Supporter packs for leagues

Hello i’d like to propose supporter packs for DAOC. I’ve recently got back into POE and happily bought one to support the game.

These could rotate quarterly have different versions like ie. Classic/Mordred/OW/Curse maybe even Mid/Hib/Alb

Note these aren’t pay to win purely aesthetic including applicable Titles in game.

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

Comments

• that sounds like a decent idea, the skeleton for a item shop in daoc exists but the mithril merchant is woefully understocked/ underutilized. question is, would the extra revenue generated from these packs, go towards continuing DEVELOPMENT of the game ( imagine a actual new expac(even if just some new zones, raid)) would be awesome, or would the money just go keep the game afloat?
  • Feel free to discuss any idea you’d like to see or would be in favor of and/or willing to support.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    They need to milk the **** out of the cash shop with costumes/selling skins of items that players cant get in game. Non combat pets(puppy, cat, pig, tiny dragons etc), more mounts, selling "shards"(similiar to doppelganger shards) would contain a set of random items with 1 rare item(cursed sets?) example: Darkwalker shard $1 Random chance for blood seals, gold coins, reskin pattern, 1 piece of Darkwalker armor set. Cursed Gauntlet Shard $3 chance for blood seals gold coins reskin weapon pattern, 1 random cursed gauntlet. I mean people are selling these items for $15 each or more yet broadsword isnt getting in on the action...

Of course the items would need to be evaluated for the % to drop and the $ currency.

Also game subscription cost should lower but have an additional subscription (Vip Status) that grants access to realm buffs(sup pot equivilent) and possible NPC to cure RvR Sickness as well as Repairs that do not drop durability. If your Vip status ends repairs will drop durability and no longer have access to the 2 npcs. Possibly move the bank back to the NPC and VIP status allows the use of /bank.

Post edited by Teehehe on
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Interesting ideas @Teehehe. I like the idea of the packets that are random and have always been a fan of putting in more cosmetic things. Loved the idea about a higher subscription level that would make things easier but not gamebreaking. I have always thought they should give bigger discounts for longer subscriptions. Good ideas overall!!
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Issue with putting actual high-end items on the mithril merchant (or worse, a %chance to get high-end items) like the new cursed gloves or the sets is broadsword will immediately get called out for intentionally making things too difficult for the casual players to complete and forcing them to resort to buying them for $$ and it will be seen as a shameless cash grab. It'd leave a bad taste in the mouth similar to how the recent increased durability deterioration on repair whilst introducing the durability restore did. Sure I'd personally love to be able to spend my mithril on gloves instead of having to find sellers via discord, but it's not worth the riots and the uproar this will no doubt cause.

• Flik wrote: »
    Issue with putting actual high-end items on the mithril merchant (or worse, a %chance to get high-end items) like the new cursed gloves or the sets is broadsword will immediately get called out for intentionally making things too difficult for the casual players to complete and forcing them to resort to buying them for $$ and it will be seen as a shameless cash grab. It'd leave a bad taste in the mouth similar to how the recent increased durability deterioration on repair whilst introducing the durability restore did. Sure I'd personally love to be able to spend my mithril on gloves instead of having to find sellers via discord, but it's not worth the riots and the uproar this will no doubt cause.

There are sites out there that already sell them BS should atleast profit somehow instead of a 3rd party and TBH the cursed items aren't hard to obtain even for casuals there are people leading multiple curse raids through the weeks at different timezones as well.
  • Teehehe wrote: »
    There are sites out there that already sell them BS should atleast profit somehow instead of a 3rd party and TBH the cursed items aren't hard to obtain even for casuals there are people leading multiple curse raids through the weeks at different timezones as well.

While there are people running raids, the amount has severely decreased. I've been spending more time on Hib/Mid and have yet to make it to the start of a curse raid. For US prime they tend to start just a tad close to the end of the work day. By the time I get home I've missed the first step then can't find anyone to band together to do it with so I'm SOL. While it might not be difficult for casual children to get these done, casual adults with RL schedules struggle.

What might help is if the difficulty of the prologues were reduced. At least then people can start to enter the dungeons and start the rest of the quest line. Having the very first step require so many hinders casual players.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Pay to get actual items like [Curse] would be a mistake.

In Path of Exile I paid like $12.50 USD for a stash tab that’s roughly 4 or 5 times as large as the Normal one.

This addition to DAOC could translate easy to our /bank or housing and people would love it
    Post edited by Fateboi on