Stackable Melee Health Buffers

Ok. So, this is just a general question, as I am confused as to what I am reading in my combat text window. I am not going to identify the player, as I do not know if this is something that is legally part of the game or not.

While in combat, tonight, against a player from Midgard, I meleed him and this is what popped up on my combat text, on literally every single hit.

You Performed You Prismatic Blade Perfectly(+xx)
You hit for xxx(-xxx) damage
A barrier absorbs xx damage

I am running my King Lug-issued Champ armor, which has both healing procs and melee health buffer procs on all 6 pieces.

When MY melee health buffer is active, and I receive a hit from an enemy, the amount of dmg received shows up with only ONE barrier absorbing the 50% pf received damage, as it is supposed to, and up to the 150 damage value is absorbed.

I have asked advice from players, in game, on multiple occasions, and none of the players are 100% sure how a small amount of players have stackable health buffers, like I am describing, as apparently you are not supposed to be able to do it.

Any advice on how this is being done or which classes are capable of doing it, would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Post screenshots, not saying you're lying, but the way things are worded in the combat log and in which order would help further explain the situation
  • Ok. IF it happems to me, again in combat, I can take photos or screeshots and figure out how to post them. I won't be online, until probably Saturday evening, and these are usually rare occurrences.

I am keeping this post open in my browser, amd just refreshing it for updates and comments.
  • As an additoonal layer of research, would it be a good idea to duel a friendly player that has an ablative proc on their armor, to test what happens when I hit a player that I can confirm only has ONE melee health buffer active at the time I hit them?
  • Ok. So here is my first photo of what I see, in combat. Photos are taken via my Motorola Moto G Power mobile device. I have edited the photos, to prevent the players from being identified, until we can confirm exactly what we are seeing and how it is happening.

In this first photo, the player's ablative proc activated with a blueish bubble forming around them, when I hit them.

You can see by the damage text, that I hit them twice for a total of 151 dmg(including the critical hit dmg), and the barrier absorbed exactly 50% of the dmg, and only the 150 total dmg it would sustain before dissipating.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TkyJ5-Z9aSsr_fybRfcQ9MUueijEwLbV/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Now, with my next two photos, one is an alb player and one is a mid player. The mid player, I have faced before, so as soon as he attacked me, I grabbed my ohone and started watching the combat text carefully.

On both of these occurrences, their barriers never seemed to fully dissipate and were always active, despite no shields or bubbles forming around them, when I hit them.

This first photo is the mid player, that I faced on Thursday morning. If you look carefully, it appears he has TWO barriers active at the same time, both are reducing melee combat damage, and neither if them are defaulting to a 50% dmg reduction like normal

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Two_aJ5KFirV1SJTAR2lpZmNXJaQsAsE/view?usp=drivesdk

This second photo is from the alb player, that I faced, once again a similar fashion, where at least ONE barrier seemed to never dissipate. And up to THREE were active at the same time. Notice that two of the barriers did not reduce dmg by the normal 50%, like the first barrier does. In addition to the barriers, their excessively ridiculous elemental resist % to my DD proc on my Illistrious Blade is 46 pts of dmg reduced from the full 60 and would put their resist to that dmg type, at over 75%. My understanding is that you can go up to 26% from item bonuses, +24% from the strongest buffs, and up to an additional 10% from armor bonus if the armor they are wearing is strong against that dmg type. Even with the mythiclal resist stat cap increases, a 75-76% elemental resist rate seems to be a little high.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UFQsMDqfjANE0FoFnoE4xTs5Sks-s6J6/view?usp=drivesdk
  • If anyone has any understanding, insight, information, knowledge, or suggestions on how to handle this, feel free to drop a line on this post. The Hibernia players Inhave discussed it with, online, are not aware of how it is being done or how to even do it themselves, at this time.

Thanks in advance.
  • Can't you make the photos public or something?
  • edited April 2022 PM
    You referring to my Google Drive settings, or making them public in this thread?

I can click the links, fine, but I also have an Android device.
    Post edited by Cindylennox on
  • Ok. My Google Drive "Downloads" folder has a public permission setting, for anyone that has the link. You should be able to access the photos now.

I didn't know that Google Drive had a privacy setting. I'm sorry about that. I am still learning how to utilize Google resources on this phone.
  • edited April 2022 PM
    I also went ahead and purchased a Otherworldly Stalwart Cloak, which has a charged magic ability of 100% melee dmg reduction, up to 150 pts of dmg.

