through walls and doors are pets.
  • I actually agree with @Huehuaehue. It would be interesting to at least extend max pbaoe damage to the furthest melee dps range limit. With current resists, hps and high levels of endurance/regen it's easy to avoid a majority of pbaoe dps by sprinting through and styling.
  • Pbaoe should technically be able to hit through walls given the short range, it's not difficult to counter, just move away from the wall.. If I can heal through walls then a spell that doesn't require a target should also, and imo stealther aoe mezz is a bit silly as it lasts like what? Five seconds? .. Might regret this comment, many cold pills this AM
    ~Shard Junkie~
    Mother of Trolls
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    I think you should revamp pbaoe radius dmg a bit, if someone is directly on top of me I pbaoe for like 700, if they are 1 step back meleeing me, I pbaoe for like 300, if they are like 2 steps back still meleeing me, I pbaoe for like 100 dmg, while they still in melee range meleeing me

literaly don't do any damage unless someone is literaly standing on your toes

should extend the range by like 100 units so you can actualy dmg people meleeing u that arent literaly standing on you, its alrdy hard enough to be a pbaoe char, but when someone can be meleeing u, and far enough away that pbaoeo nly hits for lik 100-150 dmg a hit is kinda lame

cheers

positioning is everything as a pbaoe.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Sym wrote: »
    The issue is proliferation of 50% and higher resists and high hit points. Most caster damage is pretty useless these days unless it’s a ramp like heretic or warlock chain dot. Resists debuffing is almost a must have it seems. Plus there are so many interrupts that PBAE may not be a viable RvR spec anymore :(

15 years ago, pbaoe was murder, now due all the things you mention ... it's nowhere near as effective indeed.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • pbaoe radius is ok, problem is how easy it is to interupt pbaoe in the post TOA times.
  • Some PBAE classes are easier to interrupt than others.