Why the Mythical CC Redux nerfs?

I don't recall anyone calling for these?

Comments

• @John_Broadsword If it is over the top for stocism classes than exclude those classes from gaining the benefit of CC reduction. Hybrid classes need CC reduction to be competative and I just got my skald template just the way I want it now. Reducing CC reduction with your proposed ideas I don't even want to template for it anymore. It makes no sense.
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Right now your mythical cc Redux is around 1/2 with the adjustment.

Some tests..

Using healer greater Entrancement 1min 10 sec delve

Tested on no stoic toon

no det (30 myth CC nerfed to 16) 26% Body resist = 42

no det, no cc redux, 26% body resist = 53

Det 9 (30 nerfed to 16 redux) = 19 seconds

Det 9 (no cc redux) = 22 seconds

on Live

Det9 30 CC redux = 12 seconds.

Something is not right here

Im getting 2-3 seconds off of mezz for basically the highest you can feasibly get

If i 1/2 my cc redux I should be getting 1/2 the redux which should be 5 seconds instead of 10 seconds

It looks like its functioning without det, but add det and it doesn't seem to calculate properly
    Post edited by Abattoir on
  • Some additional numbers..

no det and 30 cc redux 26% resists = 35 seconds
  • CC is out of control. And now a nerf to ways to counter this. This ranks right up there with the cloak silence nerf. Almost every hib has has free CC, several in Alb have CC, and of course Mid's CC. Why on earth nerf CC reduction??????
  • It's healthier for the game??
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • KoeKoe
    edited November 2018 PM
    There are always going to be weaknesses for specific classes, so I absolutely understand wanting those holes plugged, but in short several boosts including cc redux and casted damage mitigation have started to harm specific classes/group setups that rely on cc. It's not just CC redux that has drastically reduced cc ability either- free charge 5, enhanced rr5's, root clears (HUGE!), crescendo/greater crescendo, and champion spells (still usable for tanks while rooted). While these changes have occurred over the last few years post aoe root boost, cc hasn't gotten any stronger (and sometimes weaker- minstrel and tier 1 resist cap removal) with small exceptions ie mentalist curse set @2 sec extra stun, and some casted slows (which maulers already had).

Also, on the solo front, my wizard/RM/Lock/Chanter/Cleric are pretty much able to eat a 5-6 second stun/nuke without burning purge, provided a lack of assist train where previously that was game over with purge down. That's partially that it's much easier to template damage reductions now as well- i.e 10% conversion, more hits cap and items with larger utility. In that space nothing significant has really been done to increase damage on most caster classes with cc ability. This is even more pronounced in assassin vs caster fights with short timer blur, easy instant mez+ styled stun and disease/snare combinations.

I don't know specifics of why the change, but this return to a little more parity is my guess.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • it was unnecessary and not needed.

A Lot of hybrids relied up this and sacrifices were made in templates.

Heal procs were town downed a bit, but still those that sacrificed with 25% heal bonus templates retained the benefit.

This should be changed back
  • Tanky wrote: »
    CC is out of control.

It going to be quite powerful for those that respect and understand CC, particularly solo, small, group vs even or greater numbers - I can not forsee it being any change to zerg vs zerg warfare - as the CC they rely on is AOE DDs and Static Tempest.

Hey your AOE Stun will last a bit longer!

• Abattoir wrote: »
    it was unnecessary and not needed.

A Lot of hybrids relied up this and sacrifices were made in templates.

Heal procs were town downed a bit, but still those that sacrificed with 25% heal bonus templates retained the benefit.

This should be changed back

This.
  • tald wrote: »
    Tanky wrote: »
    CC is out of control.

It going to be quite powerful for those that respect and understand CC, particularly solo, small, group vs even or greater numbers - I can not forsee it being any change to zerg vs zerg warfare - as the CC they rely on is AOE DDs and Static Tempest.

Hey your AOE Stun will last a bit longer!

I'd be more than happy to go back to pre-patch.