DAOC has a digital distribution service called EA, why isn't it used?

Simply put, DAOC needs more people/players. Usually when items (DAOC in this instance) is marketed, it tends to see some reaction to said marketing. DAOC hasn't been "marketed" in probably 10 years and will most likely never be marketed again. So be it. So simply getting the download available in prospective player's faces would seem like a no brainer (to most). DAOC has it's own digital download platform already known as EA Pro Play (or EA Play). Here's a simple question:

If DAOC is owned by EA, and DAOC can be played for FREE (Endless Conquest Accounts)... why isn't DAOC displayed and made available for FREE download on EA's own EA Pro Play Platform?

I'm logged into my EA Play account right now and I see they managed to post and make available for download Ultima I, Ultima II, Ultima III, Ultima IV, Ultima V, Ultima VI, Ultima VII, Ultima VIII and Ultima IX... ALL owned by EA I might add, lol... but Dark Age of Camelot is nowhere to be found. Can someone please explain to me (and the rest of us) why that is?

Comments

• I have to agree with this. I too have been suggesting for a long time that the game needs better distribution and marketing.

I've been back about a year and a half, and i've seen one actual "new" player in that time. The sub base isn't going to get any bigger, and we dont want the cigarette manufacturer problem where all your customers slowly die off (literally). Marketing and distribution please :)
  • edited August 2023 PM
    ROFL! They won't let you post actual, true, REAL noitalupop info!!!! When the numbers are so bad you HAVE to hide them... that says something right there.
    Post edited by Moxi on
  • edited August 2023 PM
    [removed[
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on