was thinking of coming back BUT

I was planing to play a little but when i enter mid/hib they had around 30-60 players online is this server/ game totally dead?

Comments

• Don't bother, you'll end up frutrated fighting irc with their non bannable radar and countless cheats.
  • Depends on the time of day and realm. Here's what I see, being back for about 2 years now:

Excluding preset 8v8 type groups:

-Hibernia only exists when their BG leader is online. He's from Germany, so Hib is very popular during the Daytime Eastern working hours, but gets less popular in the evening. When they get going though, its a significant BG which is well run. When the BG is not going, you get the luxury of a 85%+ low population RP bonus

-Midgard seems to be the most consistent realm throughout the day. Most mids seem to go to bed at 10:30pm eastern though, so it does down a bit after that.

-Albion is feast or famine. If there's a worthwhile event going on, albs can zerg like no other. If there's no reason to do anything, then each alb does their own thing and seldomly works with other albs. Alb population seems stay awake longer than most of the other realms though.

Last night Alb had about 110 on around 8:15pm eastern.

Something to note though is that people play all 3 realms and play many many characters on each realm though. Realms have dedicated people for sure, but its not uncommon to see a "new" face that's just the 50th alt of somebody who got bored and wanted another character.

• The population is mostly centered around what would be considered primetime for EU and US respectively. It does pickup significantly during the events like Crossroads Covenant that just finished up. During the upcoming Caldeonia you will see a slight spike also. Alb PUGs really are diff to form and keep together when compared to the other two realms both Hib / Mid. There is a dedicated player base that plays consistently, but I would say expectation management is probably the best route when comparing "populations".

GL