What I intend to do is record me playing against some PvE mobs, with the charged defensive proc, which lasts 7 mins, and when the shield triggers, it can last up to 45 seconds.

While having that buff active, I am going to keep my Mistbound champ armor on, which all 6 pieces have a 50%/150 melee health buffer proc, just to see IF BOTH shields are able to be active simultaneously.

I have a YouTube channel already setup, with car videos, so getting a link to it posted should not be an issue.

• Here is my video. I fought against two OJ and one named Purple im the Labby. You will notice that the ONLY proc that activated it the strongest proc. My weaker ablative proc did not activate one time, only the healing proc did.
  • I'm not sure about now but I think you used to be able to have an ablative chant, melee damage ablative proc, and a /use melee/magic damage ablative that would stack.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited April 2022 PM
    I tested ablatives, in a duel against a Valewalker, since they can stack up to three ablatives. They have special abilities, with cooldown timers, that allow them to do it.

They are the exception. Not the rule.

So, when melee health buffers are stacked, the strongest one takes ALL the dmg, first. Any leftover dmg transfers to the next strongest one, until it hits its limit, and then if there is still any dmg remaining, the third one would take any remaining dmg.

In my test, the guildmate had a 100%/100, 50%/200, and a 50%/150 active.

I meleed him for 110 dmg, which was reduced to 0, because of the ablatives.

The 100% ablative absorbed 100 dmg snd dissipated. The remaining 10 dmg transferred to the second strongest ablative and reduced the dmg it could absorb by 10pts, down to 190. Why thensecond one still absorbed 100% of dmg is not known to me, at this time. I know he is a legitimate player.

Since the third ablative did not absorb dmg, only 2 barriers showed up in my combat text.

If you look at my screenshots, you can see that not only are the ablatives not absorbing dmg congruent with the typical parameters of the game(such as 25%, 33%, 50%, 100% dmg dealt), and they are not absorbing dmg in the same order as a legitimate set of stacked melee health buffers woukd absorb them.

One player I faced, was a Skald, and as it stands one of my guild mates has a Level 50 Skald and confirmed they can NOT stack melee health buffers anymore, because they no longer get a ablative chant.

This is an issue I would prefer to resolve with players, before sending screenshots to a CS representative at Broadsword.

However, if the issue can't be answered or resolved, my next step will be to engage the support of someone with the technical capability to see what is really going on and whether rules are being broken or not. At that point, if there are indeed players that have found a way to break the rules, and they become subject to any consequences, it is out of my hands. They knew the consequences when they made their decision, and that responsibility falls solely on them.

In my experiences, most players on this game are within the rules and spirit of the game. Every game will have a small group that will try to "bend" or outright "break" the rules to win or rank up, and DAoC is not immune to that, because that is simply human nature for some.

If I can record a video of a fight, I can try thay too, so you can see the ablatives are activating without items being used or the little blue/white bubbles appearing around the enemy player, like they were when I tested my own ablative procs.
  • edited April 2022 PM
    I decided tontry a final test, to kind of confirm what I already knew, but it never hurts to have evidence in excess.

I had a guild mate use their Bard, to melee me long enough to activate my Champ armor, Level 30, Purple Ablative proc, which is 50% dmg reduction for up to 150 dmg.

Once that happened, I went ahead and used a charge from the OW Stalwart Cloak, which gives me a Level 50, Yellow, 100% dmg reduction, up to 150 dmg. This charge has a proc rate of 15%.

This is now a test of the claims, that you can stack them by using an item in addition to armor procs ans battlechants/song, abilities, etc.

While receiving dmg, the Level 50 proc overtook the Level 30 proc, and dmg began being reduced by 100%, and even though the Level 30 proc had not reached the 150 dmg threshold, it was automatically dispelled. Only ONE ablative remained active, at any time during the test.

The yellow buff overwrote the purple buff, until I received 150 dmg, and then it dissipated as well.

So, in theory, if your proc rates would have to be extremely high, to constantly chain a proc so they basically never expire. Given that using an OW item only grants you a 15% proc rate, and the best Bard healing proc is only 25%, I would imagine armor/weapon proc rates are probably similar, which means it would be auite difficult to constantly have an ablative active at all times, let alone having TWO or THREE actove the entire fight.

