Addicted to What?

I thought for a very long time on the topic, asking myself if I was every truly addicted to DAoC, or the online interaction.

Leaping from EverCrack to this game, I can say I played the absolute **** out of this game, for hours that if logged would equate to several degrees. The more I think about it though, the more the answer to the question (for me at least) was the online interaction.

I've tried coming back to the game several times. The turning point for me stopping, was the ones I gamed with slowly dropped away, one by one. As more left, I played less and less. Finally, no one played anymore, and neither did I.

Not really sure why I felt the need to share this, but being the online community DAoC is, I thought it a nice courtesy.

Broadsword, thank you for taking the charge of this game. And thank you for the very nice special edition Card Bag last year, truly appreciated far more than you know. Thank you for letting me participate for a time on the internal forums and discuss game ideology with other members. (Big thanks to Grakulen as well)

Carol/Sophie/Oldboy and other non official forum folks, thank you for letting me join your staff for a time and letting me express a creative outlet for the community, it was a pleasure working with all of you (including the community!).

You, reading this right now, thank you for supporting a great game, full of great people. Thanks for every memory I have of this game. Enemies, Albion and Midgard, thanks for the RPs, the deaths, the ganks, the shanks, the jabs, the /rofl's of my bloody corpse, and the instant DD death blows delivered by my Bard that would make me smile no matter what kind of day I was having. Thanks to the zergs who chased my Bard across several maps. Neener Neener.

Thanks everyone,

Keep playing and enjoying.

Comments

• ive sold 4 accounts, quit many times over the years

the only conclusion i come to each time is daoc is great, but the player base is so fking lame theres no point to log on

most games draw players that love to fight and die till the bitter end to be successful, daoc is the only game ive played where people rather just zerg to **** or assjam or go lie on the forums about what they did, rather then actualy go try hard to do good themselves

the owners of daoc have ruined the game they bought, but they are also super victim to the most trash population of people to ever gather around a game
  • edited August 2018 PM
    in modern day that is, 90% of the player base back when was cool and not rp hungry losers who aj everyone they cant beat, but now today its like 90% of the population IS the rp hungry noobs that assjam everyone they cant beat

game has become a joke via the decent of good players slowly over the years and has become a game where being a trash can assjaming trash who have 0 respect because they get ript and refuse to admit it has taken over the majority and is celebrated

all you can do is try to take all the joke of people who have made this a joke of a game out of your mind and try to go have fun like you did when you were new ^^
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Huehuaehue wrote: »
    in modern day that is, 90% of the player base back when was cool and not rp hungry losers who aj everyone they cant beat, but now today its like 90% of the population IS the rp hungry noobs that assjam everyone they cant beat

game has become a joke via the decent of good players slowly over the years and has become a game where being a trash can assjaming trash who have 0 respect because they get ript and refuse to admit it has taken over the majority and is celebrated

all you can do is try to take all the joke of people who have made this a joke of a game out of your mind and try to go have fun like you did when you were new ^^

Dude i Just watched a video of you pbaoeing down 3 noobs so I don't know why you so salty :P
  • This game is still **** awesome