[QoL] Artifacts

Any thoughts about updating Artifacts w/mythical stat caps. It would be fun to see them come back into the template meta.

Comments

• Yes!!! Make Artis Great Again.

• I wouldn't touch the artifacts that are already commonly used, like SoK, Zo, EoY, winged helm, traitors dagger, etc.

Better stats and updated procs on chestpieces could be nice, same with updating procs and speed of the weapons.

However, fo.artifaxts with strong /use, I.wouldn't make the stats great, I think it's good that better /use comes at the expense of pure stats. Forces the player to choose and make concessions.

Last thing we want are 127 templates on all stats with all the best /uses
  • Yes revamp Artis but don't make them powerful, just relevant/useful
  • edited April 2021 PM
    I think the best gauge is to have BS attempt a revamp, then dial it back in by about 99%. Should be good there. Preferably over the course of a month and not several years.
    Post edited by puter on
  • Yeah arti temps were fun. TOA revamp would be dope.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • I wonder if they could just add a few more levels to the artifacts to bring the stats up-to-date.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • ToA revamp would be super nice. I loved MLs and Artis. Even the scroll farming was fun. Toned down version of this would be nice. Could also add BPs for completing encounters and MLs.

Templates with different artifacts were so nice back in the day. It would be great to see artifacts being more relevant again.
  • Dreamscape wrote: »
    I wonder if they could just add a few more levels to the artifacts to bring the stats up-to-date.

I like that bro.

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • edited April 2021 PM
    I did a mockup of artis ages ago with myth caps etc, they looked quite juicy tbh... some of the procs would need updating too though due to higher health pools etc now.
    Post edited by BloodOmen on
  • Found one in fact! surprised that was still lingering on my HDD

Tank Original
    40 Hits
    15 Con
    15 Qui
    Shield/Damage Shield (40%)
    Melee Speed 3%
    Melee Damage 3%
    Con Cap 5
    Quin Cap 5
    Wolf Morph/Offensive Proc

Updated

Tank
    80 Hits
    25 Con
    25 Qui
    Shield/Damage Shield (40%)
    Melee Speed 4, Melee Damage 4, Style Damage 4
    Mythical Con Cap: 10
    Mythical Qui Cap: 10
    Wolf Morph/Offensive Proc

Would love to see them done across the board.
  • Last thing the game needs is more stats on items ... I hope BS has learnt from the curse / OW

If you like artifacts so much just buy weapon/armour patterns with mithril ...
  • I don't think it's the stats alone that's the problem, I think the mark BS missed was increasing style growths to compensate for the stat growths.... example, people with 3000+ health now compared to 1600-1800 before and still having to use the same style damage formulas as before.