Proper etiquette for buying/selling GTC?

Who pays first? The guy with the plat or the guy with the GTC? Seen people go both ways...
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs

Comments

• ive boughten prob like over 10 gtc atleast, given gold 3-4x never got scammed, but now I just make them give me gtc first now

but its pretty safe I wouldn't worry to much either way, but theres no reason to not make them give u what u want first, theres plenty of people around with them so not like its hard to find and gotta do it their way only
  • edited May 2018 PM
    I also have sold plat for gtc's and I almost always ask for the code first, but I always give them my postcount information so they can see I have positive feedback and can give me negative feedback if I screw em. If it's a person I have worked with before or I know they have a great feedback score I don't mind giving plat first.

I also have an unwritten rule in my mind that whomever is asking for the trade should be the one to initiate it. If I am spamming to sell plat for gtc's then I should go first. If a player is spamming to buy plat than I expect them to give me the code first.

Could also always do half the plat, then get gtc code, then the other half.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • etiquette is only deal with reliable people. If they have alot of posts for buying or selling gtcs and no negative reviews you can trust them... if they have 1 post asking for a time card or offering one I would get their end first.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I also have an unwritten rule in my mind that whomever is asking for the trade should be the one to initiate it. If I am spamming to sell plat for gtc's then I should go first. If a player is spamming to buy plat than I expect them to give me the code first.

This is how I approach any trade.
  • Search out Lako