Endless conquest siege weapons and xp on/off

Under the free to play model, i download the client and logged back in to daoc. Messed around a bit, died alot! Then went to Molvik, full of damned stealthers! So i bought the catapult token and went to make a siege catapult with my mentalist to play the bait and because i love destroying walls. I couldnt do it as it is not enabled with Endless conquest. I then read the faq on it and that prompted the memory of xp/off.

I am most likely now going to log in once or twice more and then not play it again.

If seige weapons and xp off was available for me on endless conquest, i would most likely play in the battlegrounds for a few hours every week unless their was great action and then I would be there all the time.

I think this could be a way to get me back to subscription. Thidranki and Molvik were very popular and I think been fully able to enjoy these on the f2p model is well worth a try.

Comments

• edited October 2020 PM
    Yup. I said this since the beginning. /xp off should be allowed on EC accounts. /RP off should not. If someone is really serious about coming back to the game as EC and literally live in the BGs and not subscribe, then ffs let them, but make them have to remove their RPs from the RP remover when they cap out of a BG..

But really I love your post. Let people play this game... for free.. and actually be able to enjoy it... So that there can be physically MORE people in the game for the subscribers to have some fun too...

Edit: I came back as EC account just under 1 year ago... personally I thought the restrictions were a disaster. They wasted their "Big News" of releasing EC but yet they had so many restrictions.. Now EC has been out for almost a year and now it's kind of lost its luster.

From my experience as EC account, I thought that the bonuses you get from RP/BP/XP ALONE would make any serious player rather sub than deal with the handicap. Let people play with for free with all restriction lifted except for RP/BP honestly... get them to love the game, then that restriction alone wil make them subscribe eventually... And if they don't and stop playing, then hey at least they were able to have some fun and so did the subscribed players just having more bodies in game
    Post edited by Armagedden on