PvP server ever again?

edited April 2018 in General Board
I'm not actually thinking this will ever be a thing again on live but would there ever be a chance that a pvp server would be a thing again?
Post edited by Ceaseless on

Comments

• why don't they merge a pvp server with gaheris? Can't they make a command or filter /pvp on/off or couldn't they make one of the BGs a place for duelers?
  • I would like to see a pvp server option again. Not sure why they closed mord and not gayheris seems like its just as "dead"
  • edited April 2018 PM
    I asked this ages ago and I remember the issue being something about the fact that Gaheris toons get free realm skill points as they level. Something about how they are built makes them incompatible or way too much trouble to role into the Ywain servers.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
  • maaaaan this would be totaly insane <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
  • I mean if you look at the lack of attention Gaheris was given in terms of updates, that very well may have been a passive-aggressive method of encouraging that server to die. I don't know if that was the true intent but it doesn't seem implausible.
  • the reason they closed the server and never will be another one is because in DAoC's prime days the server would see at best a few hundred people, whereas Gaheris still has a population in its dieing age
  • gaheris is just as dead and has been for a while as mordred was when it was closed