Scout, Ranger or Hunter...

What are the pros and cons to each? Best solo option? How to spec? RA's?

Taking all and any advice for stealthers now a days.

Comments

• Ranger is the best and easiest at killing assassins (dual wields, Evade IV and evade buff, etc.). You can kill an assassin on a Ranger without using Purge wheras you might need all your toys on a Hunter.

Hunter is the best at killing visibles imo (pet, disease). For example, you can stomp a Caster Necro with 10x the ease of a Ranger. You can kite a tank much more easily and wear him down with Power Shot, etc.

Scout is the best at... blocking? They can be good at fighting other archers, but their melee damage is generally low and they're probably the most difficult to play and least rewarding.

RAs... you need a base of MoS. Whereas your average assassin might be MoS 5-7 you might want to consider MoS 7-9 to further your range advantage. IP/Purge/First Aid/Falcon's Eye/MoBlock (Scout)/MoPain/Avoidance of Magic like most other classes

Imo the best archer templates are those that are defensive with Astral Vest and Winged Helm. Play to your strengths by using high DPS weapons like the Hunter aurulite/frozen 6.0 spear, legendaries, Pictslayers, etc. but don't underestimate your bow damage.
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    Ranger is the best and easiest at killing assassins (dual wields, Evade IV and evade buff, etc.). You can kill an assassin on a Ranger without using Purge wheras you might need all your toys on a Hunter.

Hunter is the best at killing visibles imo (pet, disease). For example, you can stomp a Caster Necro with 10x the ease of a Ranger. You can kite a tank much more easily and wear him down with Power Shot, etc.

Scout is the best at... blocking? They can be good at fighting other archers, but their melee damage is generally low and they're probably the most difficult to play and least rewarding.

RAs... you need a base of MoS. Whereas your average assassin might be MoS 5-7 you might want to consider MoS 7-9 to further your range advantage. IP/Purge/First Aid/Falcon's Eye/MoBlock (Scout)/MoPain/Avoidance of Magic like most other classes

Imo the best archer templates are those that are defensive with Astral Vest and Winged Helm. Play to your strengths by using high DPS weapons like the Hunter aurulite/frozen 6.0 spear, legendaries, Pictslayers, etc. but don't underestimate your bow damage.

The kind of response I was looking for! thank you for that.
  • edited April 2021 PM
    Hunter:
    to my point of view he is definetely the best archer when you push it to its limit. He is the best at kiting thanks to his pet. He can have good melee dps as well. The pet help you a lot to handle 1vX.
    In term of spec i would go something 49archery 39spear 32beast rest stealth (requiere a good amount of rr, like 7 or 8 to maximize stealth).

The weakness of hunter is his sustainability. He is the archer with the less defense and you are vulnerable to slash (most common melee damage). it might get frustrating to be 4shot but once you master the kiting, hunter are beast
    Strenght of hunter: best kiter, most versatile (both melee and archery)

Please find below a dozen of hunter vid I did

Ranger:
    he is definetely the easiest archer to compete as he is the best to melee. At the same time he also is the worst kiter versus scout and hunter. On spec I would say 49archery 34pierce 35cd rest stealth (need rr5 to compete). You can for sure have higher melee spec but i wouldn't recommend, better play a sins.
    You can play ranger as mini blademaster. You really make nasty melee damage.

Weakness of ranger is his kiting ability
    Strenght of ranger is his melee damage dual wield

Please find below a dozen of ranger vid I did

Scout:
    known as the worse archer of all three but also one of worse class in game... his reputation isn't entirely true. In stealth war I feel he is the best one if you have some rank. Reason? You can actually abuse of engage.
    He is a good kiter and not so hard to play (thanks to shield stuns). He does well in most 1v1 (except few hybrid class like vw or pet class like bonedancer). However in 1vX it is absolute garbage where ranger can just melee and kill and hunter is the most versatile. In term of spec I would advise 49archery 42shield (slam) 21+ slash (side snare) rest stealth.

Weakness of scout: you have no melee damage. You also need rank to master stealth war to increase your defense
    Strenght of scout: shield. Free stun to kite and engage to fights sins/archer. Also good rank5 to be pure sniper

Please find below dozen of scout vid I did

Post edited by StreetCred on