Like I said before, we can do this the mature way, or we can do it the "hard" way.

If I am wrong, videos and templates better start being showm how it is possible to do it, since at this point all my evidence is showing it clearly can't not be done, or should not be able to be done by as many classes that are doing it.
  • edited April 2022 PM

Here is a video, showing that the procs will overtake each other, as my purple 50%/150 dmg buffer takes 71 pts of dmg(meaning 79 left before it should have dissipated), and gets overwritten by the 100%/150 dmg proc from the item charge off the Stalwart Cloak, when the proc activates.

Even if the armor proc were to reactivate, while the yellow proc.is activated, it would dissipate in the same fashion, and replace the 100%/150 dmg yellow proc.

Meaning, they do not, and can not be stacked.

I used to do beta testing, for a Windows 8 phone app developer, in the past. These are types of things we used to sit around and do, while he was working on the different parts of the game and storyline, to try and weed out any potential bugs or oversights in his coding of the game.
  • edited April 2022 PM
    I have also found another consistency with these "stacked" melee health buffers.

They have changing damage reduction percentage values, as the fights are progressing.

The consistency at start out is a 23% damage reduction, and once again I have plenty of screenshots to prove this, and I am willing to take the time to edit out the names of the players, if that is necessary at this point. One player suddenly had his proc "dissipate", at a reduction rate of 23% and a total of 192 damage, to which there should be an item with those values, since that almost looked legit(until it came back with no blue/white bubble surrounding him, a few hits later).

I have found the damage reduction values will change once additional procs begin to "stack".

At one point, the starting proc reduced from 23% down to 8%, then up to 30%, and had a single hit at 28%, while the second procs would typically absorb more damage than the primary proc would.

Anyone ready to tell me what is really going on, yet?
  • Like I said before, we can do this the mature way, or we can do it the "hard" way.
    LOL

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/?page=36

As quoted: "Offensive and Defensive proc buffs on several classes should no longer give an error when the user has another player targeted with an active proc spell.
    Please note that this fix will result in some lower level versions of offensive and defensive procs to overwrite higher level versions."

This confirms that my ablative procs are operating, as intended, from this patch note, from 2016.

There will be more to come, shortly.
  • null
    Considering that some of the players, from my saved screenshots are now avoiding me or not being seen online as often as they normally are, it isn't so funny anymore, is it?
  • Can’t tell if this is one epically long troll or not ?
  • This is all a happy fancy but basically...

You can have an ablative chant, a melee ablative, and a melee/magic (all) ablative that will all stack. Your otherworld cloak/SOM cloak ablative will overwrite/not stack over that. Ablatives were nuked pretty hard so I don't really see this as being a giant issue. Combat log can be a bit confusing as there are a lot of mechanics in this game.

Discord is a great place to get questions answered same day. https://discord.gg/BhjCbceF
  • At one point, the starting proc reduced from 23% down to 8%, then up to 30%, and had a single hit at 28%, while the second procs would typically absorb more damage than the primary proc would.

Anyone ready to tell me what is really going on, yet?

If he's using a legendary weapon that procs an ablative all bets are off that this is anything other than normal. You really need to at least know what class you are fighting and what weapons they are using to come ask us what's going on.
  • https://www.darkageofcamelot.com/?page=36

As quoted: "Offensive and Defensive proc buffs on several classes should no longer give an error when the user has another player targeted with an active proc spell.
    Please note that this fix will result in some lower level versions of offensive and defensive procs to overwrite higher level versions."

This confirms that my ablative procs are operating, as intended, from this patch note, from 2016.

There will be more to come, shortly.

That patch note is to cover a bug that if you had a self offensive proc (such as a warden or friar with heal proc) and targeted another player who had any kind of offensive proc, you'd get an error. That seems totally unrelated to the stacking question you're posing.
  • null
    Oh, is that so? So, then which item has a 23% absorptiom rate and has a damage value over 1,000 pts of absorbed damage before it dissipates?

Whicj RA would that ne, exactly?

Or, do I need to post a link to the website that sells the hacks?
  • null
    Oh, is that so? So, then which item has a 23% absorptiom rate and has a damage value over 1,000 pts of absorbed damage before it dissipates?

Whicj RA would that ne, exactly?

Or, do I need to post a link to the website that sells the hacks?

Post an actual screenshot and I'll tell you.
  • In addition to armor/cloak-based ablatives there are chants/buffs (Paladin, Valkyrie) and things like ML10/Dragon conversion that still stack in DAoC.
  • I already posted screenshots, of the player that was doing this initially, and I edited out his name.

Now that I know for a fact, it is not a legit ablative, since another mid Skald used to use it, just like the one in the screenshots I posted, and now he isn't using it anymore after a few appeals have been filed, save it
  • Cindy you should be friends with Sengwu. I think y’all would have lots to talk about.

And be sure to post SS, of all your nonsensical conversations.
  • I already posted screenshots, of the player that was doing this initially, and I edited out his name.

Now that I know for a fact, it is not a legit ablative, since another mid Skald used to use it, just like the one in the screenshots I posted, and now he isn't using it anymore after a few appeals have been filed, save it
    Yeah no more three simultaneous ablative, so sad...

The skald on your screenshot was Qilikor ( The name was not really hidden correctly to be honest ), if such a hack was existing, there's no way Qili would be able to install that :pensive:

Have fun !!!

• Swiifi, I noticed you decided to join the conversation. You know, I did a /stats on you, the other day after I appealed you on one of my alts for radar, and you were gone for like 6-7 days afterward.

I didn't take a screenshot, but I did notice that you had 0 kills. 0 Deathblows, and 1 Death.

You did have RPs showing, but it wasn't much, which made me wonder(especially sine YOU USED to have stacked ablatives until I appealed you for that, too after I privately confronted you and you made the mistake of telling me to go ahead an do it.)

Have you been reduced to killing Dopples and repairing keeps and towers, i stead of bullying dolos that are reduced to the same?

You "developers" and your "following crowd" picked the WRONG person to mess with, this time.

Would you like me to post the link to my latest video, of me showing the DAoC community how to beat a player using their little run-through, with their snare immunities, amd stacked ablatives, too? The RR7 SB I defeated even burned his precious little purge ability, as soon as I landed the first slam on him(like they always do....) it might jave helped him at the start of that fight, but since he can't survive for 15 minutes, it didn't do him very much good on the subsequent slams I landed on him after the in-game immunities wore off.

You know what Realm Abilities I have never used?
    Ignore Pain & Purge

I used my RR5, Combat Awareness, which snares ME by 50%(giving the run-through user a huge advantage, except my evade also go to 95% as long as I can keep LOS) and I was under 30% health when I used it.

I used Soldier's Barricade 3, and my Level 45 Shield ability: Tactics

We don't even need to appeal you, anymore.

The minute you use those absurd heals that mimic IP3, to avoid the movement penalty you CAN'T prevent, from low health, you are appealed.

Because you can no longer break a player's line of sight, you can't give yourself a 100% chance to hit those infamous side positional stuns, that is signature of players using run-through. It actually drops you to about a 3% chance to hit.

Oh, and you know who else I haven't seen online i a while?

The person you are identifying in the screenshot.

Anymore wise remarks?
  • Qilikor reached rank 13 and is now playing something else.
    I'm playing almost every day, I have no clue what you're talking about.
    Cause you seem to have a problem with skald, maybe start one and check what abilities they have access :pensive:

• You "developers" and your "following crowd" picked the WRONG person to mess with, this time.

You know what Realm Abilities I have never used?
    Ignore Pain & Purge

The thread that keeps on giving.

• Sengwu’s cousin, gotta be!!
  • LOL I miss the old forum days man, this is getting like Postcount lmao
  • https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x170KVn4z04N5jSB6ejGBEc0goVDb8E8/view?usp=drivesdk

This os one example of somebody modifying their code to stack health buffers. Not only will the damage absorption be off, the percentages will be wrong, and no shield will always form everytime they activate them.

A secondary ablative will NOT show up, on a Valewalker(the ONLY class that can still stack them)unless the damage exceeds the value of the primary ablative.
  • Might want to remember one very important thing: Ruffel is GONE, permanently. I am still here.

Checkmate.

You had three choices, per my YouTube channel.

Now, you only have two:

Straighten it up and stop cheating, and learn how to play the game correctly(and yes, that includes not modding your stats so you can hit for over 400 damage on a tank with Scale armor, with a one hand weapon, which none of them have a damage cap above 400, or AF mods that allow your stealth classes to be hit for less damage in leather, than a tank class in chain, scale, of plate mail)

Or keep being cocky and arrogant, the way Ruffel was, and get the same result he did.

He spent over 7 hours hacking into my PC to upload those files, and I beat him with a FACTORY RESET!!!!!!!!!

But, something tells me that we are gonna have to keep doing this the "hard" way.

Go ahead and make your choice, because this time I'm not taking any prisoners, and those of you standing against me are not going to make it to the new Classic server, that is going live soon. That's a promose.
  • This has to be a troll at this point
  • How deep can the conspiracy go?
  • puter wrote: »
    How deep can the conspiracy go?

When Ruffel is finally caught and fully prosecuted to whatever the law will allow for hacking me, am I allowed to come back to this discussion?

Quillikor, Swiifi, Fooglie, Kloki, and quite a few others may not be so inclined to agree with you, anymore, after they all started receiving "vacations" from DAoC, after my appeals started getting investigated.......
  • You listed like 4 Skalds… a class with a self melee buffer chant. I’m seeing a trend here.

The real problem is you’re speced for Prismatic Blade on a Hero
  • God forbid people play other characters (as stated already) lol

Qilikor isn't good enough to cheat lol

Quillikor, Swiifi, Fooglie, Kloki, and quite a few others may not be so inclined to agree with you, anymore, after they all started receiving "vacations" from DAoC, after my appeals started getting investigated.......

You really are insane lol, I play with Fooglie and he never got banned.
  • You know what I find to be ironic, he suddenly stopped playing his Mid, after he faced me at Folley and he somehow used IP 3 4x in less than 3 minutes, because he was having trouble landing blows on me, and that was way before I learned how to strafe the run-through hacks he liked to use to win his battles.

Since I'm so "insane" how is Ruffel doing these days?

Since Swiifi was the one that got cocky and told me to go ahead and go to Broadsword, I went ahead and did so.

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.", As they say, and Swiifi had all his "licenses" removed and busted down to killing dopples for his RPs, right before I got hacked by Ruffel.

See, here's the problem, whomever is doing this is actually one of the original Mythic developers of the game, and he would encompass personality traits of being without a conscience, a pathological liar, hates being challenged, constantly bragging about what he can do or will do, is extremely arrogant(hence why he came at me directly when I created my alb Minstrel), and cunningly ruthless in actions.

His arrogance is actually his downfall, because he thinks he can't be punished or caught.

Swiifi and the other have made that mistake with me, as well.

I just wish I could have seen the look on Waefulwufas(sp??) face, when he thought if I added him to my ignore list, that it would stop me from sending a PM to him, after he told me to harm myself for the second time.

Let's get one thing clear, IF I really were insane, I would not be being treated the way I am and talked to the way I am, by those that are doing this.
  • Jesus what did I just read. Did Ghandour create a new account?
  • You know what I find to be ironic, he suddenly stopped playing his Mid, after he faced me at Folley and he somehow used IP 3 4x in less than 3 minutes, because he was having trouble landing blows on me, and that was way before I learned how to strafe the run-through hacks he liked to use to win his battles.

Since I'm so "insane" how is Ruffel doing these days?

Since Swiifi was the one that got cocky and told me to go ahead and go to Broadsword, I went ahead and did so.

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.", As they say, and Swiifi had all his "licenses" removed and busted down to killing dopples for his RPs, right before I got hacked by Ruffel.

See, here's the problem, whomever is doing this is actually one of the original Mythic developers of the game, and he would encompass personality traits of being without a conscience, a pathological liar, hates being challenged, constantly bragging about what he can do or will do, is extremely arrogant(hence why he came at me directly when I created my alb Minstrel), and cunningly ruthless in actions.

His arrogance is actually his downfall, because he thinks he can't be punished or caught.

Swiifi and the other have made that mistake with me, as well.

I just wish I could have seen the look on Waefulwufas(sp??) face, when he thought if I added him to my ignore list, that it would stop me from sending a PM to him, after he told me to harm myself for the second time.

Let's get one thing clear, IF I really were insane, I would not be being treated the way I am and talked to the way I am, by those that are doing this.

Rofl, all these things only happened in your head mate.
  • Someone who remembers Ghandour. Be still my heart